• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite/Least Favorite Video Game Controllers

Chris

Old Coot
Ctr + F "Saturn"
Phrase not found

Babies, the lot of you. Especially those of you saying Dual Shock 3 and not Dual Shock 2. The L2 and R3 are awkward as all hell and were better suited as buttons like on the DS2, which was just the Dual Shock in black.

And really, there's nothing wrong with the N64 controller EXCEPT for it breaking down over time. Otherwise, it's rather comfortable as hell to hold and use. 360 and GameCube controllers get minus points for have terrible D-Pads. In fact, so does the Dual Shock. Good luck not getting blisters playing 2D fighters with that.

Also rather surprised no one mentioned the Classic Controller Plus.

Kinect by far.
You trying to be funny, boy?

Rezzo

Occasionally
Babies, the lot of you. Especially those of you saying Dual Shock 3 and not Dual Shock 2. The L2 and R3 are awkward as all hell and were better suited as buttons like on the DS2, which was just the Dual Shock in black.

The L2/R2 buttons are useful for racing games compared to the old Dualshocks. Other than that I have to agree.

Last edited:

Cablez

swaggot
Xbox 360 controller is very comfortable. It's designed for people with hands. The Playstation controllers always feel uncomfortable in my hands but it's nowhere as terrible as the N64 controller

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
My favorite would either be N64 or Gamecube. I think they were both easy to get used to, simple, and comfortable. Yeah there were a lot of C buttons, but there were hardly games that needed you to be jumping around and pressing all of the available buttons at once.

I don't really have a least favorite, but it would probably be the Wiimote. I'm used to it now, but it sure took a while to do the hand/eye coordination when the B button is on a different object altogether than the A button. It was difficult jumping into SSBB because of that. Everything else is easy to get used to, so I guess that would be my least favorite.

Chris

Old Coot
Xbox 360 controller is very comfortable. It's designed for people with hands. The Playstation controllers always feel uncomfortable in my hands but it's nowhere as terrible as the N64 controller
Unless you're playing Kinect games, virtually EVERY controller out their is meant for people with hands.

And do tell how the N64 controller was "horrible." I see a lot of complaints towards it, yet none of you can seem to actually state why.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Also rather surprised no one mentioned the Classic Controller Plus.

I friggin love the CC Pro. It's light for its size, and yet contours perfectly to my hands. The buttons feel slightly loose, but I'm never afraid that they'll pop off, unlike my PSP's. It's perrrrrfect~

I like the Wiimote/nunchuck, too. Not being confined to certain arm/hand positions is pretty boss. And the Wiimote alone works surprisingly well sideways, to say nothing of the motion controls.

My least favorite controller? The 360's. Ugh, so uncomfortable to hold. And that's WITH my giant-*** gorilla hands.

Ctr + F "Saturn"
Phrase not found

The Saturn controller DOES suck, now that I think back on it. wtf was up with those nasty buttons?

Last edited:

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Xbox 360 controller is very comfortable. It's designed for people with hands.

Lol.

I hate all motion controllers. The whole point of video games (at least in my opinion) is to sit around with little or no physical activity while playing the game.

Todoserugi

Never Forget
Unless you're playing Kinect games, virtually EVERY controller out their is meant for people with hands.

And do tell how the N64 controller was "horrible." I see a lot of complaints towards it, yet none of you can seem to actually state why.

you can't use all the buttons with any 1 grip. you have to change your grip to use the d buttons

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
My favorite would be the Classic Controller. Less favorite would be...can I say the Wii Wheel?

Kinect by far.

Does that mean you don't like yourself? You're the controller as they say.

Xbox 360 controller is very comfortable. It's designed for people with hands.

What? Rats, I've been using my feet all this time! (I'm SO siging that.)

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
The Saturn controller DOES suck, now that I think back on it. wtf was up with those nasty buttons?
[img139]http://www.cordolio.com/images/SegaSaturnControllerS.jpg[/img139]
What the HELL are you talking about?

you can't use all the buttons with any 1 grip. you have to change your grip to use the d buttons
Almost every N64 game went with this position:
[IMG139]http://i52.*******.com/2exq24i.jpg[/IMG139]
Very few, if any, made use of every single button on the controller. In fact, if a game used an analog stick, it didn't make use of the D-Pad.

Larry

My favorite is the 360 because I'm so used to it.
I hate the Wii controller especially for CoD.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Very few, if any, made use of every single button on the controller. In fact, if a game used an analog stick, it didn't make use of the D-Pad.

That looks very awkward to me. I would hold the controller on the side handle and use my left thumb to move the analog stick and press the start button. My right hand would press A,B, all the Cs, and the Z button.

Thats why I think the N64 controller was annoying for me.

Chris

Old Coot
My right hand would press A,B, all the Cs, and the Z button.

Thats why I think the N64 controller was annoying for me.
That's more on your end. The hell you doing not using your left index finger for the Z button?

Probally this

[IMG139]http://i51.*******.com/343kspx.jpg[/IMG139]

I've also seen people use the N64 controller by use both ends and streching the thumb to the analog. =/
Fair enough, seeing as how I do agree the Saturn 3D controller was awkward to use. The analog nub was hella slippery and the controller was too bulky overall.

As for that method of holding the N64 controller...what the hell?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
That guy from the "Classic Video Game Room" or w/e uses it like that lol. I gotta try it one of these days, but I'd rather not cramp my hand.

EDIT:

This is the worst controller

[IMG139]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/BillieJean17/glove.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited: