• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Kanto Town/City

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Out of the Kanto region's many towns and cities, which were your favorites? Please explain your answers in detail.

My favorite locale was Viridian City since it had Kanto's final Gym and the capture tutorial guy who was knocked out and blocking the road lol.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
My vote goes to Lavender town cuz it had the most disturbing atmosphere out of all the R/B/Y places, which I liked. I also really liked Celadon city cuz of its Game Corner and the department store as well, which sold rare items like evolution stones.

Cat's Eye Draco

I probably liked Cinnabar Island the most because it had the Pokemon Mansion and the Lab, and I liked doing the quiz machines in Blaine's gym. I also thought it was cool how it'd been built right next to a volcano. (Not overly bright, perhaps, but cool). :cool:

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I've always liked Vermilion City. I just like how it's by the sea and has a nice pier - reminds me of my area in real life. The music there is nice, too.

Celadon's another city I really like, mostly because I think it looks pretty.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I'll go with Cinnabar Island because of its isolated location and because I like Pokemon Mansion, even if it is a creepy location.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yamabuki (Saffron) City is my favorite Kanto city, mainly due to it being based on Tokyo's commercial district. I liked the Silph Company headquarters located there, too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pallet of course it gives a good feel of beginning °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

Masara Town (Pallet) is definitely underrated by most fans. While I don't consider that location as my favorite, I do at least feel that it's incredibly nostalgic. It only had three buildings, but I think that its calm and unassuming atmosphere is what made Masara Town so quaint.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Poor Cinnabar Island always gets ignored. I loved it for its small size and for the mansion on the island where Mewtwo was made.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Pallet Town is my favorite, since I like the small-town atmosphere and music. It reminds me of my home town.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Poor Cinnabar Island always gets ignored. I loved it for its small size and for the mansion on the island where Mewtwo was made.
Cinnabar Island's another favourite of mine. The fact that it's an island just made it seem cooler than the mainland towns to me.
Plus, it has nice music and some interesting places to visit (lab, mansion).

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was always partial to Lavender Town because of the strange rumors surrounding it. I remember being weirded out by the music as a kid because I had heard about strange things happening. For example: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Lavender_Town_Syndrome

Shion (Lavender) Town's music always made me feel uneasy. Speaking of which, I noticed that in HG/SS, Shion Town's buildings have their lights on even after midnight, which is odd since other places don't have them on at that time.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Cerulean City followed closely by Saffron City and Cinnabar Island. Mainly because of its simplicity, the fact that its next to Mewtwo and imo it leads ups to one of the best Pokemon routes of all time past Nugget Bridge. I guess also the fact that Misty from the anime is the leader makes it even more nostalgic and iconic.

AuroraBeam

Probably Celadon City. It's theme is the first city song that comes to mind when I think of gen 1. Plus it's so large and different from everything you see before it. I have fond memories of first exploring it when I first played Blue.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I liked Saffron City because of its urban setting as a result of being based off the Tokyo CBD, its Gym Leader being Psychic type user, some of which are overpowered in the RBY games and because it has Silph Co. I've also grown to like Celadon City because of the Department Store that it has and that you can get Eevee in the house at the top floor of Celadon Mansion.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Cerulean City followed closely by Saffron City and Cinnabar Island. Mainly because of its simplicity, the fact that its next to Mewtwo and imo it leads ups to one of the best Pokemon routes of all time past Nugget Bridge. I guess also the fact that Misty from the anime is the leader makes it even more nostalgic and iconic.

Hanada City (Cerulean) is definitely underrated, although my one pet peeve about it in R/G/B/Y are those annoying little trees to the south of town that require Cut to remove.

Daizy

I call you honey
Probably Celadon City. It's theme is the first city song that comes to mind when I think of gen 1. Plus it's so large and different from everything you see before it. I have fond memories of first exploring it when I first played Blue.

Same here, plus it's Misty's hometown and Mewtwo's lair is nearby which makes Cerulean City seem so special. I also love Vermilion City for its harbor.