• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Hoenn Gym Leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Oh man, looking back there are so many great gym leaders in this gen. My favorites though would probably have to be Roxanne because I always liked the concept of the Trainers' School (it only makes sense in-universe). I liked how the school and its top graduate were integrated in this game. Also Tate and Liza because I prefer Double Battles to Single Battles, even though I wasted Solrock and Lunatone with my water-types.

ShinyCatcher1

Veteran Trainer
I would say Wallace, I've never been more terrified of a Milotic that could heal and wall literally any attacks

Last edited:

thexuberant1

My favorite is Roxanne cuz she's an honors student and graduated from the Trainer's School. I also like Tate and Liza cuz they're super cute and are the first gym leaders to have double battles. I really admire Norman as well cuz it's great to face your dad in the game. Oh, and Flannery looks very pretty in ORAS.

Greekboy

norman for sure. I always thought beating norman was the end of the "first half" of the game, since it's such a significant event (defeating your father) as well as getting surf + access to the second half of the region pretty much.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I also like Tate and Liza cuz they're super cute and are the first gym leaders to have double battles.
I agree, Tate & Liza are adorable. :)

I really liked the idea of having twin Gym Leaders. The Double Battle against them was a nice idea, too. I remember how nervous it made me back when I played Ruby, though, since I was pretty bad at Doubles back then.

Norman is my top pick since he was a big obstacle although his team in RS was lame. He should've used more Normal Pokemon than just Slaking and Vigoroth.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Norman because of the plot importance and the fact he's your dad

Leonhart

Imagineer
Norman is my top pick since he was a big obstacle although his team in RS was lame. He should've used more Normal Pokemon than just Slaking and Vigoroth.

Senri (Norman) got a much more diverse team in Emerald version, which is a good consolation prize. His R/S team was still challenging from my point of view however, so much so that I lost to him in Sapphire version once.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Liza and Tate if we're counting them as a single entity. I could never tell which was which though lol. Liza looked almost exactly like Tate to me in RSE.

Liza and Tate if we're counting them as a single entity. I could never tell which was which though lol. Liza looked almost exactly like Tate to me in RSE.

kids, you can hardly tell them apart when they are so young :D

I'd probably go with the tide and say Norman, as he was the only Gym Leader to actually make me sweat to get a single badge. That Slaking was so frustrating to bring down...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My favourites would be Winona and Juan being a tie. I liked Winona because of her being an Altaria user, with Altaria also being a Dragon type and she looks so graceful. I liked Juan's relaxed look and not going all out to look as charming as Wallace, who I thought was going all over the top.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kids, you can hardly tell them apart when they are so young :D

I'd probably go with the tide and say Norman, as he was the only Gym Leader to actually make me sweat to get a single badge. That Slaking was so frustrating to bring down...

Senri (Norman) should've been the final Houen Gym Leader from my point of view since his relation to our character would've made the Gym match against him more intense if we'd fought him last.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Maybe Brawly.

He's probably my second or third favorite fighting leader overall. I like his 'flow with the water' theme to him in the anime, too. I also remember liking the gym battle with him in the anime a lot as well.

Also he's a cutie :3 Not as much a cutie as korrina is, obviously, but he's still cute. I like his powder blue hair^^

Status
Not open for further replies.