• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Hoenn Pokemon

Cutty

Forever now
I of course lykes Mudkipz n its evos. Poochyena line, Zigzagoon line, Lotad, Ralts line, Shroomish line, Ninjask, Shedinja, Sableye, Mawile, Electrike line, I used to dislike Medicham, Roseria, Gulpin line, Carvanha line, Spinda, Flygon, Cacnea, Seviper, Milotic, Duskull, Chimecho, Absol, Whynaut, Salamence, Metagross, Lati@s, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Jirachi.

tm27crobat

Cave Dweller
I loved Relicanth! I thought modeling it after a coelacanth was an amazing idea, I loved its water/rock dual type, and I loved the whole concept of roaming the seafloor by diving to find new Pokémon! Ah the memories! Relicanth rocks :)

Gillachu

Banned
I have so many Hoenn favorites: Sceptile, Swampert, Delcatty, Sableye, Roselia, Camerupt, Banette, Huntail, Salamence, Metagross and Deoxys. Of these Metagross is my main favorite due to nostalgia.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
My fav 3rd Gen pokemon are mudkip, kyogre, rayquaza, zangoose, jirachi, and latias.

AegisIsKing

Super Nerd
It's hard to decide, because Hoenn Pokemon are either A) pretty cool, or B) really cool. But above all, I'd say Salamence or Altaria, because 1) they're dragons, 2) Salamence looks better than Dragonite (I apologize to any Dnite fans out there...), 3) Altaria is really, really, fluffy, and 4) did I mention they're dragons?

JudySpell

Banned
Hard question but I'll go with Duskull as my avatar shows since that's my current fav. I like Hoenn's Ghost types in general including Banette and Sableye.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I have a bunch of Gen 3 favorites that are mostly due to cuteness. These favorites were chosen before I got to play any Pokemon games.
Jirachi, Azurill, Plusle, Minun, Skitty, Mudkip, Treecko, and Torchic.
Grovyle might count as a favorite since I got kinda obsessed after playing Explorers of Time.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hard question but I'll go with Duskull as my avatar shows since that's my current fav. I like Hoenn's Ghost types in general including Banette and Sableye.

Hoenn did have the coolest ghost pokemon designs I think. The only Hoenn ghost that I don't like much is Shedinja cuz its Wonder Guard ability could be annoying at times. ^^

Bananarama

The light is coming
The only Hoenn ghost that I don't like much is Shedinja cuz its Wonder Guard ability could be annoying at times. ^^

I agree with Wonder Guard being annoying, but I really like Shedinja's design. I like how it's based on the shed skin of a cicada, which kind of explains the Ghost typing, and how it's one of the two Pokemon that evolves (at the same time!) from Nincada.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I have a bunch of Gen 3 favorites that are mostly due to cuteness. These favorites were chosen before I got to play any Pokemon games.
Plusle

This reminds me, I have a soft spot for Plusle. My friend and I used it on her Colosseum a long time ago, and we actually had a lot of success with it. We used it in many battles and got it to level 85 or somewhere around there. I think I have that Plusle on my Ruby or Emerald now.
So, Plusle's a memorable Hoenn Pokemon for me. I also think its cry sounds pretty cute.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Ooh, there are a bunch of great ones in Hoenn. Specifically, Sceptile, Salamance, Masquerain, Rayquaza, Breloom, Aggron, Medicham, Manectric, Sharpedo, Castform, Chimecho, Glalie, and of course, Metagross.
My favorites of those are Masquerain, Sharpedo, and Metagross.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Favorite Hoenn Pokémon... hmm...

Starter: I want to say Mudkip, but I'm sorry - Torchic is superior.
Anyways, I like Beautifly, Delcatty and Skitty, Flygon,Vibrava,Trapinch,
Swablu,Altaria,Bagon,Salamence, Metagross, Raquaza, Latias, Latios, Jirachi, Deoxys.

Flygon is my absolute favorite non-ledgendary Pokémon, follow closely by Skitty and Delcatty.
Latias, Latios, Deoxys, and Jirachi are all amazing too.
Raquaza follows quickly in that area.

Generation 3 was full of good Pokémon. :)

RainDrop205

I have a few favorites- the starters, Breloom, Milotic, Altaria, Jirachi, Aggron, Manectric, and Zangoose.
It's really hard to choose a starter though, but if I had to chose, I'd say Treecko because he was my first starter before the others.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
It's got to be Whiscash. It was pretty bulky - I like high HP Pokemon, and wrecked quite a lot with Water, Ground and Ice moves covered most bases. And just look at its face!! Impossible not to like. I think 'Oblivious' really is the best way to describe Whiscash!

Coming close second is Cradily. My favourite fossil Pokemon. I remember it soaking up a lot of damage. I like its cry too.

I know now Mightyena isn't particularly strong, but I would always have one on my runthroughs. Ever since I had one on my first team, it was just 'tradition' and sos now I have to say Mightyena is a favourite, especially also being my first Shiny!

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Hoenn has a lot of Pokemon I simply love

Milotic - Beautiful and is quite good in competitive. Not as good as it once was, perhaps. But a favourite nevertheless.
Swampert - Awesome. Great design, great type and love it in competitive.
Sceptile - Fantastic design, steers away from a bulky grass type, it's mega made it better IMO and love using it in playthroughs.
Relicanth - Love that we have a prehistoric fish Pokemon. + it's bulky phsically.
Regirock - Where to start? Adore this one. Design wise. Type wise. Ok, not the best in competitive but still a love of mine.
Kyogre - Majestic, strong, great design. You can't fault it.
Salamence - IMO the best Dragon Pseudo. Even before it's mega came out. Best design of any dragon type, great type, so strong and a firm favourite
Flygon - Just epic. Fantastic typing, fantastic design. Great in Gen 4 OU. Not the best competitive, but in the right hands, still a threat :D
I have many more too!

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I love a lot of Hoenn pokemon to many to name. But my top 5 are

Sceptile- I love its design
Flygon- I love the typing of a ground Dragon
Swampert- I love its stats and it only having 1 weakness
Zangoose- I love its design a lot i just find it really cool
Salamence- I love it for the same reasons as Sceptile and Zangoose