• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Johto City?

What is your favorite Johto Town/City from GSC?

• New Bark Town

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Cherrygrove City

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Violet City

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Azalea Town

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Goldenrod CIty

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Ecruteak City

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • Olivine City

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • Cianwood City

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Mahogany Town

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Blackthorn City

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Mahogany Town is my personal favorite.

I loved that it was close to the Lake of Rage, and also loved the ninja lore associated with the town.

I wish there had been more ninja-related stuff in Mahogany Town honestly. I mean for the so-called "Home of the Ninja", it was quite bland and its size was minuscule. :x

Aquarelle

Staff member
I like Mahogany Town mainly because of its location. Don't know why, I've just always liked how it's sort of nestled in between several routes, Lake of Rage, Ice Path, etc.
Also, I really like the green rooves the houses there have in Gen 2. >_> Strange reason, but I just like the colour.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Easily Cianwood City. It's got really calming music, is in a lovely setting, has a pretty cool gym leader and awesome neighbouring routes. An Oceanside city like that is the kind of place I'd love to live.
Oh yeah, I love Cianwood City. It seems like such a peaceful place and I'm fond of island towns. I would like to live there, too.

Also, I've always had a soft spot for Cianwood because it took me so long to get there on my Gold version many years ago. Took me a long time to find the Surf HM. :/

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I had also liked Blackthorn because Clair was its Gym Leader, I loved how it had connections with dragons (Dragon's Den) and my favourite type is the Dragon type. But anyways, I picked Goldenrod.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Olivine is mine. I love how its close to the ocean, and it seems like a place where I'd enjoy living. The lighthouse was fun to explore, too.

Lorde

Easily Cianwood City. It's got really calming music, is in a lovely setting, has a pretty cool gym leader and awesome neighbouring routes. An Oceanside city like that is the kind of place I'd love to live.

Cianwood City was soothing, though it could've used more attractions in G/S/C. I mostly stopped by there when I visited the Whirl Islands and wanted to heal my team. Otherwise, I didn't go there too often. :x

FLAMEBOY

Goldenrod city really did it for me! I remember it feeling so bit when I was younger haha, but Ecruteak city was also pretty cool - the music was quite atmospheric.

Cianwood City because it's close to the Safari Zone.
I loved the Safari Zone in HG/SS. :)

Lorde

Ecruteak. The music, the Eevee form girls, Ghost gym. Legendary beasts are released and Bell Tower!

Ecruteak did seem culturally important to Johto, and I loved the Dance Theater and the Tin Tower as well since I love Japanese themes. The BGM was good too, which added to the city's mystique.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm going with Goldenrod city cuz I like huge modern areas with tons of attractions. Shopping would be my hobby if Goldenrod was a real place. :3

Lorde

I'm going with Goldenrod city cuz I like huge modern areas with tons of attractions. Shopping would be my hobby if Goldenrod was a real place. :3

I liked the whole metropolis vibe in Goldenrod City, especially the Goldenrod Tunnel area which was both cool as a shopping place for rare items and kinda creepy as well.

Caused

I spent the Majority of my time around Goldenrod city as a kid, for three major reasons... Reason #1 was Daycare center and it was a decent area for training lower level Pokemon (try and catch up any late editions to the rest of the parties levels.)

#2 was the number of "Cool" wild Pokemon in the nearby routes (Abra, Ditto, Growlithe and others I can't remember off the top of my head,) and since I found out about a lot of them well after getting the Plain badge, I had to train them in that area (see reason #1)

#3 was the Bug Catching Contest... which mostly played into reason #2, couldn't Pass up Scyther and Pinsir... but by the time I got them they'd be under leveled, and reason #1 reared it's ugly head again.

Lorde

I spent the Majority of my time around Goldenrod city as a kid, for three major reasons... Reason #1 was Daycare center and it was a decent area for training lower level Pokemon (try and catch up any late editions to the rest of the parties levels.)

#2 was the number of "Cool" wild Pokemon in the nearby routes (Abra, Ditto, Growlithe and others I can't remember off the top of my head,) and since I found out about a lot of them well after getting the Plain badge, I had to train them in that area (see reason #1)

#3 was the Bug Catching Contest... which mostly played into reason #2, couldn't Pass up Scyther and Pinsir... but by the time I got them they'd be under leveled, and reason #1 reared it's ugly head again.

I liked the surrounding areas around Goldenrod City as well, especially National Park. I spent so much time just running around that place. Goldenrod just seemed like the most exciting spot in Johto to me.

Dust_monster

Scribbler
Must've spent hours on end exploring Goldenrod in the originals.

But I love Ecruteak, too: the mystique of the place, a Ghost-type Gym, the theater of Eeveelution trainers.

It's a tie for me.

keepitsimple

site of lies
Goldenrod and Ekruteak for being the most relevant to the story, most interesting, and biggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.