• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Hoenn Pokemon

Cat's Eye Draco

I've always liked Absol, mostly for its design and move pool, and Altaria, Mawile, Delcatty, Flygon, Manectric, Seviper, and Swellow for similar reasons. Even if their stats weren't always the greatest, I still couldn't help but like them and use them anyway. :)

Last edited:

thexuberant1

My favorites are Swampert, Swellow, Gardevoir, Altaria, Illumise, Masquerain, Flygon, Mawile, Latias, Metagross, Absol, Chimecho, Grumpig, and Walrein.

Last edited:

Abirama

Gardevoir
Rayquaza
Swampert

All of them have a cool and simple design (especially mega rayquaza), and in my opinion hoenn is the only region that have a cool pokemon design. The other region is just very disappointing like alolan for example.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Hoenn contains one of my most favourite Pokemon of all time, Flygon. Design wise it looks incredible with the red eye-glasses-thingy, wings, colour design and general body shape and fits the desert dragon idea very well. It's pretty powerful with Earthquake and Dragon Claw (at least in later generations, although I'm sure Flygon was decent back in R/S/E) and could use Fly which was useful. Trapinch was a nightmare to train and Vibrava wasn't much better, but once I had Flygon things went much smoother. Definitely one of my favourite Pokemon of Hoenn. Special mentions go to Sceptile, Swampert, Manectric, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Absol, Glalie, Metagross and Sableye.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Flygon and Milotic have been on my favourites for a while now, with Flygon being my favourite of all time. Really love it's design, especially its goggle-things, and even though it is the best in comp., I still love using it. Glad it finally got Dragon Dance in Gen 7.

burninator59

I don't think I've ever played through Ruby without a Blaziken and a Gardevoir on my team.
They've both been two of my favorite lines since the first time I ever played Ruby.

bpt5959

Bpt5959
The Aron family was an awesome addition as well as when I caught my first Trapinch I didn't think nothing of it until one day I decided to level it up to a Flygon! Oh and Breloom and Slaking are right up there too.

Antarctica

Rock/Water
Relicanth. I've used it in the battle frontier, my actual team, competitive battling, etc. it's slept on for sure but can be a helpful asset depending on how you use it. But outside of battling it's my favorite Hoenn Pokémon in general.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Skittyskittyskitty....And Jirachi!
:D

Taillow and Combusken are ALSO awesome! :3 these two are my best team mates on my current emu ruby team, anyways XD

Nebbygetinthebag

Here my of my favorite Hoenn Pokemon
1-Torchic and Blaziken
2-Ralts line
3-Aron line
4-Flygon
5-Sableye
6-Ludicolo
7-The weather trio
8-Mudkip line
9-Latios and Latias
10-Absol
Honorable mention would be: Altaria,Banette,Breloom,Deoxys,Ninjask,Trecko line,Manectric and Milotic.

Last edited:

M.P.

Retired
Metagross and Sceptile are my favorites. Honorable mentions go to Aggron, Seviper, Sharpedo and Camerupt.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Milotic: I liked the moves, stats, and Milotic is really beautiful

I'm likely alone in thinking this, but I've always kind of thought that Milotic's more odd than pretty hee hee. It's too serpentine for conventional beauty in my opinion and it's a pain in the neck to evolve a Feebas into one in RSE. ^^;

Shayuin

Banned
I know that not many fans like Normal-types, but I think Hoenn had some of the best ones like Slaking, Spinda, and Kecleon. They're among my favorite Pokemon in the whole franchise.

I'd go with most of the evolved Dragon-types from Hoenn like Flygon and Salamence for example. I liked how unlike in Kanto and Johto, Dragon-types seemed easy to collect in Hoenn. :D

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd go with most of the evolved Dragon-types from Hoenn like Flygon and Salamence for example. I liked how unlike in Kanto and Johto, Dragon-types seemed easy to collect in Hoenn. :D

I'm a huge Bohmander (Salamence) fan, and I'd even go as far as to call it my all-time favorite Dragon Pokemon. But even so, I thought Houen's Dragon Pokemon were still somewhat tricky to attain, such as Tatsubay (Bagon) which was only found in one cave, and to get a Flygon we needed to evolve a Nuckrar (Trapinch) twice.

Steven of Venus

From Another Planet
Rayquaza, and Milotic, a very beautiful, edgy, resurrected and profound water walking tight ship.

Milotic and Rayquaza both stretch out, go for a very long ways.

I guess Rayquaza seems really extreme, truly a marvel of dimensions and time, going for a very long span, like an arrow of eternity.

Milotic sits in a pool of contemplation, and has a silver like moon reflection.