• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Mario Party

Best Party?

• Mario Party 1

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Mario Party 2

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Mario Party 3

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Mario Party 4

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Mario Party 5

• Mario Party 6

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Mario Party 7

• Mario Party 8

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Mario Party DS

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Mario Party General

I've been collecting games lately, and one of the series I've been interested in collecting is Mario Party. My favorite Mario Party is 2, but each game has their own strong suits and weak parts, except Mario Party Advance which is just all around terrible.

Which is your favorite, any why, if you please?

Last edited:
I'll side with you on Mario Party 2. It's also my favorite Mario Party Title.
The minigames are fun and addicting.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
Im not a big fan of mario party anymore, but I like 4 and 6 alot. 8 just ruined it. ds version was greatest though

Torpoleon

I only have 4 & 8 (though I'm getting MP9, which looks very fun), so my vote is going to go to MP4. Had lots of fun with the game as a kid.

pikatob

OH NOES
As I own all of the console and handheld Mario Parties (except 9 of course), I'm going to go with Mario Party 5 as the greatest. It brings back a LOT of memories. Also, the mini-games were quite fun, too. It also had my favorite story mode out of all the Mario Parties.

Mario Party Advance was actually okay. It was horrible when it came to multiplayer, but it had pretty good single player features.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Mario Party for the gamecube was good though I'm not sure how many were released for the system.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
3, for the sole reason of the Duel Maps where partners followed you. I wish they'd bring that back.

MonkeyX

I liked Mario Party 4, it was probably the best Gamecube one. 8 sucked really hard, I hope 9 is better.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I liked Mario Party 4, it was probably the best Gamecube one. 8 sucked really hard, I hope 9 is better.

9 is nothing like other Mario Party games. All characters travel together in a car to reach the end of the board and fight the boss. No coins, no classic mode, and no online.

MonkeyX

9 is nothing like other Mario Party games. All characters travel together in a car to reach the end of the board and fight the boss. No coins, no classic mode, and no online.

No classic? :( My hype for Mario Party 9 just dropped by alot.

pikatob

OH NOES

Actually, the original gameplay was confirmed to come back, if I'm not mistaken.

Torpoleon

Actually, the original gameplay was confirmed to come back, if I'm not mistaken.
I think that was proven false and that there is no classic mode in MP9.

Ruby Blue

I like Mario Party 3.

I do somewhat prefer the boards in 2, but I dislike a lot of the mingames in that one.

Tie between 2 and 7 IMO. 2 had great boards and decent mini games, while I loved the variety of Mario Party 7's boards

IMO Mario Party 9 seems terrible. I really hate that whole thing where everyone travels together, it allows for less free will and less strategy. It just seems really stupid. Plus Boo isn't a characters, and they've stolen all the mini games from NSMBWii mechanics.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Um, Mario Party 4 came with the Wave Bird Controller. It wins by defualt.
Not for me.

I'm voting for 3, I found it's the best overall and that duel board was addicting. Plus, it's what gave me a like for Chain Chomps (hence user-name).

9 seems to be too different to for my taste so I might not pick it up but luckily, my little brother might still want it and pay for it with his cash.

MonkeyX

The more I think about it the more I hate 9, maybe I don't know everything about how it plays but it sounds like every game will be pretty much the same because everyone travels together and you won't really have an option where you want to go.

Plus who ever gets the stars is all up to luck, if it just doesn't happen to be your turn when the vehicle lands on the star space then too bad.