• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite moments in the anime?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
When Iris revealed she was Champion of the Unova/she revealed that she owned a Haxorus

When Oleana confronted Goh at the ending of the second to last episodes of the DD plot

The entire Zoey vs Nando battle but mostly when Leafon and Kricketune collided.

When Ash defeated Burgendy since I liked the remix of “Black and White” and thought it fit the scene

When Burgendy used Revenge against Iris Excadrill since I believe that was the first time it was used in the anime and the execution was awesome.

When Gible mastered Draco Meteor

Obviously Infernape defeated Paul in the Sinnoh League

Dawn’s battle with Maya and defeating her

May’s battle against Zoey

Iris defeating Ash with Excadrill

Dawn vs Cilan

Serena’s Master Class performance

and more but let’s finish here

RafaSceptile

AG: Ash's victory against Articuno and Regice
DP: Ash's victory against Paul in the Sinnoh League and Dawn's victory against May, Zoey's victory against Nando, Sceptile's victory against Darkrai
BW: The Club Battle, Clubsplosion and Junior Cup tournaments
XY: The Team Flare arc
SM: Ash's victory against Gladion and Kukui, the Litten and Mallow's mother episodes, the Aether Foundation arc
JN: The Arceus arc

beanDude

Reviewer
The beginning of Friends to the End when Misty tries to get Ash to get out of bed to do something with her in an effort to get his mind off the events of the previous episode, only for her to become quickly annoyed at his mopey attitude and lose her temper, leading to the following scene that culminates in the lines:

"That isn't easy... especially for some lazy trainers."

"ARE YOU CALLING ME LAZY?"

"I didn't call anybody anything. I was talking to Pikachu."

Misty genuinely wants to see Ash succeed but considering his many character flaws, it's sometimes vindicating for her to let out some insults. It's the reason why Misty will always be one of Ash's best companions.

Let's say Ash and Misty randomly had a battle not seen in an episode, and let's say Ash made some fatal mistakes that cost him the match and let Misty easily win. She would not sit there and gloat about it or use what happened to fuel a superiority complex, but would instead be outright mad at Ash for making said mistakes and would chew him out for it. If the anime were real, it could be argued that Ash would not have accomplished anything he did without Misty and her coaching.

As exemplified in this scene, Misty has exactly the right personality and motivation that makes an excellent coach: she tries to build Ash up when he's down, and take him down when he gets too high and mighty.

As much as I cherish the OS and Misty being around, it felt like major character development when Ash finally beats Gary, goes off to Hoenn by himself, and doesn't need her around anymore.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It's not the best quality-wise but I really like when the anime does weird stuff like they did in AG
Thunder Armor, Pokelantis Ash, Meowth in boots, Ash moonjumping into TR balloon

There are the epic moments too but most was commented here already... Just add:
Latios Luster Purge vs Pikachu Volt Tackle
The return of reserves in Sinnoh League including Cyndaquil evolution(that should have been mindblowing back then)
Whenever there was a proper transition between generations, including stuff like AG Ash in DP style or XY Ash in BW style. Even Ash deciding to travel the world in the end of SM sounded nice after what XY>SM was

DatsRight

Let's say Ash and Misty randomly had a battle not seen in an episode, and let's say Ash made some fatal mistakes that cost him the match and let Misty easily win. She would not sit there and gloat about it or use what happened to fuel a superiority complex, but would instead be outright mad at Ash for making said mistakes and would chew him out for it. If the anime were real, it could be argued that Ash would not have accomplished anything he did without Misty and her coaching.
I guess the roadblock there is that Misty trains and battles EVEN LESS than Ash and often relies on her Deus Ex Psyduck to win for her for most of the OS, while being equally unwilling to acknowledge her flaws (Misty criticising Ash's training got insults, Ash criticising Misty's training got THREATS OF VIOLENCE), hence why it was sometimes cathartic when Misty got called out on her bullcrap as well. I think they BOTH kinda needed each other to get a humbling really.

