• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Metroid character?

I just feel like a metroid fan today... And nothing like this on the frontpage so I guess I cant ask
Who is your favorite character from the Metroid franchise
(Zerosuit samus = Samus BTW)

My favorite character is probarly Rundas. Loved him in metroid prime 3. (and I just cant defeat him in the game either) Just saddens me that his dead :( Great ice powers, saved samus 2 times... Great character.
elsewhere samus gets spot number 2.

jellsprout

Dark Samus/Metroid Prime. I just love dark twins.

Kabuto

little punks!
Lol. Metroid doesn't have all that many characters.

I have a lot of favorites.

Mother Brain is one. Something about a brain in a tank is awesome. Not to mention how it transforms into a mechanical menace at the end of SM.

Ridley is another one I really like. I love his persistence, and his rivalry with Samus. The roars are all that is necessary to show how much this thing wants to kill Samus. My favorite incarnation is Meta Ridley, I love his return and his dramatic entries. But traditional Ridley is awesome too, I'll never forget when he stole the infant metroid from Ceres Station.

I actually love most or all the bosses in Metroid. I'll list some of my favorites, aside from the above two.

Kraid- I mainly like him for his size. I think Kraid was the first boss to literally tower two screens tall. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Crocomire- I love his design. I like the battle itself too, it was really cool. And the ending *shudder*. I wish he was in Zero Mission.

Phantoon- Ghost. Abandoned ship. Yeah....he was cool....

Chorizo- I liked the concept. The Chozo statues you love and trust are not always what they seem....

Draygon- An awesome boss. I love the grapple trick, where you can literally electrocute him and kill him in one hit. I also liked the mini Draygon's, and I think there were some sea versions in Fusion.....

SA-X- Man I have a love/hate relationship with this thing. It was an all powerful beast that was literally unstoppable.

Metroid Prime/Dark Samus- I like the latter more, mainly because I love doppelgangers. DS had some really cool entrance scenes.

Rundas- He was a really cool character. I liked when he was infested with Phazon, because it really was an emotional scene, something you don't see that much in Metroid. The soundtrack in the battle helped a lot. Ghor was really cool too.

Omega Pirate- Man this thing was crazy. His entrance ranks high on my top boss entrance list.

Quadraxis- Goddamn. What a cool design.

Metroid- Life sucking parasites. Creepy *** things that can literally kill you after they latch onto you.

And of course, I love Samus herself. She was the first female protagonist in any game, unless you count the likes of Ms. PacMan. There is so much mystery behind her, but if you look hard enough, you see she really had a tough upbringing. And who can not like the variety of weapons she has access to.

Last edited:
Dark Samus and Ridley. Ridley FTW though.

I also liked Trace from mph. NOT BECAUSE OF HIS INCREDIBLY CHEAP SNIPER THOUGH. I just like his character.

Green Kralee.

Lol. Metroid doesn't have all that many characters.

Yeah I know xD that means less to choose from.

Ill just add my top 5 when I am posting here.

1. Rundas
2. Samus Aran
3. Ridley
4. i dont remember name but, those soldiers that is seen in metroid prime 2 & 3 (not sure of 1)
5. Space pirates

Big Sheegot (MP): That fight was so annoying but he is the best bad guy ever
Phazon Pirate (MP): He simply looks cool
Omega Pirate: (MP): His battle was so epic ¡¡

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i know it isn't a character but i find those head suckers brilliant, how do they come up with those things all the time?

Elias

I'd have to say that my favorite character would be Samus. As I keep thinking about what her personality must be like when she isn't single-handedly taking down a Space Pirate base of some sort, and what kind of things must go through her mind, as well as her relationship with those she works with/for, I really think they should do a movie about this franchise. But ONLY if they do it justice, don't make it another half-baked videogame to movie film.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I'd have to say that Samus is my favorite Metroid character. I have also read the translated version of the E-manga so I have an idea of what she is like outside the games, at least what she was like as a teenager. As for making a movie, it would be possible to do it right, but the problem is that Hollywood has never, to my knowledge, done a video game justice in a movie. Even movies that aren't terrible aren't really based on the video games except in the main characters' names only. That's the worry I would have about a Metroid movie based on the game. If done correctly, it could be great. The probability of it being done correctly, however, is very low based on past experience.

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
Overall Ridley is my favorite character because he's samus arch-nemesis and he's just that awesome.

CeC

Shiny hunter
SA-X is terrifyng, and Trace is awesome.
Adam is mysterious, and he's one of the charachters I loved more.

ITOMARU

Answer Talker
Ridley.
FULL STOP.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
I have alot of favorite Metroid characters so im going to list them.

1.Ridley:he always been my favorite character becuase he looks awesome.
2. Samus: I tend to like the main characters of a series so thats why shes number two.
3.Dark Samus:The reason why she's number three is mostly becuase I like Dopplegangers.
4.Omega Pirate: one of the most coolest looking boss in Metroid history(Thats not saying alot, considering the fact that almost every metroid boss looks awesome.) I remember trying to beat him in MP and he was hard as heck.
5.Rundas: He looks awesome and I like characters that have ice attacks.
I have some more but I cant remember some of there names