• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Musical?

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Okay, so what's your favorite musical? By far, my favorite musical of all time is definitely Into the Woods. The music, the characters, the plot, all so amazing. I love how they're able to combine the fairy tales all into one. And Greens, greens, BEST song ever! I love "Your Fault", too. My favorite character is definitely the Baker. And this musical has some of the funniest quotes. "I need this shoe to have a baby!" "I sort of hate to ask it, but do you have a basket?" Everything about this musical is just pure awesome. =]

I also like Fiddler on the Roof, that was a pretty good one. Far From the Home I Love is just an amazing song.

So what are your favorite musicals? And does anybody else here love Into the Woods?

treespyro

Vintage much?
The Producers, 42nd Street and Cabaret are most likely my favorite because they are the only 3 I have personally seen.

I don't feel like going into much detail right now

Lucazard

Spoof Man™
High School Musical. LOL

treespyro

Vintage much?
I think the creator of this topic refers to Theatre not movies and yes Cats does count Not High School Musical

Alloute

Not Banned
Well sorry, I am not an expert of Musical Theatre.

Cats then, I went to see it years ago in NYC.

I didn't much like it, but it was ok.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
If we're talking about stage musicals, i'd have to go with either Cats or Phantom of the Opera.

I got my brother's girlfriend a dvd of the stage version of Phantom of the Opera and it was brilliant.

I love the music from Cats but i've not had the chance to see the show yet.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
Phantom of the Opera is the only musical that I've been to see. Musicals aren't my usual inclination but I did enjoy it, though it was more the theatre atmosphere that I enjoyed. I've heard that the sequel has been finished and the test audience reaction were mixed. As a side note, Andrew Lloyd Webber looks like the toad from spirited away.

MattZ2007

PotO is the only musical I've seen. I am going to see La Boheme this summer though, and it was the basis for Rent. :). If we include pre-Wagnerian Operas, considering that they were practically the musicals we know today, "The Marriage of Figaro" and "Médéa" were both really good. I also want to see "Don Giovanni".

Last edited:

MattZ2007

Probably Aida.
After I saw the amazing performance my school's drama club did (as well as the kick-ass set we built on Stage Crew, haha), I completely fell in love with it.

That's Verdi right? He was a kick*** composer. You should listen to "La Traviata", it's another good Verdi piece.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Sweeney Todd.

Don't judge me, I'm not some goth, murder obsessed bimbo, it's the musical part that I love.

Actually, The Lion King was sort of a musical (just animated), so if I can choose that, I think I will.

That "I Just Can't Wait to be King" part rocked.

MattZ2007

It shames me that you're all cultured.

I'm not cultured, I'm a composer. I'm starting college next year, and my major is composition. That would be why I've heard all of these Operas and what-have-you (Oh yeah, I used what-have-you :)).

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Actually, The Lion King was sort of a musical (just animated), so if I can choose that, I think I will.

That "I Just Can't Wait to be King" part rocked.

Well, there is a musical version of The Lion King that's been on Broadway forever now. Really, a number of Disney movies have been converted to musicals.

As for me, probably my favorite musical is Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I also like 42nd Street, Phantom of the Opera, and Anything Goes. My school's actually done Joesph and 42nd Street the past two years. I can't wait to see what we do next year.

Haruka

Banned
I have to agree with the topic creator, Into The Woods is simply greatness. I liked "Last Midnight" myself, though, the Witch is so flamboyantly awesome. Especially since at our school, we did this play not too long ago, and she was played by an already hyper girl. Haha.

Also, I want to see Sweeney Todd badly. Sounds lovely.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
Is it uncouth to say Tommy?

I've got to be the only person on the planet who hasn't seen this lol. Everyone always talks about it.

I have to agree with the topic creator, Into The Woods is simply greatness. I liked "Last Midnight" myself, though, the Witch is so flamboyantly awesome. Especially since at our school, we did this play not too long ago, and she was played by an already hyper girl. Haha.

Yes, Last Midnight is also good. The witch is just pure awesome lol, doesn't matter if it's the real movie or a school play I'm sure I could love any performer as the witch, as from the one's I've seen it's always different. I want to do this play so badly but my drama teacher won't listen to me lol, except now that I'm going into the high school (for me, high school is only 10, 11, and 12 grade. I've technically in high school already) he says he may do it next year. I swear when I heard that I was ****** off beyond belief.

Cobalt_Latios

All this and no mention of either Avenue Q or Rent? Granted, I have seen Phantom of the Opera, but still, both of the former deserve some mention.

*C_L*