1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Hoenn City/Town (Version 2)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Mega Altaria, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pokeaidan

Pokeaidan Wake me up inside

Sootopolis, because of the legendary event there and just the fact that it's located in a giant crater.

2. The Living Daylights

The Living Daylights Ghost Collector

The music and atmosphere of Fallabor and Verdanturf were the best and very soothing. They felt like magical places. I have a soft spot for Mossdeep as well - I have no idea why. Fortree was also cool, with the whole tree-house thing and the Kecleon event.

But the best cities have to be Sootopolis and Pacifidlog. Sootopolis was a very original city with a rich history, with the Groudon vs Kyogre event in Emerald being a definite plus. I always didn't understand how you could fly there, but that didn't bother me too much. Pacifidlog Town was another original location, with nice music (I think the theme is identical to Lilycove, though) and the way you could almost walk on the water was really nice. Getting to and from there without using Fly was always bothersome, though.

3. chess-z

chess-z campy vampire

Verdanturf was my personal favorite (probably because I was am a sucker for Wally, but that's besides the point). It really was just a soothing place and I loved the music. It was very glaring when I would transition from Verdanturf to Route 117.

My favorite city was definitely Rustboro. It was the first city that I encountered that actually felt like a city. (and I thought the Devon researcher was adorable).

MockingJ likes this.
  4. Gillachu

Gillachu Banned

I'd go with Verdanturf because it's small and unassuming, but still nice and green. My second choice would be Dewford for similar reasons.

5. Pikachu979

Pikachu979 Sinnoh Champion

My favorite is Mossdeep for its space center, my second would be Sootopolis for reasons stated above.

6. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

I definitely thought that Pacifidlog Town was a very original area as well. The whole floating town concept was pretty interesting IMO, and I remember being very impressed when I reached Pacifidlog for the first time.
    The town's pretty small, but I like going there sometimes just because it's a cool place to visit.

7. Vroomer

Vroomer Well-Known Member

Mossdeep because of the Space Center.

The rest of the towns were kinda blah to me. Sootopolis being the one exception, but it does not have a space center.. But Sootopolis looks like Greece, to me.

8. Moonstardust

Moonstardust Banned

I'm a sucker for beach areas, so my favorite city in Hoenn was Slateport since it had a beach close to it.

9. shadow dawn

shadow dawn Member

Pacifidlog and Fortree always stuck with me because of how original the designs the were. They feel like places that could only exist in Hoenn, or a Pokemon game in general.

10. makoto

makoto New Member

Verdanturf and specially Dewford. Apart from the music, which is absolutely great, the coziness you get from the town and how small they are gives me some sort of nostalgic feeling.

11. John Trainer

John Trainer John Trainer

Dewford was the best! I love surfing and having a small island with a surfer gym leader was epic!

MockingJ likes this.
  12. xEryChan

xEryChan #ScorbunnySquad Staff Member Moderator

I have to say Mossdeep City. I love the music, I love the fact that it has a space center, and Tate and Liza are by far my favorite 3rd gen gym leaders.

13. Hydrangea

Hydrangea Disgraced Phantom Thief Staff Member Moderator

Fortree has always stuck out strongly in my mind, as has Lilycove. I used to always build my secret base on the route outside of Lilycove so I'd be close by. I love the rural beach feeling of the city and the large department store.

14. SuicuneMei

SuicuneMei hiii

I loved Sootopolis City as a kid, it had a unique feel for me. I also loved Lavaridge Town because of the hot spring in it haha, ooo and Fortree City tooo!! I loved geting secret base decorations!

15. SailorEevee92

SailorEevee92 Member

My fave town was Sootopolis City, I mean it's a town in a freaking crater! how cool is that?!?

MockingJ likes this.
  16. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

Mauville City. I used to spend a lot of time there back in RSE mostly to catch Latias. easier to reset.
    Now in ORAS, at first I didn't like it seeing how closed off it felt. Now on my second run It's definitely grown on me. I enjoy going up and exploring the shops and houses :p

17. lactatingRHINO7

lactatingRHINO7 Active Member

I really like Dewford town. As a kid, I always wanted to visit further in to the island or that little tree-filled island right off of the coast. And that music! Honourable mention goes to Verdanturf

18. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

I really like Lavaridge Town. I like the hot springs, and I like the mountain setting.

MockingJ likes this.
  19. I find Sootopolis really nice. The pretty ORAS remix, the sun shining in the daytime, the waterfalls and the pale crater it was built in just make it a stunning and relaxing place to be in.

Also Wallace is there.

20. Izanagi777

Izanagi777 Well-Known Member

I still think that Sootopolis City is the best town in Hoenn, mainly because of how unique they are (the fact that we can't go there except we use Dive or Fly once we have visited them)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.