1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Johto Pokémon

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by TheJLeeTeam, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

Same here. I always liked Celebi for its elusiveness, and I also didn't manage to get a Celebi via any of the Gen II Celebi distributions. I didn't even know about the GS Ball event until a few years ago.

2. oshawott7

oshawott7 cat burgler

1. Cyndaquil line.
    I have no logical explanation for this other than I find them adorable and I love their simple designs. I also have a shiny female Typhlosion that I love very much <3

2. Ho-Oh
    Ho-Oh has a lot of meaning to me, if I ever get a tattoo it would be of Ho-Oh. Pokemon Gold is very special to me and I've made some of my most precious memories with it. Ho-Oh simbolizes hope and starting my life over from the beginning.

3. Espeon
    After Zapdos, my favorite Pokemon to use in Gold was Espeon. I would take on Red and the league over and over again with the two of them lol

4. Wooper
    It's..cute? Yes.

My other favorite would be Octillery, Houndoom, Swinub and Jumpluff. Most of them are for looks, Houndoom is because it looks like my dog haha

3. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

In no particular order:

Bayleef
    Noctowl
    Ledian
    Togetic
    Wooper
    Umbreon
    Lugia

Used to love Totodile (my first Johto starter) and Murkrow back in the day, but as time went on, their appeal started to decrease.

Leonhart likes this.
  4. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Strange yet lovable corni fangirl~:3

Meganium/Pichu :D

5. Sodapop

Sodapop Queen of Violet

Typhlosion
    Bayleef
    Totodile
    Crobat
    Aipom
    Teddiursa
    Donphan
    Octillary
    Tyranitar
    the 3 dogs

6. Erron Black

Erron Black Sticky Situation

Top 10 for me would be:

1) Donphan
    2) Lanturn
    3) Girafarig
    4) Meganium
    5) Smeargle
    6) Granbull
    7) Raikou
    8) Typhlosion
    9) Houndoom
    10) Tyranitar

7. Minedreigon

Minedreigon Prisoner to Formulae

The Johto Pokémon are in my opinion mostly a step up from the generation previous (except maybe for the starters) but I must say that my favourites are Heracross and Yanma. I do like a good amount of Johto Pokémon though.

Growing up I always had a massive obsession with bugs, and these two definitely help me relive that childhood obsession. Yanma for dragonflies and Heracross for stag beetles. I still love to look for these critters out and about to this day so these Pokémon really connect with me.

8. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Suicune. One of my all time favorite Legendaries.

Celebi, same here and it's pretty cute.

Umbreon, one of my favorite Eeveelutions and is pretty strong.

Sneasel. Just thought it was pretty kick butt and has a decent move set.

Totodile. Pretty neat and I just loved it's alligator/crocodile look.

Feraligatr. Same here and it has a very nice move set.

Ariados. One of my favorite Bug type Pokemon, that has a pretty decent move set.

Espeon. Love this Eeveelution. Has a good move set.

Scizor. One kick butt Pokemon and one of my favorites. Both move set wise and style wise.

9. Sprinter1988

Sprinter1988 Well-Known Member

Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Espeon, Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Ampharos, Donphan, Crobat

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I still like Yamikarasu (Murkrow) myself, although I was slightly peeved back in the old days of Gen II because of the fact that we couldn't capture the species in G/S/C until reaching Kanto.

11. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

Don't get me wrong, I still like both. More than most, anyway. They simply ceased to be among my favourites.

And yes, never understood the logic of putting Pokémon from Johto in Kanto. For example, why not put Houndour instead of Growlithe/Vulpix? They are virtually equivalent. Heck, they even put more Growlithe in Johto when Crystal was released.