• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Johto Location?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Which place(s) in Johto do you like the best? Please explain your choice(s) with a little detail.

Cat's Eye Draco

Ecruteak has always been my favorite. I like the Burned Tower and the general history of the place. I like Blackthorn for similar reasons, (replacing the Burned Tower with the Dragon's Den, of course), plus I like navigating the Ice Path to get there. xD

I also like Lugia's Cave in the Whirl Islands, especially in SoulSilver.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kogane (Goldenrod) City was my favorite city since it's a huge metropolis and it's close to the Pokemon Day Care, but the remodeled Dragon's Den in Crystal version was my favorite Jouto location in general.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I liked Mt Silver considering how tough the Pokémon were there and that Red could be battled there. It’s as if he’s the Champion of Mt Silver. But I wished we had earlier access there due to the poor level curve in the game.

Daizy

I call you honey
Hmmm I'm gonna say Mt. Silver because of Red and how the cave had the highest leveled wild Pokemon in Generation 2.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Mt. Silver for its huge size (especially in the remakes), Ice Path because it looks pretty, and Whirl Islands for being a maze, plus Lugia is my favourite Johto legendary.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Hmmm I'm gonna say Mt. Silver because of Red and how the cave had the highest leveled wild Pokemon in Generation 2.

I disliked climbing to the summit since seeing Red was the only redeeming factor of that adventure, unless I was in need of a Muuma (Misdreavus).

Denko Sekka

Mt. Silver for its huge size (especially in the remakes), Ice Path because it looks pretty, and Whirl Islands for being a maze, plus Lugia is my favourite Johto legendary.

The Whirl Islands is my fav place too even though it wastes my Max Repels lol. I dunno, I just love mysterious islands I guess.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Denko Sekka said:
The Whirl Islands is my fav place too even though it wastes my Max Repels lol. I dunno, I just love mysterious islands I guess.

Those four islands were annoying to me when I first played Gold, yet now I kind of like them since I know how to navigate them better these days.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
This is hard to choose since Johto is my favorite region in the whole series (Geographically). Ecruteak City, Olivine City, Goldenrod City, Mt Silver and Blackthorn City are all amazing.
But I have to go with the Lake of Rage. I just think it's really cool and unloved and I imagined when I was younger that my OC version of Gold would settle down there and train his Pokemon and start a Dojo type place where you can battle him (like the one in Saffron City).
I also think that the fact that it was supposed to be a complete Town with a Gym and everything in the GSC Beta is really cool.

Mahogany town. Sure it had some sketchy people living there, but with the lake of rage to the north and possible travels on either side ( ecruteak and blackthorn) made it interesting, it was a small village, but felt very homey.

Leonhart

Imagineer
masterreloaded said:
Mahogany town. Sure it had some sketchy people living there, but with the lake of rage to the north and possible travels on either side ( ecruteak and blackthorn) made it interesting, it was a small village, but felt very homey.

I just wish we had met actual ninja there given how the town had supposedly been a famous ninja hideout at one point.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yarghows said:
Sprout Tower: cool, genuinely interesting, mysterious and I like Bellsprout.

My issue with it is that it's essentially a smaller version of the Bell Tower from Enju (Ecruteak) City. There's hardly any point to it.

Evanibble

I'm a history buff, so I always appreciated Ecruteak City and the detail they put into giving it more in-depth history than they normally do for cities in the Pokemon world. It gave the city--and the region, really--more life in my opinion.