• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Hoenn Pokemon

I love sapphire my first Pokemon game now I'm a I veg trainer lol. I love septillion swallow fly hon absol tropius sharpedo salamece mightyena zigzagoon and manectric

Vroomer

So many choices, but here's my list in order of most favorite to least.

Ralts - love my Gardevoirs. Favorite Psychic Pokemon.
Groudon - possibly my favorite legendary from the region
Bagon - to get Salamence. Hey - a cool looking dragon!
Lati@s - the Eon duo. Or as my daughter calls them, the "airplane Pokemon"
Rayquaza - Dragon? Yes please. OP? Sure, I'll take that too. Legendary? Why not.
Milotic - faced my first one in game. Totally going for one for my team.
Jirachi - nifty and cute
Regis - love me some "golems"
Metagross - it's pretty sweet looking.

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
Here are my favorite Hoenn Pokémon:

All the Hoenn starters: I love all the Hoenn starters equally. There isn't one I liked better than the other. They are my favorite starters ever.
Gardevoir: I really liked using Gardevoir, and I like it's elegant design.
Aggron: It looks really cool and it's like a tank
Flygon: As a dragon I really like the design and moves
Milotic: I liked the moves, stats, and Milotic is really beautiful
Absol: It looks awesome, like the moves, and it's mega evolution
Gorebyss: It's just another pretty Pokémon. I'm a sucker for pretty Pokémon
Bagon-Shelgon-Salamence: I love these awesome dragon types especially Salamence. It's powerful and cool and I'm a sucker for pseudo legendaries too.
Metagross: Yet another awesome pseudo legendary that is cool looking and powerful.
Latios-Latias: They are really majestic dragons and I think they are my favorite Pokémon couple. Latias is my favorite because she's pretty.
Kyogre: It's so awesome, it's blue, it's a cool orca, it blows me away, and it's a water type.
Groudon: I also like Groudon, it reminds me of Godzilla in a way.
Rayquaza: This is an awesome dragon, and it looks really cool, it's really powerful, I love it's moveset, and love it's mega evolution.
Jirachi: Another cute legendary I like
Deoxys: I thought Deoxys was a cool alien Pokémon and I like the tentacle arms, and it's forms.

I like the others too but those are my favorites. Hoenn had one of my favorite Pokémon rosters.

Last edited:
My list:

Kecleon because it's kind of rare and unusual.
Sharpedo because I like fast Water types.
Mightyena mostly due to it being a canine.
Milotic because it's beautiful and enchanting.

Aidan25

I always thought Flygon was cool but Rayquaza definitely and Skarmory too. Maybe I'm a Flying pokemon fanatic and I never knew!

Kanto_Caper

Blaziken is far and away my favorite. Great design, great stats, great movepool, great type combination; what's not to like?

I also like Gardivoir and Flygon; again for having great designs and usability in battle (though on their final evolutions).

Same with Sharpedo.

Design-wise Hoenn is the region that has the most Pokemon that I love, but I didn't notice most of them had somewhat lacklustre combat mechanics until I was an adult. As a kid I caught as many as I could, so I was constantly switching between Hoenn Pokemon - usually catching one that helped me through one portion of the game and then getting another for the next portion - but when I grew up, played again, and tried to catch just a few to make up the bulk of my team for most of the game, I found that Pokemon I'd previously loved were a little more frustrating in battle than I remembered. (Looking at you, Absol.) I've heard Mega Evolutions fixed that, but I don't have Gen 5 - 7 games. =/ I guess it's time to start learning how to do Pokemon contests for me.

Blaziken since it was my first starter ever and its design was awesome, i also loved Metagross (i nicknamed it MetaKnight haha) since it was the first steel type i ever used and it was also psychic

Sprinter1988

My personal Top 12 fully evolved Hoenn pokemon:

OK, so I loathe Blaziken with a passion (I know, not many of us around, but I just remember it being a massive disappointment in the actually 3rd Gen Games) and I am pretty indifferent to Swampert, simply because there were so many other water types to choose from in Hoenn.

Sceptile, on the other hand, is a pokemon that won me over almost immediately, and it infuriates me how terribly it gets treated (most of its move set is that of a physical attacker, but its special attack is higher and its mega ability only boosts special attack, its mega form is part Dragon but they only give it Dual Chop by level up rather than Dragon Pulse (hell, Dragonbreath would have been nice!) so a special dragon attack is something you have to jump through hoops to get!)

Swellow always makes its way onto my team somewhere in the Hoenn games and always puts in the work. Gardevoir is always a great catch if you've got the patience to find a Ralts (I am more than a little bit resentful towards Wally for how easily he finds his!) and Manectric is an electric wolf that can also be taught Flamethrower - what's not to love there?

Mightyena is a pokemon that I will always have a soft spot for, no matter how terrible it actually is, Breloom great to have if you don't start with Treecko, Aron can be a b*tch to train but Aggron is worth it, Absol is another pokemon that I love despite it not being too great (and I love the Mega!) Camerupt... is a fire-breathing, sandstorming, earthquake-causing camel - need I explain more?

I must admit that I never really bothered with either Armaldo or Latias until my first play through Alpha Sapphire, but once I did there was no looking back at all!

Last edited:

Kennith

Banned
Swampert, Sceptile, Altaria, Flygon, Salamence, Metagross, Aggron, Sableye and Camerupt are my favorite Hoenn pokemon.

Watty

Since Gen 3 I'm in love with Ralts and his evolutions. So I was happy as it had get an Mega evolutions in Gen 6.
But I don't like the male Version... I' don't know why. And I even loving it that the shiny version of Mega-Gardevoir is black! <3
So my love to this Pokemon is still there and I even will get it in sun and moon! :3

Blaziken - starter, plus fire type (fave type), plus it's a damn man-chicken what's not to love?

Metagross - its a f**king supercomputer. And it's used by one of my favourite characters. Need I say more?

Milotic - Dat beauty, I spent ages on Pokeblocks in ORAS to get my Feebas to evolve, to the length where I was trading Pokemon to ORAS from XY holding blue berries. It's cool, and fabulous, and another of my favourite characters uses it, so yeah.

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
I like Sceptile, Metagross, Deoxys, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias, Groudon and Jirachi.

Izanagi777

My top 5 Hoenn pokemon :

1. Metagross : The pseudo-legend of the hoenn region.. I thought it's pretty unique back then to have a steel/psychic type considering it's great defense stats make Metagross become one of the hardest pokemon to beat.. I also like most of it's moveset especially Meteor Mash

2. Rayquaza : The trio master of Weather Trio (which is one of the best legendary trio in the history of pokemon).. It's moveset is excellent since apparently it capable to learn fire type move which would make a perfect counter for ice-type pokemon.. It's also have one of the best design in the 3rd generation

3. Sceptile : It's speed stats is the best out of the trio and it's my new favorite Hoenn starter (although the reason is because of it's mega evolution which only happen in the Gen VI)..

4. Groudon : One of Weather Trio member which is one of the strongest Ground type pokemon to date.. Have a Drought abilities which allow it to make one of it's move, Solarbeam capable to used every time without needing to charge.. It has one of the best design in the region

5. Kyogre : One of Weather Trio member which also one of the strongest Water type pokemon to date mainly because of it's Drizzle ability.. It has a great moveset and along with Rayquaza and Groudon, it also has one of the best design in the Gen III