• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Mysteries of the Pokemon series

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What Pokemon were reincarnated into the legendary beasts? Pokemon Generations doesn't really answer it because they use generic animal shadows for their pre-legendary status.
I find it interesting that Pokemon Generations went out of it's way to state that these were three nameless Pokemon, as in three unknown Pokemon as if they've acknowledged the mystery behind the Legendary Beasts.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
What Pokemon were reincarnated into the legendary beasts? Pokemon Generations doesn't really answer it because they use generic animal shadows for their pre-legendary status.

I find it interesting that Pokemon Generations went out of it's way to state that these were three nameless Pokemon, as in three unknown Pokemon as if they've acknowledged the mystery behind the Legendary Beasts.

If you mean the legendary dogs in Johto, there’s a pretty interesting fan theory that could have some truth in it. So the dogs were reborn out of some unknown Pokemon when the Bell Tower went up in flames, right? Well, the three original Eeveelutions - Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon - share the dogs’ types. It could be said that there were a Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon in the tower, who died in the flames and were resurrected by Ho-Oh into the dogs.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
If you mean the legendary dogs in Johto, there’s a pretty interesting fan theory that could have some truth in it. So the dogs were reborn out of some unknown Pokemon when the Bell Tower went up in flames, right? Well, the three original Eeveelutions - Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon - share the dogs’ types. It could be said that there were a Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon in the tower, who died in the flames and were resurrected by Ho-Oh into the dogs.
Mind you they could be a badly injured dog type Pokemon are that too low levels to even survive the tower's burning and and they are know as The legendary "beasts" pokemon not a "dogs" .

Leonhart

Imagineer
NovaBrunswick said:

I think that theory could work, although my personal theory is that the beta forms of Entei, Raikou, and Suikun from the Gold and Silver beta leak are supposed to be their original forms that were killed in the fire.

And while on the subject, one thing that has always been a mystery to me personally is the fact that the Jouto Beast trio are called "dogs" by most fans when two out of the three beasts [Entei and Raikou] have blatant feline-like designs, and you could even argue that Suikun could be some kind of leopard given its spots.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
And while on the subject, one thing that has always been a mystery to me personally is the fact that the Jouto Beast trio are called "dogs" by most fans when two out of the three beasts [Entei and Raikou] have blatant feline-like designs, and you could even argue that Suikun could be some kind of leopard given its spots.

Suicune is actually a cheetah, not a leopard, because of its ability to run long distances across the north.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
What happened in the Old Chateau? One of the few places you can find human ghosts haunting it, it's generally creepy and most alarmingly you find an Antidote in the trash. Some sort of murder mystery is implied, but why it happened and who's responsible is never hinted at. Of course it could've been an accident like some disastrous poisoning or something else. Still, something really bad must've happened for an entire building to be haunted and deprived of the living

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
What happened in the Old Chateau? One of the few places you can find human ghosts haunting it, it's generally creepy and most alarmingly you find an Antidote in the trash. Some sort of murder mystery is implied, but why it happened and who's responsible is never hinted at. Of course it could've been an accident like some disastrous poisoning or something else. Still, something really bad must've happened for an entire building to be haunted and deprived of the living

It's like something out of an Agatha Christie novel. (Isn't that who the Elite 4 Agatha is named after?)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It's like something out of an Agatha Christie novel. (Isn't that who the Elite 4 Agatha is named after?)
That might explain why the Ghost type trainer is named Agatha

How did Deoxys come to be? It's stated it used to be an alien virus that was mutated by a laser, but where this laser came from is never revealed. And I'm wondering what it is. Could the Ultimate Weapon have something to do with it? Was it a gamma ray burst or something?

shoz999

BQWGaz8.jpg
b4LRJul.jpg

Wailord & Relicanth, the key Pokemon needed to solve the mystery behind the Legendary Golems as seen in Pokemon Adventures

