• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite movies of 2009

scarecrow_stitches

blissfully dead
Zombieland and Avatar were pretty hardcore.

SmartD

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Transformers 2
Night at the Museum: Battle at the Simthsonian
Terminator: Salvation
Sherlock Holmes

That's all I can think of.

Mimori Kiryu

Zombieland
UP
I Love You, Man (Hey, it was hilarious.)
Star Trek
Blood: The Last Vampire
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Paranormal Activity

Yeah, that's about it.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I haven't seen too many movies in 2009, but I'd say my favorites are Transformers 2 (hands down) and Zombieland.

There is not enough love for District 9 in this thread. >:C It was my favorite movie this year, even more than Transformers and I LOVE Transformers.

Movies that I thought were okay: Zombieland, Avatar, The Princess and the Frog, 2012, Star Trek, Terminator: Salvation.

And my least favorite movie...9. Holy crap I hated that movie so much it's not even funny. I was dragged there to see it by my friends because it was supposed to be just SO amazing. Worst $8 I ever spent. I do not see why everyone likes it so much. Flame for it if you want but it won't make me change my opinion. :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well:

-New Moon
-HP 6 (HBP)
-Paranormal Activity

Those were all good in my opinion. Avatar had the best scenes out of the 4 though.

7. Avatar
6.Cloudy with a chance of meatballs
5.Star Trek
4.Up
3. Half-Blood Prince
2.District 9
1.Where the Wild things are

HazzaY2J

</3 Kid
Angels and Demons and Up!

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
There were so many great movies least year. Honestly I can't chose between the big three of Inglourious Basterds, District 9 or Star Trek. All three were excellent. Avartar was simultaneously bad and awesome. THe plot was horribly predictable and cliche, the dialogue was cringe inducing, the acting was not exactly stellar... on the flip-side DID YOU SEE THOSE VISUALS??? DID YOU SEE THOSE FUCKING GLOURIOUS VISUALS?!?!?!?! I mean sure it was style over substance, but it was just about the most amazing style ever put to film.

Kengo

Banned
New Moon owned all the movies of the year, Avatar, Transformers, all.

Kristen Stewart owns Julia Roberts, Taylor Lautner owns Johnny Depp.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
There were so many great movies least year. Honestly I can't chose between the big three of Inglourious Basterds, District 9 or Star Trek. All three were excellent. Avartar was simultaneously bad and awesome. THe plot was horribly predictable and cliche, the dialogue was cringe inducing, the acting was not exactly stellar... on the flip-side DID YOU SEE THOSE VISUALS??? DID YOU SEE THOSE FUCKING GLOURIOUS VISUALS?!?!?!?! I mean sure it was style over substance, but it was just about the most amazing style ever put to film.

Awwwwwww, crap.

Gotta add Star Trek to the list. This summer was filled with action movies.

@Kengo: A) Stop putting terrible oversized pictures here
B) You can be positive while having AWESOME action as well. Where's you sense of poking your head outside what the common 14-year-old girl wants you to hear?

Kengo

Banned
@Kengo: A) Stop putting terrible oversized pictures here
B) You can be positive while having AWESOME action as well. Where's you sense of poking your head outside what the common 14-year-old girl wants you to hear?

New Moon was awesome, you don't know what you're missing.

Some of y'all need to open your mind.

High School Musical, Twilight, and Hannah Montana had great movies.

Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie=Awesome.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Look I opened my mind up enough when I decided to watch "Sleeping Beauty" by myself this summer. Granted, Prince Phillip is a bro, but I digress.

My point being; people don't have to agree with your opinion, move along, and stop whining if another person disagrees. Let's stay on topic of "Favorite movies of 2009".

Back on the topic of Disney though, I walked in on "Princess and the Frog", and it was okay. My other 3 choices beat it out hands down though. In order:

1. I Love You, Man
2. The Hangover
3. Star Trek

PokemonHero

I can see the future

My thoughts

Really, it's nothing special. It's deserves none of the money that it has made and the actors...well, there are far better looking guys out there. And seeing what other movies you liked, I'm really wondering if you have actually seen any really good movies.