• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Johto Pokémon

Watty

My favourite gen 2 Pokemon is Cyndaquil, I always chose it at the start, and I never want to miss it at my team. Next time I restart in Heart Gold and I can't wait too take it again. I love that artwork with flames... but without.... >_<
But I've never bred a shiny Cyndaquil... I think this should be my next project. *-*

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
So many great designs in Gen 2. My favorites though have to be Teddiursa, Mareep, Flaaffy, and Misdreavus. Coincidentally none of their finals amaze me but Ursaring's the only one I truly don't care for.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My favorites are the Baby Pokémon, Hitmontop, Lugia, Ho-oh, Hoothoot, Ledyba, Bellossom, Tyranitar, Kingdra, Delibird, Mantine, Gilgar, Skarmory, Scizor, Heracross, and Misdreavus.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
The Johto region has some of my favorite designs for pokemon. Ampharos and Scizor are up top of course, but typhlosion and slowking are pretty awesome too.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Bellossom, Blissey, Flaaffy, Espeon, Umbreon, Teddiursa, Suicune, Celebi, Kingdra, Crobat, Misdrevous and the list goes on. It's got my favourite pokemon in it.

Izanagi777

Like the Gen I ones, I would put my top 5 which would be something like this :

1. Tyranitar : Johto Region Pseudo-legend and the best offensive pokemon in this region, save for some legendary.. It's design is the best in the Gen II, not to mention dark type is pretty rare back then which would make a positive addition for it..

2. Kingdra : The only Dragon type in the region which also pretty unique by itself, given that it's half water type which means it doesn't have ice-type weakness that most dragon type have.. It's stats is also perfectly balanced which made it pretty easy to use..

3. Typhlosion : My favorite starter of Johto Region mainly because of its speed and Sp.Attack stats which would make a great combination of my in-game tactic..

4. Espeon : Basically the same reason with Typhlosion, only this time Espeon is actually has a really high speed and Sp.Attack although the drawback is it's defense become pretty low.. Aside from that, it's also one of my favorite Eeveelution because it's type..

5. Noctowl : The "regional bird" of Johto region.. It's an unique normal/flying pokemon that capable to learn psychic type ability such as confusion and extrasensory which would make it become a perfect counter for most Ghost type pokemon at that time (considering Gastly evolution line is partly poison type)

NPT

Just a member
My favorites are the starter Pokémon, Houndoom, Lugia, Ho-oh, Noctowl, Entei, Gilgar, Skarmory, Bellossom, Tyranitar, Crobat, Kingdra, Sudowoodo, Girafarig, Donphan, Scizor, Heracross, Misdreavus and Xatu.

TypicalGen1ur

Despite being a Genwunner I loved playing through the gen 2 games. So here are my top 10 Johto Pokemon:

10. Marill
9. Steelix
8. Tyranitar
7. Scizor
6. Crobat
5. Feraligator
4. Donphan
3. Slowking
2. Togepi
1. Ho-oh

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lugia is my eternal favorite ever since Pokemon 2000 came out. I like it's whole design: I just wish it had been part Water-type.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I've been a fan of Skiploom ever since I saw it in an old anime episode. I don't know why... it just looked so cute to me and I didn't know how to get one(didn't know it was Hoppip's evolution), so it felt that much more special to me. It just stuck with me. Too bad it sucks. :<

Alloutℯ

Banned
I'd go with Feraligatr because it was my Starter on Gold and was super reliable. Shout out to Scizor, Togetic, Sneasel, Ursaring, and Heracross as well.

PsychoBoost

Carbon Dioxide
I'd usually say Tyranitar, but I'm kindaa being won over to really like the Unown as well. A person on another forum I lurk on said this:

The Unown are also strange for another reason: from the Ruins onwards, the Gym Leaders increasingly start taking on the traits of the Unown - they continually seem to use the same attack, but with incrementing damage if it hits and a weak base level of damage.

I think it's really cool when Pokemon fit into the game design like that. So Unown are seeming like a hidden gem right now!

Obviously I also like Feraligatr, but I still prefer Tyranitar. They can be similar though.