As for my own favourites, I admit I'm a 'rooting for the empire' type, so I love a lot of bone throws for Team Rocket:

* TR putting up a crazy ploy to cover for Blissey in Ignorance Is Blissey.
* TR randomly throwing out an intense battle in Do I Hear A Ralts.
* The Nimbasa subway scheme with Meowth, largely because it felt like their biggest challenge for the twerps and the one that genuinely stirred them into realising Team Rocket could actually be A THREAT.
* Almost all of Jessie's contest/showcase wins (especially the one crossdressing James won via chekhov's skills in DP).
* Any time Meowth gets to fight halfway competently (eg. Vs Barry's Emploeon, the Team Plasma face off, the single swipe battle with Pikachu in the XY Pokeball factory filler).
* TR saving Bewear and Stufful for once in the Guzzlord invasion.

Besides that, I admit to loving the Alola league win, especially since it had my favourite team. I LOVE that the most clownish depiction of Ash and his Pokemon were the ones who scored the victory.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So manyyy
Much of the OS iconic stuff like Butterfree's release, Island of the Giant Pokemon, Ash getting his mons, The Hollywood episode, The Pokemon league exam episode, etc
Ash vs Drake, Charizard learning to obey Ash, Ash and Misty before Tracey came into the trio
Ash vs Gary, OS farewell
Theres hardly anything in AG ill consider my fav lol before BF atleast. In it: Charizard beating Articuno, Pikachu being Regice
Ash and Pauls rivalry, all the chimchar monferno infernape episodes before finally culminating in Ash beating Paul. Hunter J arcs, TG showdown, Dawn beating May, Dawn's depression arc, Grand festival even tho im salty about Dawn losing, Ash beating Darkrai and Latios, Tr's 'breakup' episode, Brock becoming a doctor, Dp's farewell
All BW Trio arcs like the buildup to TR vs TP even tho we didnt get it, Operation Tempest, Operation Tempest before in that island with incarnate forms of the genies, the Nimbasa city train arc etc.
Mega evolution specials 1-3, Ash beating Sawyer, The TF climax and showdown, Ash vs Clemont, Korrina's arc
So many of SM's iconic stuff such as the litten episode, Ash and pikachu alone in an island episode, Mallow's episode, Minior's episode, all TR focused episodes, Ash beating Guzma and his story, Ash beating Gladion, Ash beating Kukui (Probably THE anipoke moment for me), Lillie's arc in the Motherbeast episodes, The play episode, the magikarp evolving and going rogue on the set episode, SM's finale, Kukui and Burnet having a baby
DD arc in JN, LA arc, the cleffa episode, the celebi episode, Iris becoming Champion, The Gary episode, Ash getting ME

beanDude

Reviewer
Every ep from os to xy
Last episode of sm

This, right here, is a true fan of the Pokemon anime. Every second of every episode is glorious.

...at least having only watched about half of it so far. I am finally giving Black/White a shot. If Sun/Moon/Journeys is actually good, I will make sure to come back and disagree with my past self.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Every single Ash vs Paul battle. My goodness, the combination of game and anime exclusive strategies blew my 12 year old mind! Do you know how cool it is to see Light Screen being used the same way as it is in competitive battles? Underground Flare Blitz to get rid of Toxic Spikes was insane as well, and don't get me started on how Ash utilized Dawn's Ice Aqua Jet! I could go on for ages on how good these battles were.

Final Greninja vs Sceptile battle right before they went Super Saiyan. The gen 5 final gym leader track was playing during this part, so the Unova-fanboy part of my brain exploded. In fact, I always love when they use game music in the anime.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Every single Ash vs Paul battle. My goodness, the combination of game and anime exclusive strategies blew my 12 year old mind! Do you know how cool it is to see Light Screen being used the same way as it is in competitive battles? Underground Flare Blitz to get rid of Toxic Spikes was insane as well, and don't get me started on how Ash utilized Dawn's Ice Aqua Jet! I could go on for ages on how good these battles were.

Final Greninja vs Sceptile battle right before they went Super Saiyan. The gen 5 final gym leader track was playing during this part, so the Unova-fanboy part of my brain exploded. In fact, I always love when they use game music in the anime.
Imo DP was the peak blend of anime and game mechanics
Not even XYZ with awesome choreography did something like that