• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite movie character.

Which is your favorite movie character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I was watching some Pokemon movies today and I wondered...which of those movie characters people liked. I'm gonna try to limit them to the, like, one important character per movie since there's only ten choices (and exclude the really antagonistic ones like Masked Marauder and Annie and Oakley).

As for me, I always kind of liked Melody best. XD I guess it was her outspoken attitude that I liked. And I loved her role and her ocarina solo.

Last edited:

Aaron_fan

Out of those, I voted for Molly. She was kind of twisted, innocent in a way. I haven't seen the third movie for a long time now, though, but as for my other favorite movie characters, Aaron and Galen (Phantom's right-hand man) are also my favorites. Galen hardly did anything, but for the moments he was there I thought he displayed a moderate amount of character. In all truth, I don't know why I like Galen so much. I always seem partial to the minor characters, especially if they're antagonists. It's a strange sort of trend that Aaron and Leen broke.

At the start of the 8th movie, when the Tree stopped the war and there was that whole storybook thing and all, I don't know why, but just for those few first minutes, I felt like I had known Aaron and Leen all my life. I don't know how to explain it. Seeing Aaron die made me cry. I can't even listen to the music that plays during that scene, or else I tear up.

I also kind of liked Tonio and Baron Alberto, too. Tonio was funny in a dorky sort of way, and Alberto was very amusing and slightly creepy.

TheHolyShoe

Hmmmm. It's a really tough call. First choice for me was Kidd, simply because of how awesome she was. Aaron would've gotten my vote if he'd been a choice. But Furuura, Me Snowdon, and Canon are all viable choices too that are high on my list.

RagTag

Shroomin'
2 words....Molly Hale

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
(and exclude the really antagonistic ones like Masked Marauder and Annie and Oakley).

Cheater! The villians are the best parts!

Wait, you don't consider (first movie) Mewtwo or Butler to be in that catagory? M2 tried to KILL ALL HUMANS RAWR and Butler...well, Butler was crazy with revenge and more than a bit evil. Sure, they both reformed in the end, but their past actions remain.

And you don't consider Molly in there either? Molly turned the whole city into her personal playground and didn't care what happened to anyone that lived there. And she kidnapped someone so she could play Pretend Family with her. Sure, she claims later that she thought Delia was her mother, but she sure didn't seem that way when she ordered Entei to go get her. It was more like "I need a mother. Her, she'll do," than anything else.

Out of the options, I voted for her. But my favorite would be Jirarudan, from movie 2. On the surface, a two-dimensional character, but he became something so much more than that. I don't know if the writers intended for him to be so fascinating. He isolates himself from the rest of the world, prefering to surround himself with things of beauty. And yet he talks constantly--to his computer, to the Birds, to the captured kids, to himself...for someone who keeps to himself, it seems that he needs constant vocalizing. The only thing that ever shuts him up is having his whole world destroyed, and even then, in English there's an added line about how he's going to start over.

I like this change, actually, because it showcases the fact that he didn't learn anything from his mistake. Throughout the movie, delusion seems to be his primary character trait. Not only does he live in what amounts to an artificial world, he knows the legend and yet only follows the parts that tell him how to draw Lugia out of hiding--not the parts about, you know, the death and disaster that would follow. And with his ship hovering above the clouds, he never really knows that his actions *are* causing all this. I wouldn't be surprised if he never put two and two together about that after his ship crashed.

And when that did happen, he didn't seem to care that his collection was gone. He had Lugia in his sights, and screw that he wouldn't have any place to put it. If he could capture it, his collection would be above anyone else's, and that was all that mattered.

He didn't want power like so many others, he wanted Lugia to posess, like an object. He has a distinct lack of empathy, but I don't think he was wicked, just greedy and shortsighted.

And you know what? I think he was *right* about something. The legend never said the Birds had to be *free*, just that they had to be in balance.

His image song says so much about him too. And I think it's a shame that 2 was the only film they did image songs for, because think of what we're missing!

....ok, that turned into an essay. But I get long-winded when it comes to my favorite characters, and he's my favorite overall. Be glad I didn't get into his mental condition any deeper. I can go on for ages.

Medea

Excalibur
Well, I have two favorites from the list and that was Sammy and Tory. Sammy because even though I went to the theaters to see the fourth movie having NO idea what I was in for. But knew it was Professor Oak somehow. That's what made me like him. Professor Oak is a cool guy and as a 10 year old boy, he was a cute.

