• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Hoenn Gym Leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
So, R/S/E introduced many cool Gym Leaders: Which of Hoenn's Gym Leaders did you like the most? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

I myself will go with Roxanne, because I always kinda had a crush on her. Her teaching job was great too, though I always thought she looked too young to pass for one.

Kalosian

So long
Before OR/AS existed, I had a hard time picking a favorite Gym Leader from Hoenn. I liked all of them equally, more or less. But the remakes changed that. My favorite is now Roxanne, the main reason being that I find her to be really cute in her OR/AS artwork. I like her personality too, and her Gym design in OR/AS is really cool. Other than her, I am also a fan of Norman and Liza/Tate. But like with Roxanne, I only started to like them more after playing OR/AS. As for R/S/E, I have to give a special honorable mention to Juan because I remember having trouble beating him in Emerald even if he was the last Gym Leader in the game.

Leonhart

Imagineer
For me, it's a tie between Mikuri and Adan. I enjoyed them both since they had an artistic demeanor, and the fact that Adan had given up his Gym Leader title to Mikuri and then took it back in Emerald was fascinating.

Do you even need me to tell you? Wallace all the damn way. He is cute, strong, cool, and OHMGYOD HE IS TOTAL BROS WITH STEVEN. Also, his manga adaption.... I'm totally not crying or anything, just ignore me.

Aquarelle

Staff member
My number one Hoenn leader has always been Wallace. I love Water types and he introduced me to one of my favourites, Milotic. His design is totally fabulous (especially in ORAS). And, I loved having him as the Champion in Emerald.
Oh yeah, I really liked his portrayal in the Pokemon Special manga as well.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I'll say my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader is Winona. The reason for this is because her Dragon Dance spamming Altaria taught me the importance of stat buffing moves. Before that, I just put four damage dealing attacks and thought anything else was a waste of time. xD

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
It's a tough choice, but it was between Winona & Wallace. Winona's there because I liked the diversity of her team, awesome design, and calm, calculated personality. I also chose Wallace because of his team, wacky, but unique design, and his role in the post game (ORAS). Who would have thought that an average gym leader became a Pokemon Champion?

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Mine is Winona, because her design is gorgeous and I like her whole team (Swellow is sleek, Pelipper is derpy, Skarmory is tough, Tropius is just a neat concept, and Altaria is adorable).

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmmm I kind of liked all of the Hoenn gym leaders to some extent, which is strange cuz normally I'm very picky about which characters I like hee hee. My top favourite right now is probably Winona cuz she was graceful, but I admire Flannery's passionate personality and Wallace's classiness as well. :]

ZilverLox

Banned
Definitely Brawly. I liked his surfer gimmick and how he had experience using Fighting types. My second choice would be Wattson based on his constant cheerfulness. :)

Bananarama

The light is coming
My choice for favorite gym leader in RSE has to be Flannery. I like her red hair and fiery demeanor, and I thought it was interesting how she had only recently inherited the Lavaridge Gym.

Gotta go with Flannery since she had a hot design. I liked Liza and Tate as well, although I discovered a few months ago that Tate is a boy, which blew my mind.

Cat's Eye Draco

Flannery, because I was always forgetting that her Torkoal knew attract and constantly setting myself up for a lot of frustration. :rolleyes:

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Only one leader stood out for me as I didn't particularly like any of the others.

Flannery: hot Pokémon, hot trainer. 'Sall I'm sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.