• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Hoenn City/Town (Version 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeaidan

Wake me up inside
Sootopolis, because of the legendary event there and just the fact that it's located in a giant crater.

The Living Daylights

Ghost Collector
The music and atmosphere of Fallabor and Verdanturf were the best and very soothing. They felt like magical places. I have a soft spot for Mossdeep as well - I have no idea why. Fortree was also cool, with the whole tree-house thing and the Kecleon event.

But the best cities have to be Sootopolis and Pacifidlog. Sootopolis was a very original city with a rich history, with the Groudon vs Kyogre event in Emerald being a definite plus. I always didn't understand how you could fly there, but that didn't bother me too much. Pacifidlog Town was another original location, with nice music (I think the theme is identical to Lilycove, though) and the way you could almost walk on the water was really nice. Getting to and from there without using Fly was always bothersome, though.

chess-z

campy vampire
Verdanturf was my personal favorite (probably because I was am a sucker for Wally, but that's besides the point). It really was just a soothing place and I loved the music. It was very glaring when I would transition from Verdanturf to Route 117.

My favorite city was definitely Rustboro. It was the first city that I encountered that actually felt like a city. (and I thought the Devon researcher was adorable).

Gillachu

Banned
I'd go with Verdanturf because it's small and unassuming, but still nice and green. My second choice would be Dewford for similar reasons.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Pacifidlog Town was another original location
I definitely thought that Pacifidlog Town was a very original area as well. The whole floating town concept was pretty interesting IMO, and I remember being very impressed when I reached Pacifidlog for the first time.
The town's pretty small, but I like going there sometimes just because it's a cool place to visit.

Vroomer

Mossdeep because of the Space Center.

The rest of the towns were kinda blah to me. Sootopolis being the one exception, but it does not have a space center.. But Sootopolis looks like Greece, to me.

Pacifidlog and Fortree always stuck with me because of how original the designs the were. They feel like places that could only exist in Hoenn, or a Pokemon game in general.

makoto

Verdanturf and specially Dewford. Apart from the music, which is absolutely great, the coziness you get from the town and how small they are gives me some sort of nostalgic feeling.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I have to say Mossdeep City. I love the music, I love the fact that it has a space center, and Tate and Liza are by far my favorite 3rd gen gym leaders.

I loved Sootopolis City as a kid, it had a unique feel for me. I also loved Lavaridge Town because of the hot spring in it haha, ooo and Fortree City tooo!! I loved geting secret base decorations!

My fave town was Sootopolis City, I mean it's a town in a freaking crater! how cool is that?!?

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Mauville City. I used to spend a lot of time there back in RSE mostly to catch Latias. easier to reset.
Now in ORAS, at first I didn't like it seeing how closed off it felt. Now on my second run It's definitely grown on me. I enjoy going up and exploring the shops and houses :p

lactatingRHINO7

I really like Dewford town. As a kid, I always wanted to visit further in to the island or that little tree-filled island right off of the coast. And that music! Honourable mention goes to Verdanturf

I find Sootopolis really nice. The pretty ORAS remix, the sun shining in the daytime, the waterfalls and the pale crater it was built in just make it a stunning and relaxing place to be in.

Also Wallace is there.

Izanagi777

I still think that Sootopolis City is the best town in Hoenn, mainly because of how unique they are (the fact that we can't go there except we use Dive or Fly once we have visited them)

Status
Not open for further replies.