• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite moment in G/S/C?

~Kurou

to see you smile
What was yOur favorite moment in the game? Was it when you finnaly caught the celebi you wanted? Or was it when you beat the elite 4? Mine was when I got my first pokemon, cyndaquill. Please tell me your fav moments and feel free to discuss gold, silver and crystal'

abrar14

Statter Master
Finishing it for the first time

TheGengarGuy

It would have to be when I beat that gym leader Cair and she would not give me the damn badge. So I walked all the way through Dragon Cave angrily and was so mad that I was preparing to turn off the game. Then when I got to the end I saw the cutscene where she gets yelled at and it was worth it.

Last edited:
Mine was when i finally beat Red with only my starter,Totodile.

Larry

Finishing it for the first time

Same for me. Back in these days I couldn't beat the game ina couple of days and it was a big deal when I beat the Elite Four. When B/W came out I beat it in 2 days.

Aquarelle

Staff member
When I finally beat Lance after epically failing many, many times.

Strawberry Mint

Dancer in the Dark
It would have to be the time I finally beat Lance, on like the 20th attempt. I woke up early and started playing before anyone else got up. I was very attached to my Typhlosion, and would only train him. I had no understanding of the concept of a balanced team, so it was a challenge. I mainly just used strength over and over again. When I finally did beat him, I was all proud and excited, and I ran downstairs to show my parents, then remembered it was early and I shouldn't have been up playing it in the first place. Crap.

~Kurou

to see you smile
It would have to be the time I finally beat Lance, on like the 20th attempt. I woke up early and started playing before anyone else got up. I was very attached to my Typhlosion, and would only train him. I had no understanding of the concept of a balanced team, so it was a challenge. I mainly just used strength over and over again. When I finally did beat him, I was all proud and excited, and I ran downstairs to show my parents, then remembered it was early and I shouldn't have been up playing it in the first place. Crap.

hahaha lol!

Jinvaani

Entering a wild battle expecting to find a hoothoot and then Raikou appears. I jumped out of my skin when this happened a few days ago

xDWarrior

When I turned the game on for the first time on my 8th birthday. I was so excited!

RiotFire

The first time I experienced the night and day function. I was only used to red and blue so the fact it kept track of the time of day made it feel more of an emersive experience! Seriously, if the gameboy light was on then I was dead to the world! lol!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
When I caught a shiny Rattata

Skwog

PurpleHaze
My favorite part was being able to go to Kanto and see how it had changed from first gen.

Jinvaani

My favorite part was being able to go to Kanto and see how it had changed from first gen.

Oh yeah, that as well. But I was gutted when you couldn't do this in 3rd gen... me and my brother played through the entire game expecting another region and were destroyed when you couldn't.

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD
When i caught a hounder evolved it into a Houndoom (my favorite dog pokemon) and tore Red a new one with it. (No Homo) (no offense to Homosexuals)

Buchou

filch some swag
Probably going back to Kanto. I was still relatively young with Pokemon (about 7 years old when G/S came out) and I was shocked you could go back and explore and challenge the gym leaders.

xCrossCat

Elite Procrastinator
Battling/beating Red, hands down. The music just makes it ten times more epic.

Going back to Kanto was also great, especially since you battle Blue.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Finding out the cloning glitch.

The whole idea of a new region in general excited me to no end. But to find out I could go back to Kanto (which wasn't named prior to these games) was really awesome. My jaw literally dropped when I found out about it the first time. I might have actually cried or something.

It was really nice to rebattle my favorite gym leaders and see how much stronger they've gotten. It was a good challenge, though nothing could beat the awesomeness that is the final battle with Red.