So in elementary, one thing kids loved to talk about was the lore surrounding the Regi-brothers as we called them and one thing that always struck me odd was the very strange and specific requirements required to solve the mystery of each of the Regi's lairs by reading a mysterious language called Braille. I always thought it was some ancient language that GameFreak made up until I later found out that it's an actual real language for people who've become blind. Still, it's a bit odd to see GameFreak's take on the language as some kind of ancient language. As a kid, I always thought the people of Pacifidlog Town a long time ago was somehow related to the Sealed Chamber and by extension the Regi Trio. What's even weirder is that of all the Pokemon required to unlock the Regi Trio, it's Relicanth and Wailord of all Pokemon. However now that I think about it, considering they are old Pokemon of the sea, maybe there is a connection with the ancestors of the sea-faring town of Pacifidlog. What's even weirder is that whoever sealed the Regi Trio according to the inscriptions have claimed to "fear it". According to Pokemon Adventures, this is possibly interpreted that whoever sealed the Regi Trio possible feared the risk of controlling Pokemon that are too powerful. Another interesting theory I came across is that it possibly means Regigigas who appeared a generation later which is also fairly convincing.

Weird how the mystery behind the Regi Titans aren't discussed a lot these days.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedJirachi said:
That might explain why the Ghost type trainer is named Agatha

How did Deoxys come to be? It's stated it used to be an alien virus that was mutated by a laser, but where this laser came from is never revealed. And I'm wondering what it is. Could the Ultimate Weapon have something to do with it? Was it a gamma ray burst or something?

The Ultimate Weapon would've been my explanation for how Deoxys was created since it seems to fit the narrative, but since that wasn't revealed in OR/AS [which would've been the perfect time], then I don't think that that's the origin of Deoxys.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Geographical and political set-up of the Pokemon World. Are there actual countries in it? What sort of continents are there?

I think all the regions in the Pokémon world are part of one big Pokémon nation. That's why there's a "National" Pokédex.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I assume they're like their RL counterparts.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
What do the parts of Diglett and Dugtrio hidden underground look like? Diglett’s Dex entres in the Gen 7 games say that even though farmers have loved and cherished it for generations, they still haven’t seen the parts under the ground. However, if a certain scene in the Mystery Dungeon games is anything to go by, Diglett apparently does have feet. I guess only Diglett and Dugtrio themselves know what’s underneath.

Diglett_feet_reference_PMD.png

Luthor

There are two different graveyards in Alola and yet the Ghost trial is based in an abandoned supermarket which is said to be destroyed but is clearly largely intact. Why is the trial based here? and why so many ghosts? did a lot of people die during its Tapu's attack? or were the ghosts already there?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Luthor said:
There are two different graveyards in Alola and yet the Ghost trial is based in an abandoned supermarket which is said to be destroyed but is clearly largely intact. Why is the trial based here? and why so many ghosts? did a lot of people die during its Tapu's attack? or were the ghosts already there?

I've always assumed that the Ghost-types just moved in since the building was dark and abandoned, which seems like the kind of place that intrigues Ghost Pokemon the most. I sincerely hope that the Ghost-types that live there aren't actually the spirits of dead people, as that would be pretty morbid.

shoz999

latest

Who remembers the mystery of Mohn being possibly Lusamine's husband with no memory of his family before the USUM games pretty much confirmed what we suspected. It's a pretty sad story and I remember fans going nuts over this. I like how in the USUM games, we finally get to see Lusamine confront Mohn for the first time, comparing Poke Pelago to the Aether Foundation's work. If it wasn't for USUM to clear things up further, I bet this mystery would've been up there with convincing theories like N being possibly a Zoroark or that Green (Fem Protag) is possibly Mr. Fuji's daughter.

One thing I also just love about the mystery of Mohn is how it's handled in the Adventures manga currently where they further expand and elaborate the mystery of it. We see how Mohn's impact as a family member, a friend of the Alola region and a researcher of the Aether Foundation studying Ultra Wormholes years ago who mysteriously disappeared can be felt through a fair portion of important characters in the present time even though he has yet to make an appearance at all. The manga is pretty much expanding on who is this Mohn character through different POVs and where is he after all these years where he just suddenly vanished?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

Why did Tapu Bulu destroy the supermarket?