• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Ice Type?

Siddhar

Transcend
I love Weavile and Mamoswine! Also, I made this Ice monotype that has been doing decent enough. Other favourites include Articuno, Ninetales, Regice, Kyurem and of course, the lovely monster: Eiscue! Initially I detested Eiscue, but then it grew on me and now is my favourite Ice Pokemon.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The Ice types I like the most and have used quite a bit are the Vanilite line, Mamoswine, Weavile, Articuno, And Abomasnow. I also like the Snorunt and Amaura lines.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Glalie, Articuno, Dewgong and Lapras.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Alolan Vulpix, Glaceon, Eiscue, and Snom are my picks right now. I have been very pleased with the Ice types in recent generations. There are lots of cuter/prettier Ice types to drown out the uglier ones.

Speaking of Sword and Shield, I'm positively itching to use Frosmoth, granted I'm not keen on its evolution method (I've always found the Friendship mechanic to be really tedious, and it caused major problems when I was trying to get Alolan Raichu) but I love its design and I've heard its a really good special attacker.

Just wait until you put Snom into Pokemon Camp. All will be worth it.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
With they icy season upon us, these are my favorite Ice types.

10. Weavile (This cool looking weasel has always be a Pokemon I enjoyed the look and lore of even if I’ve never been able to use it in a playthrough)
9. Dewgong (It’s a simple design common in gen 1, and this mer-seal pulls it off so well)
8. Lapras (There is just so much nostalgia for this Pokemon that I can’t help but still love it to this day)
7. Froslass (This elegant ghost has an awesome design and lore)
6. Cryogonal (I love this sentiment snowflake, I had a lot of fun using it in gen 5)
5. Glalie (Yes, that’s right....I like this menacing snowball more then the elegant branch evolution. But I can’t help it, it’s so goofy that it’s cute and cool. Plus mega glalie was so fun to use)
4. Vanilluxe (These snow covered icicles are easily my favorite ice type to use. It’s less then stellar reputation only seems to endear me too it more)
3. Glaceon (It’s an eeveelution, however this one is especially loved by me thanks to a momo-ice team I did in Sun&Moon. My Glaceon was the mvp)
2. Alolan Ninetales (My favorite alolan form, and is such a beautiful take on the kyuubi no kitsune. I love both forms of Ninetales)
1. Aurorus (This just hits me in my childhood in all the right ways. Dinosaurs were my passion as a child, and seeing this graceful sauropod made my inner child squeal in delight. Bonus points for using the aurora borealis as part of the design inspiration)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Alita54 said:
Articuno.

Honorary mentions to dewgong and Lapras.

For the longest time Freezer (Articuno) was my favorite Gen I Ice-type, but I grew out of liking it due to a bad experience when I played G/S/C and kept losing to my friend's Freezer in link battles. That's when I started liking Laplace (Lapras) more.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Walrein, Beartic and Alolan Ninetales