1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Johto Location?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by Mega Altaria, Aug 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

Which place(s) in Johto do you like the best? Please explain your choice(s) with a little detail.

2. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Ecruteak has always been my favorite. I like the Burned Tower and the general history of the place. I like Blackthorn for similar reasons, (replacing the Burned Tower with the Dragon's Den, of course), plus I like navigating the Ice Path to get there. xD

I also like Lugia's Cave in the Whirl Islands, especially in SoulSilver.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Kogane (Goldenrod) City was my favorite city since it's a huge metropolis and it's close to the Pokemon Day Care, but the remodeled Dragon's Den in Crystal version was my favorite Jouto location in general.

Denko Sekka likes this.
  4. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

I liked Mt Silver considering how tough the Pokémon were there and that Red could be battled there. It’s as if he’s the Champion of Mt Silver. But I wished we had earlier access there due to the poor level curve in the game.

5. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Hmmm I'm gonna say Mt. Silver because of Red and how the cave had the highest leveled wild Pokemon in Generation 2.

6. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Mt. Silver for its huge size (especially in the remakes), Ice Path because it looks pretty, and Whirl Islands for being a maze, plus Lugia is my favourite Johto legendary.

7. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I disliked climbing to the summit since seeing Red was the only redeeming factor of that adventure, unless I was in need of a Muuma (Misdreavus).

8. Denko Sekka

Denko Sekka Well-Known Member

The Whirl Islands is my fav place too even though it wastes my Max Repels lol. I dunno, I just love mysterious islands I guess.

Leonhart likes this.
  9. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Those four islands were annoying to me when I first played Gold, yet now I kind of like them since I know how to navigate them better these days.

10. Apslup

Apslup Complete Mad-Lad

This is hard to choose since Johto is my favorite region in the whole series (Geographically). Ecruteak City, Olivine City, Goldenrod City, Mt Silver and Blackthorn City are all amazing.
    But I have to go with the Lake of Rage. I just think it's really cool and unloved and I imagined when I was younger that my OC version of Gold would settle down there and train his Pokemon and start a Dojo type place where you can battle him (like the one in Saffron City).
    I also think that the fact that it was supposed to be a complete Town with a Gym and everything in the GSC Beta is really cool.

Leonhart likes this.
  11. Mahogany town. Sure it had some sketchy people living there, but with the lake of rage to the north and possible travels on either side ( ecruteak and blackthorn) made it interesting, it was a small village, but felt very homey.

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I just wish we had met actual ninja there given how the town had supposedly been a famous ninja hideout at one point.

13. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

My issue with it is that it's essentially a smaller version of the Bell Tower from Enju (Ecruteak) City. There's hardly any point to it.

14. Evanibble

Evanibble Well-Known Member

I'm a history buff, so I always appreciated Ecruteak City and the detail they put into giving it more in-depth history than they normally do for cities in the Pokemon world. It gave the city--and the region, really--more life in my opinion.