• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Hoenn Pokemon

Leonhart

Imagineer
Wabblebabble123 said:
Slaking: One of the most OP non legendary pokemon

I've seen many people who've made that claim, yet I personally never understood Kekking's (Slaking's) appeal since Truant seems like a liability.

20LigerZero16

"..........................."
Absolute favorite Hoenn Pokemon: Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys, Jirachi, Latios, The whole Metagross line, Bagon, Salamence, Milotic, Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon, The whole Aggron line, Vigoroth, Breloom, Ralts, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Swampert, Mudkip, Blaziken, Torchic, Sceptile, Grovyle and last but not least, Treecko.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
((JAWS)) said:
Swampert and Metagross for days. Love those two.

I used both of them on my Emerald team mainly for Battle Frontier reasons, although I remember how difficult it was to get my Metagross to fully evolve. That kind of made me bitter towards the species for a while.

Evanibble

Sapphire was my first Pokemon game, and Treecko was my starter, so I have a special place in my heart for that line. Sceptile in general is one of my favorites, from Hoenn and overall. I also love Aggron and Glalie.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I just played through Ruby and I made some new favorites:
-Sceptile: anime is the main reason
- Swellow: always a reliable member who I catch in every play through (also the only Pokémon with this honor)
-Torkoal: I thought it was so cool as a kid since it was the opposite of most tortoises
-Crawdaunt: looks menacing
-Glalie: Anime lol. Great Mega
-Manectric: I love Electric types and dogs.
-Swalot: It did so much work and I regret not using it sooner
-Regice: can't really explain. Just looks cool- pun intended
-Deoxys: first Mythical I care about

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
My favourites are Metagross and Salamence. They are also, along with Charizard, my 3 favourite non-legendary Pokemon in the entire franchise.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Evanibble said:
I also love Aggron and Glalie.

I like the latter, except that getting one is pretty difficult given how late in the R/S/E games its pre-evolved form is found. Plus leveling it up is a pain.

MockingJ

Banned
My favourites are Metagross and Salamence. They are also, along with Charizard, my 3 favourite non-legendary Pokemon in the entire franchise.

Pseudo-legends are so overrated though and I'll always dislike Metagross for how hard it is to get since there's only one Beldum available in RSE unless we breed it, then leveling it up is a chore.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
Pseudo-legends are so overrated though and I'll always dislike Metagross for how hard it is to get since there's only one Beldum available in RSE unless we breed it, then leveling it up is a chore.

I didn't usual mind leveling up Pokemon in R/S/E, but I will admit that getting Metagross was exhausting. So much training was involved since its lower forms need tons of experience.

Yureishi

Sceptile, Blaziken, Ludicolo, Shiftry, Breloom, Slaking, Exploud, Sableye, Mawile, Medicham, Manectric, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Grumpig, Flygon, Cacturne, Cradily, Armaldo, Milotic, Banette, Salamence and Metagross are some of my favourites.