• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Magical Girl Anime?

Favorite Magical Girl Anime?

• Sailor Moon

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Card Captor Sakura

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Pretty Cure

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Tokyo Mew Mew

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Lyrical Nanoha

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Pretty Sammy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ojamajo Doremi

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 31 41.9%

• Total voters

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Haha Nice.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
oh yeah, I just remembered the Twin Angel OVA. Not my favorite, but I gotta say it's worth a watch if only for how awesome the villain is. He's one of those "I won't kill you, just utterly crush your spirits" types, and he does it well.

RLinksoul

I found episode 14 to be quite touching..let me know what you think of it.
Eh. It was emotional, but I was mostly concerned with the severe lack of Tsubomi and Erika. I mean aside from the fight, Tsubomi and Erika are onscreen a for like... five minutes.

Right now I'm on episode 20. The plot related episodes are getting good, but the victim of the week filler's getting tiresome enough that I might end up skipping those episodes.

Speaking of which, if I ever decide to watch Sailor Moon again, I'll probably end up using this guide.

oh yeah, I just remembered the Twin Angel OVA. Not my favorite, but I gotta say it's worth a watch if only for how awesome the villain is. He's one of those "I won't kill you, just utterly crush your spirits" types, and he does it well.

Gonna have to check that one out. It's a shame the TV series doesn't look nearly as good.

Last edited:

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
Eh. It was emotional, but I was mostly concerned with the severe lack of Tsubomi and Erika. I mean aside from the fight, Tsubomi and Erika are onscreen a for like... five minutes.

Right now I'm on episode 20. The plot related episodes are getting good, but the victim of the week filler's getting tiresome enough that I might end up skipping those episodes.

Speaking of which, if I ever decide to watch Sailor Moon again, I'll probably end up using this guide.

I liked the lack of Erica and Tsubomi in that episode...it allowed you to make a bit more of a connection with the character so that it wasn't like the normal VOTW where you only see them have a fight and that's about it.

You can deffo skip some of the filler episodes. Some of the filler episodes are nice in that they are funny or a little bit emotional but you can deffo skip most of them. You are coming up to the Sunshine arc now...which lasts till about episode 25/26

You can skip again a few till about 31 (which is the start of the Moonlight Arc)

ladendar

Little munchkinz
When I was small, around age nine to twelve, I use to watch every single episodes. But now I don't really like it anymore. I use to enjoy watching Jetite fail at getting what Queen whatsoever asked. Its so pathedic though, the same similar things would happen. Bad guys swoop in, and here comes a chick who changes her outfit by magic with a tiara as a boomerang...

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
I bought some magical girl stuff on holidays recently. A Teana figure, a little Nanoha, Fate and Shiny Luminous. You can see it with a few of my other things here

I also got a big Sailor Moon poster

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Gonna have to check that one out. It's a shame the TV series doesn't look nearly as good.

I have yet to watch the recent TV series, but...

I thought JC Staff couldn’t get lower than Hiden no Aria. I was wrong.

[shudders]... had to compare it to that trash. I'm hoping that blog's just exaggerating (after all, the writer does try to use long-standing tropes like unmasked magical girls and the hang-glider thing as points against this show), but looking at those screenshots tells me it's not the case.

pampam88

Pokenerd/Animenerd=D
Magical Do-Re-Mi ^_^

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
sailor moon is a classic
tokyo mew mew was one of my fav's but i really wanted riou and ichigo to get together:(
and i have so many good memories with ccs
I love them all^-^

RLinksoul

I liked the lack of Erica and Tsubomi in that episode...it allowed you to make a bit more of a connection with the character so that it wasn't like the normal VOTW where you only see them have a fight and that's about it.

Yea, about the only thing that makes up for it is the fact that she was a classmate of theirs. I'm glad I didn't skip any though. Three words.
Precure Scout Man. I could not laugh harder if I tried, especially when "he" becomes convinced that a guy would be the third precure. The mind scarring visual. XD

You can deffo skip some of the filler episodes. Some of the filler episodes are nice in that they are funny or a little bit emotional but you can deffo skip most of them. You are coming up to the Sunshine arc now...which lasts till about episode 25/26

You can skip again a few till about 31 (which is the start of the Moonlight Arc)

The filler episodes are getting more bearable now. The three weirdos are actually starting to step into the fights themselves. Why they didn't do it in the first place... I dunno.

And for that note episode 13 bugged me. Dark Precure has just beaten Tsubomi and Erika, and is about to finish them off when the boss calls her back, scolding her for obsessing over Cure Moonlight against orders, instead of eliminating the other two cures. He must not have been watching on the standard villain monitor/crystal ball, cause she was seconds away from doing exactly what he ordered her to. Oy.

I'm on episode 27 now. Heartwarming/breaking character development in that one. T_T

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
Precure Scout Man. I could not laugh harder if I tried, especially when "he" becomes convinced that a guy would be the third precure. The mind scarring visual. XD

Ban-kun was hilarious alright. A nice piece of 'fan service' lol
Heatcatch to me was a very good series in general. I'm glad you are warming to it. I think once you get a few episodes in you start to see the characters and do want to see what happens them :)

On a side note...I got my Cardcaptor Skaura manga today. It is now sitting proudly with my Cardcaptor Sakura DVD collection

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
I may end up having to get the manga instead. I was hoping to buy the DVDs, but this price is just unacceptable.

:O! That is a ridiculous amount. I love my CCS too but I wouldn't spend that much on ONE product...

RLinksoul

Boy watching magicial girl anime is normal or not?

I know I'm not normal. > > But I'm not one of those guys who watches it for the frilly outfits and fanservice. I like the strong female leads, endearing characters and their heartwarming moments, and of course the comedic moments that come with a genre this silly.

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
I know I'm not normal. > > But I'm not one of those guys who watches it for the frilly outfits and fanservice. I like the strong female leads, endearing characters and their heartwarming moments, and of course the comedic moments that come with a genre this silly.

Agreed! I actually dislike magical girl anime if there is too much fan service!