• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite/Least Favorite starters of each type

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiraCool

Not A Bot
Title says it all. Mine would be:

Favorites:

fire: Torchic(fun fact; blaziken and excadrill are the only non legendary Ubers. Garchomp has been bumped down to OU.)
Water: Mudkip(not only did i hear you liek them, but swampert has the highest base stat total of all starters)
Grass:Gotta love that treecko, who was hell to beat when i picked mudkip in emerald

what are yours?

Last edited:

CGS

Shadow Lucario
Favorite: Charmander reason is it was first pokemon to use in the original games.

Least: Turtwig, Don't like the design and after evolving into its final form its slow.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Favorite:
Fire: Torchic (How could you NOT like that d'aww of total awesomeness?)
Water: Piplup (I need not explain)
Grass: Chikorita/Snivy (Choices choices... Cute or Cool...)

Least Favorite:
Fire: Chimchar/Tepig (Let's get this straight. They're not my least favorite. I absolutely hate these horrid excuses of Pokémon and I literally wish they never existed.)
Water: None.
Grass: Again none. Maybe Treecko, although I still really like the guy.

TheSimplePickle

Skyla Lover
Fav. Fire: Torchic
Least Fire: Tepig, disappointment to fire starters.

Fav. Water: Oshawott, for sure
Least Water: Mudkip. No, I hayt mudkipz

Fav. Grass: Snivy/Treeko
Least Grass: Bulbasaur, cute but no idea what it is e.e

Swagsire

Favorites
Fire:Cyndaquil
Water:Mudkip
Grass:Bulbasaur
Dislikes
Fire:Chimchar
Water:Oshawott
Grass:Chikorita....always Chikorita Qwaa ;195;

⊙ᴗ⊙
Fire
Favorite: Chimchar. I don't need to explain this at all. I've expressed my adoration for the Chimchar line enough already.
Least: Tepig. It's cool his line is based on Zhu Bajie, but his evolutions are so.... eugh.

Water
Favorite: Oshawott. Oshawotts cute. Dewott is pretty rad. And Samurott is a pretty badass samurai otter/seal thing.
Least: Totodile. I kind of 'meh' about most water starters in general, and Totodiles pretty much the bottom rung of the "meh" ladder.

Grass
Favorite: Treecko. I love Sceptile's design. His leafy blade things on his arms are cool.
Least: Chikorita. I really like all the grass starters, however, this is just a case of "weakest link".

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Favorites:
Fire: it's really close, but when it comes to the basic forms first I like Charmander and Torchic the most. Cyndaquil and Chimchar are really close seconds
Water: Mudkip, w/o a doubt. I do like all the other water types though
Grass: Chikorita and Bulbasaur. I just really enjoy them. If we are including 6 gen, then I will also say Chespin as well as Fennekin in the previous fire category too.

Least Favorite:
Fire: Tepig. I think it's cute, but everything else about it isn't.
Water: if I have to say one, then Froakie, but I haven't really used him yet, so I can't really justify that now can I?
Grass: Treeko and Turtwig. Idk they just never did anything for me. They r both good, but I never really cared for their designs

ohjeezitskim

Favorite
Fire- Cyndaquil
Water- Totodile
Grass- Snivy or Treecko

Least Favorite:
Fire- Chimchar / least favorite starter/evo line overall.
Water- Errr, I don't really dislike any of them.. I like all the starters. But the evos I dislike belong to Mudkip and Oshawott. I love them, but not the evolutionary line
Grass- Chikorita or Bulbasaur :c

Trainer10913

The Ninja
Favs

Fire - Tepig actually. FIRE + PIG = AWESOMENESS. I also really like Bacon.
Water - Gotta be Mudkips, I leik them
Grass - Hmmm, maybe Treecko, or . . . yeah Treecko. Geckos are awesome

Hates

Fire - Torchic, not becuase it's not cute but because people keep spamming Speed Boost Blazikens. And I can't get one :(
Water - Perhaps Piplup. Its evos are EPIC, but Piplup doesn't quite live up to what I'd hoped.
Grass - Bulbasaur. I'm one of those guys who likes competitive battling but can't get those elusive Dream World Pokemon. If it came out for Bulbasaur, it'd be my fav Grass type.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Fire types
Favorite : Torchic.
Least favorite : Chimchar.

Grass types
Favorite : Chikorita
Least favorite : Bulbasaur

Water types
Favorite : Piplup
Least favorite : Mudkip

Last edited:

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Hmm, interesting topic.

Favourite Grass: Snivy, even though I've never used it. I like its unique stat combination and of course Serperior's appearance. Chikorita's a close second.
Least Favourite Grass: Turtwig. Booooring. I just never found it that useful on my team.
Favourite Fire: A tie between Charmander and Fennekin, because Charizard and psychic foxes FTW.
Least favourite Fire: Tepig. Another Fire/Fighting starter? Seriously?
Favourite Water: Oshawott and Piplup. Oshawott and evos look really cool, and so does Empoleon. Empoleon also has unique typing.
Least favourite Water: Totodile. I was never really a gator person, and I don't really care much for its evolved forms.

By the way, shouldn't this be in Pokepolls? And JiraCool, next time edit your posts rather than triple-posting to fix your mistakes.

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
Favourites

Fire: Charmander (Torchic is a very close second)
Water: Squirtle
Grass: Treecko

Least Favourites

Fire: Chimchar. Very boring and overrated. I think it and it's evos are just an incredibly lame rehash of the Torchic line.
Water: Oshawott. Again very overrated, it's design just bores me - I prefer the others a LOT more.
Grass: Chikorita. It is just meh to me, I don't hate it, but I like every other one a lot more.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Favorites:
Fire: Charmander
Water: Oshawott
Grass: Turtwig

Least Favorites:
Fire: Tepig
Water: Totodile
Grass: Snivy

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Favourite -
Water: Piplup

Least Favourite -
Grass: Chikorita
Water: Maybe Mudkip

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Grass
Favourite: Treecko. Even though I do not technically own a third gen game, I always assumed I work best with all out offence staters. Although Turtwig was a close second for reasons entirely different.
Least: Chikorita. Not because its movepool is bad, it's just I have never used it yet. So I haven't adapted to an apparant Status-orientated strategy.

Fire
Favourite: Chimchar. For one reason or another, I am always finding myself restarting Platinum with Chimmy and teaching him Thunderpunch one I obtain enough respective Shards and Stone Edge in Victory Road. After this he dominated!
Least: Tepig. Hopping on the "3 Fire/Fighting starters in a row!" bandwagon here. But at the end of the day, I always found Blaziken and Infernape to be ultimately superior.

Water
Favourite: Totodile. Oh boy, this guy soloed many, MANY challenges in my recent Heart Gold play, including but not restricted to Wil and Koga during the first Elite Four challenge, and Lance.
Least: It is hard to fault any of 'em, especially if I never owned a particular generation.

Charze

Always flyin'
Favorites:

Grass: Chikorita

Least: (even though I like all of the starters)

Fire: Chimchar
Water: Piplup

Not to throw Sinnoh under the bus, but those particular starters I didn't like as much as the others.

whowantshoney

Melancholic Trainer
Faves:
Fire: Cyndaquil/Torchic( so OP :p )
Water: Squirtle
Grass: Sceptile

Least:

Status
Not open for further replies.