1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Hoenn Gym Leader?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Wednesdayz, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

So, R/S/E introduced many cool Gym Leaders: Which of Hoenn's Gym Leaders did you like the most? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

I myself will go with Roxanne, because I always kinda had a crush on her. Her teaching job was great too, though I always thought she looked too young to pass for one.

2. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Before OR/AS existed, I had a hard time picking a favorite Gym Leader from Hoenn. I liked all of them equally, more or less. But the remakes changed that. My favorite is now Roxanne, the main reason being that I find her to be really cute in her OR/AS artwork. I like her personality too, and her Gym design in OR/AS is really cool. Other than her, I am also a fan of Norman and Liza/Tate. But like with Roxanne, I only started to like them more after playing OR/AS. As for R/S/E, I have to give a special honorable mention to Juan because I remember having trouble beating him in Emerald even if he was the last Gym Leader in the game.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

For me, it's a tie between Mikuri and Adan. I enjoyed them both since they had an artistic demeanor, and the fact that Adan had given up his Gym Leader title to Mikuri and then took it back in Emerald was fascinating.

4. Do you even need me to tell you? Wallace all the damn way. He is cute, strong, cool, and OHMGYOD HE IS TOTAL BROS WITH STEVEN. Also, his manga adaption.... I'm totally not crying or anything, just ignore me.

5. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

My number one Hoenn leader has always been Wallace. I love Water types and he introduced me to one of my favourites, Milotic. His design is totally fabulous (especially in ORAS). And, I loved having him as the Champion in Emerald.
    Oh yeah, I really liked his portrayal in the Pokemon Special manga as well.

6. Samayouru

Samayouru Rabid Dusclops Fan

Wattson. I'm a sucker for old people who're also really enjoyable characters. Wattson is no exception and he's always left a huge impression on me every single time I play through R/S/E.

7. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy Tale Man

I'll say my favorite Hoenn Gym Leader is Winona. The reason for this is because her Dragon Dance spamming Altaria taught me the importance of stat buffing moves. Before that, I just put four damage dealing attacks and thought anything else was a waste of time. xD

8. DiaRubyTandem

DiaRubyTandem The Fastest Comeback

Winona and Roxanne! So cute, pretty and hot ❤ WOOOO And also they're strong!

I also pick Norman, cause he's so cool and strong even he uses normal types

9. XY&Z Legend

XY&Z Legend Stay Sharp, Bois!

It's a tough choice, but it was between Winona & Wallace. Winona's there because I liked the diversity of her team, awesome design, and calm, calculated personality. I also chose Wallace because of his team, wacky, but unique design, and his role in the post game (ORAS). Who would have thought that an average gym leader became a Pokemon Champion?

10. Mightilicious

Mightilicious Gen 3 Dark Type User

Wallace because he's the strongest and has a good sense of fashion ;3

11. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Mine is Winona, because her design is gorgeous and I like her whole team (Swellow is sleek, Pelipper is derpy, Skarmory is tough, Tropius is just a neat concept, and Altaria is adorable).

12. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Hmmm I kind of liked all of the Hoenn gym leaders to some extent, which is strange cuz normally I'm very picky about which characters I like hee hee. My top favourite right now is probably Winona cuz she was graceful, but I admire Flannery's passionate personality and Wallace's classiness as well. :]

13. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

Definitely Brawly. I liked his surfer gimmick and how he had experience using Fighting types. My second choice would be Wattson based on his constant cheerfulness. :)

14. Bananarama

Bananarama Another trophy

My choice for favorite gym leader in RSE has to be Flannery. I like her red hair and fiery demeanor, and I thought it was interesting how she had only recently inherited the Lavaridge Gym.

15. Flannery because fire is one of my favourite types

16. jginz1

jginz1 Shiny Hunter

Mine is Norman because he is the only dad of the protagonist in the franchise

17. DarkLeviathan

DarkLeviathan Banned

Gotta go with Flannery since she had a hot design. I liked Liza and Tate as well, although I discovered a few months ago that Tate is a boy, which blew my mind.

18. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Strange yet lovable corni fangirl~:3

Honestly i duno they're all pretty cool really lol

19. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Flannery, because I was always forgetting that her Torkoal knew attract and constantly setting myself up for a lot of frustration. :rolleyes:

20. Krokketto Prime Danjal

Krokketto Prime Danjal Done with worldly lies

Only one leader stood out for me as I didn't particularly like any of the others.

Flannery: hot Pokémon, hot trainer. 'Sall I'm sayin'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.