• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Nintendo Franchise

Favorite Nintendo Franchise

• Mario

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Zelda

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Metroid

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • F-Zero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pikmin

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Star Fox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Ampy

Light The Stars
Vote for your favorite Nintendo Franchise. Whether it be Zelda or Mario, Nintendo just has a way with games. Please explain why said franchise is your favorite, and which game in the franchise is your favorite and why.

My favorite Nintendo Franchise would most definitely be Metroid.

Why?: I love the atmosphere of the games, which gives you a sense of being alone and secluded. I can actually really get involved with the game without having NPC's interupting the game continiously (minus Other M). I also love the exploration aspect of the game, aswell as the non-linearity. The music is also almost always amazing, and Samus is pretty bad-ass.

Favorite game: This is a really tough one, but I'd have to say Prime. The atmosphere of this game is just AMAZING, music is topnotch and the visuals are beautiful. Boss fights are epic, and the difficulty level is just right. Honestly, a game that doesn't have much of a story and can still get you so involved with the main character is game design at it's best.

Honorable Mentions: Super Metroid and Echoes.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Tough one. I find Pikmin the most creative. Super Mario tends to wow me with its clever twists on classic elements. I play Pokemon the most. Metroid is a clever twist on the platformer-shooter. Zelda is a fantastic and unique experience. The others are also very unique.

I can't choose!

AmpharosFanatic

Difficult, but Mario wins. Aside from Super Mario 64 and Galaxy he also has the fantastic Paper Mario series.

Shadow XD001

Zelda.

The games are really good, and there's always something different about them, that sets them apart from others.

My Favorite Zelda Game? Hm, I'd have to say Wind Waker. Aside from being my first Zelda game, it also introduced riding on a boat, as well as the cell-shaded graphics on Zelda, which actually make the game really good. Also, it was a long adventure in that game, so you could do many different things, and the final fight was awesome! :) Twilight Princess would be my second favorite, but one of those could change when Skyward Sword is released.

SmartD

I like Pokemon, and sometime Kirby too. Why isn't Kirby on the poll? Unless I'm missing something.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well, Pokemon, but I like the great games that I enjoy from Pikmin (Pikmin 2) and F-Zero (F-Zero GX). I also like the Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Starfox series for their solid entries and overall great effort.

Dattebayo

Banned
Mario is my favorite franchise since I grew up with his first 3D game, followed by Pokemon.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Voted for Pikmin.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I have to say Pokemon, followed by Mario.

Vipsoccermaster

Very difficult. But I'll go with Mario, since I grew up playing Mario games. Zelda, Pikmin, and Pokemon (in no particular order) comes close.

Neon-Snorlax702

zelda, mario BUT mainly pokemon :)

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Don you need to ask? :D lol POKEMON!!
btw I honesly think they're overusing mario's characters a bit. Okay for the platformers, but do they seriously need to stick him in every sport/party games other than to earn more money using him as an icon? I think not :/

It took me a second to realize why the Paper Mario franchise wasn't on this list. Then I realized it's because it must be on the "Best Nintendo Franchise" list.

Good show.

Profesco

gone gently
Pokemon, naturally. The only videogame with any significant involvement in my lifestyle. Everyone here must have played Pokemon at some point, so take your favorite things about Pokemon when you were really into it, add all of them together, and the sum will be my explanation for liking it.

I also enjoy many of the Zelda games, but I'm not avid enough a fan to consider myself a fan of the franchise as a whole.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I honesly think they're overusing mario's characters a bit. Okay for the platformers, but do they seriously need to stick him in every sport/party games other than to earn more money using him as an icon?

Mario is Nintendo mascot it is kinda his job to be in every sport/party game that Nintendo put out.

My favorite Nintendo franchise would be Pokémon as that what got me into Nintendo. and Legend of Zelda as they remind me of my childhood. I also have a soft spot for Metroid as it is nice to see a strong Woman video game character.