• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Musical?

xanados

Lvl. 100 trainer
Well I don't know about any of you but High School Musical sucks and Jesus Christ Superstar rocks. For the music not so much the story.

The Sarge

look into my eyes...
Avenue Q is by far my favorite. Seussical is a close second, having been in it last year in school. The only other ones I've seen is Fiddler on the Roof, Cats, The Boyfriend, and Annie, so I can't really say much since most of those are famous ones.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
I really like both Rent and Wicked. They're my faves :3

coolespeon

I dont know.
Cats and sweeney todd. All the rest I´ve seen or heard about are just a shame.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I just found out today that my mom's buying me tickets to see Shrek the Musical on broadway! <3 I've really wanted to see that one.

All the rest I´ve seen or heard about are just a shame.

Why?

Spookz

Lumos
Well, there is a musical version of The Lion King that's been on Broadway forever now. Really, a number of Disney movies have been converted to musicals.
Well, it makes sense, Disney is pretty much keeping Broadway on it's feet. Not only do they produce shows on stage, but they're known for hiring Broadway stars for their own movies (Angela Lansbury, anyone?).

As far as my own favorite musicals go, I love a lot of them. Some of my favorites are Cabaret, Chicago, Sweeney Todd (the original version, none of this Tim Burton bs), Rent, and Songs for a New World.
There are plenty more out there that I enjoy (voluntarily or by default because I heard them so much from working the shows). I don't think I'll ever like Godspell though. *shudders*

Itoshii

I love Rent! Definitely on the top of my list!

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
Rent and Seussical are absolutely amazing. I did Seussical a couple months ago for high school and I was one of the three Wickersham Brothers. I wanna do Rent next, but it's kind of controversial for a high school to do.

superjesus1

I've only seen Chichago and Les Miserables, and i have to say i thoroughly enjoyed both!

I like the film version of The Sound Of Music and, if it could count as a musical due to the large number of songs in it, Sister Act =P I think that was made into a musical a whiel back come to think of it, but i never saw it =(

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Well, it makes sense, Disney is pretty much keeping Broadway on it's feet. Not only do they produce shows on stage, but they're known for hiring Broadway stars for their own movies (Angela Lansbury, anyone?).

It's not like it's a difficult medium for Disney to get involved in. I mean, most of their animated movies have a lot of singing and dancing within them. I'm actually surprised there haven't been more of them made into musicals.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Once Upon a Mattress

Wow, normally when I mention something about "Once Upon a Mattress" people think I'm weird because they've never heard of it. And for those that do know about it, they hate it. Glad to finally meet someone who loves this musical! There's just something about this musical that I really like, but I just can't put my finger on it. I remember a few years back when my middle school did this play, I was the wizard. And no one liked this play except for me... lol.

Speaking of musicals that you've been in, what was your favorite musical that you were ever in?

Fiddler on the Roof was a lot of fun to do, (I was Mendel), and it was overall an amazingly worked out play. But no matter how much I enjoyed this play, nothing will ever seem more amazing to me than Aladdin, and that's because I had the lead part, and will probably never have the lead part again haha. So I'd have to go with Aladdin. But if I ever did Into the Woods, that'd automatically be my new favorite. <3

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Mattress, hands down. We just did it in January, and I was the Minstrel. I LOVE that musical. The Wiz last year. The music man was awsome too. (If only our Jester could sing...and act...)

Next year, we're doing Seussical, and I know nothing about it, other than Horton is a Baritone/Tenor, and I'm the most likely person for that part out of our cast.

And those were the only 3 I was in, and the 4th I plan on being in.

Last edited:

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Speaking of musicals that you've been in, what was your favorite musical that you were ever in?

Probably Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. We went all out for that. I was just in the chorus, but I wore a choir robe, red vest, and gold pants all in the same show (I still wish I could've kept those pants; they were a perfect fit).

I have no clue what the musical is next year. I think I have a pretty good shot at getting a pretty strong guy role. There's only like two or three senior guys next year (including me), and I don't think there's really any underclassmen that stand out (at least that I know of). Of course, I really don't stand out much myself, so it could be nothing.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
My school's got to have the highest amount of guys in drama club, just in my grade alone there's like 11... so much competition lol.

Oh, by the way, has anyone here ever seen Pippin? I LOVE the music in Pippin, musically it's got some of my favorite songs. But the story itself, I just couldn't really understand it. I get the gist of it, but to me the story line was just very blah. Did anybody else feel this way? (And it took me a while to get the concept that they wanted him to commit suicide in the end. See, when I saw this, they used real torches, and they set the smoke alarms off and we had to evacuate...)

Spookz

Lumos
It's not like it's a difficult medium for Disney to get involved in. I mean, most of their animated movies have a lot of singing and dancing within them. I'm actually surprised there haven't been more of them made into musicals.
Well, yes, that's why I said it made sense. :p
Though, I can honestly say I'm relieved more Disney movies haven't been produced on stage- it's horribly unoriginal in my opinion. Admittedly, if there were more Disney to Broadway productions, jobs would be a plenty both backstage and onstage.. that's never a bad thing.

Favorite musical I've worked on thus far is probably Jason Robert Brown's "Songs for a New World". That show will always hold a special place in my heart.

Okay, so what's your favorite musical? By far, my favorite musical of all time is definitely Into the Woods. The music, the characters, the plot, all so amazing. I love how they're able to combine the fairy tales all into one. And Greens, greens, BEST song ever! I love "Your Fault", too. My favorite character is definitely the Baker. And this musical has some of the funniest quotes. "I need this shoe to have a baby!" "I sort of hate to ask it, but do you have a basket?" Everything about this musical is just pure awesome. =]

I also like Fiddler on the Roof, that was a pretty good one. Far From the Home I Love is just an amazing song.

So what are your favorite musicals? And does anybody else here love Into the Woods?
One of my best friends wants to go into musical theater when she is older, and she was in an Into the Woods play. She played the witch. :D It's a great musical.

My favorite would have to be Phantom of the Opera.

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
Jesus Christ Superstar

Though that's more of a rock opera, no?