• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Lakes

Favorite Lakes

• Lake Verity

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Lake Valor

• Lake Acuity

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Sendoff Springs

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So as weird as this seems, out of all the locations I'm looking most forward to being remade in possible Diamond & Pearl remakes is none other than the three Lakes where Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit live because can you imagine these crystal-clear lakes remade into HD! I wouldn't even mind if it was remade using SwSh graphics as long as they don't follow too closely to the older 2D style. Surprisingly lakes are an environment that GameFreak hasn't really done a lot. Weird, don't you think? Anyways, what's your favorite lake!

FczeSoQ.png
1nEzyRg.png

Lake Verity

You got the very first lake that you encounter, Lake Verity which is home to Mesprit but is also the site where you meet your very first Pokemon alongside your rival Barry after you two come here hoping to find a Red Gyarados.

apYtQpC.png
61o0Gwn.png

Lake Valor

You have Lake Valor where Azelf resides and where Team Galactic unleashes their Galactic Bomb leaving behind dozens of flopping Magikarps blocking your path.

zcd6FhE.png
HUDjDN6.png

Lake Acuity

Finally you got Lake Acuity, the residence of Uxie, which stands out with it's unique snowy setting alone.

mM2gRoL.png
HfrD1EA.png

Sendoff Springs

And of course you got the beautiful flower-filled... wait a minute. Hahaha. Giratina. Your not a Lake Guardian! Anyways, you got Sendoff Springs which is referred to as the 4th secret lake of Sinnoh as it's not shown on the Town Map even when you visit it and is noted for being isolated high on a small mountain somewhere surrounded by flowers and for some very odd, if not spooky, reason, has a man-made pier too. Don't be fooled by it's appearance as it's said that it is here where the deceased start their journey to the afterlife.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
Lake Acuity because of all the snow. It's also the hardest lake to get to in Platinum version and I liked that Rock Climb was needed to access it since it made Rock Climb more relevant.

I actually disliked the fact that Rock Climb was needed to reach that lake in Platinum version. It was bad enough that we had to cross the snowy area near Kissaki (Snowpoint) City just to get there already in Diamond and Pearl, but needing an HM slave in Platinum to access the lake felt even more frustrating to me. I did like the snowy landscape at the lake itself, though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I would say Lake Valor because Azelf is my favourite of the Lake Trio. And also because it is set during an important part of Team Galactic's plot in the games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mega Altaria said:
I would say Lake Valor because Azelf is my favourite of the Lake Trio. And also because it is set during an important part of Team Galactic's plot in the games.

I think it was probably the most dynamic lake in the Gen IV games in the sense that it got an extreme makeover during the Ginga-dan bomb attack, but I have to admit that other than that, it's not exactly a memorable place to me and I hardly ever go there when I play D/P/Pt.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lunalah said:
I like Sendoff Spring because it was Sinnoh's ~secret~ lake and the spooky vibe of that place was more enjoyable than the other mundane lakes.

The main thing that I like about Sendoff Spring is that it's the entrance to the place where Giratina resides, but the lake itself is puny compared to the other Shinou lakes and it requires Rock Climb to access, which is irritating.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Lake Acuity is my favorite Sinnoh lake due to the snow and also a lot of Pokemon that I liked were found there. My second favorite lake is Lake Verity because it's the first lake we encounter, so there's a nostalgic feeling about that place.

TwilightBlade

I think I like Lake Verity the most out of the four lakes because it was the easiest one to get to and because of the beginning of the Diamond and Pearl games when the rival wanted us to explore it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
I think I like Lake Verity the most out of the four lakes because it was the easiest one to get to and because of the beginning of the Diamond and Pearl games when the rival wanted us to explore it.

I liked the Red Gyarados fake-out involving the first Shinou lake. It was a nice callback to G/S/C and the Lake of Rage subplot, while also being a good reason for us to visit the lake in the first place.