And once again, must go for cute boys and that would be Tory. I hated the movie beyond belief, but I was able to sit through two hours of edited, butchered up crap because of Tory. If there's a cute boy there, I can sit through anything.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Cheater! The villians are the best parts!

Wait, you don't consider (first movie) Mewtwo or Butler to be in that catagory? M2 tried to KILL ALL HUMANS RAWR and Butler...well, Butler was crazy with revenge and more than a bit evil. Sure, they both reformed in the end, but their past actions remain.

And you don't consider Molly in there either? Molly turned the whole city into her personal playground and didn't care what happened to anyone that lived there. And she kidnapped someone so she could play Pretend Family with her. Sure, she claims later that she thought Delia was her mother, but she sure didn't seem that way when she ordered Entei to go get her. It was more like "I need a mother. Her, she'll do," than anything else.

Heheheh. I'd have put more options and more characters, but since the Serebii polls only allow ten options, I decided to take only the characters that, uh, stood out most. For Mewtwo movie, the characters like Fergus and Neesha didn't...really do much, sooo... And Butler, while evil, was at least redeemed at the end...and he was probably the movie 6 character to do the most there. And yeah, Molly was pretty evil in her own way, but the movie did center around her.

...I wish these polls had more options... >_<

I liked the other movie villians like Lawrence and Masked Marauder, too. I always thought the antagonists in the movies pwned the ones from the anime series. XD

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Medea said:
I hated the movie beyond belief, but I was able to sit through two hours of edited, butchered up crap because of Tory.

I think the only "butchering" done to that movie was when it aired on WB, given that the official release was more or less uncut. Unless you meant that the movie was stone boring, in which case I'll agree with you.

Super-Staff said:
I always thought the antagonists in the movies pwned the ones from the anime series. XD

I think that depends. Even Tyson (the Rocket) was better than, say, Phantom. But that may be partially due to the fact that Phantom was basically the embodiment of the movie's trend of wasted potential.

I'm really hoping for a massive secret turnaround with Zero. If he's a bland "must capture Giratina to conquor the world" villian, that'll be disappointing. But if my theory about him is correct [spoil]and he's an android too. Look at him, he has yellow eyes, and the only other character in Pokemon in recent memory with yellow eyes is his android Infi[/spoil], well, that'll set the whole movie on its ear. That would be awesome.

Even Marauder had a catch with his plot, since he starts off as any other agent (well, one of extremely high rank and extremely interesting fashion sense, but you know), and the taste of real power, power outside the Team, causes him to renounce his loyalty and turn against Giovanni. I really wish that was expanded on outside the film, but hey.

I knew someone once who thought he died at the end of the film, but I doubt that. I mean, even putting aside the fact that the anime hasn't had a human body count since the first movie (Ash dying and coming back doesn't count, I'm talking about the scientists in the lab), IMM just survived...let's see here:
-being electrocuted
-his jetpack exploding while he was wearing it
-falling about a half-mile into the forest
-crashing through trees and branches
-slamming into the ground
-rolling down a hill
...and he only got the wind knocked out of him, and only for a few seconds. He was able to stand and attempt to fight pretty much right away, with no loss of function. So I don't think having the everloving crap kicked out of him by some pokemon is going to do much more than wound him.

Rockets may not be able to dish it out much, but boy, they can take it like no one else.

I voted Sammy Oak, purely because when it was revealed who he really was, I was actually a little surprised. Sure, in hindsight it's plain to see, but when I first watched it...

Chelc

Melody - Her interactions with Misty were great. I loved her role in the whole festival thing, and I liked her outfit, too. xD;

Jackie - He was just awesome. <3 Especially in the beginning of the movie. Annnnd I liked the story of how/why he became a Pokemon Ranger. :3

Alice - I don't know why I like her so much, but...yeah. I really enjoyed the flashbacks of her and Tonio (and the shipping, lawl), and her relationship with Darkrai really got to me.

I chose Molly. She's one of the cutest pupu ever x3. I like her, because she's cute. She owns a Mantine. And I love Mantine. You go Molly. ;3 Mainly, I like her, because of her cuteness and her Pokémon. However, I don't really like her attitude. :3

Last edited: