• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Nintendo Soundtrack

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
What are your favorite soundtracks for any Nintendo game (second party and third party games on Nintendo consoles included)? This goes for the entire soundtrack of the game, not just one song, though if one song makes the whole soundtrack for you, then feel free to list it.

For me, I'd have to say that the soundtracks to Earthbound, Super Mario 64, F-Zero X, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are my favorites right now.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Xenoblade has the best OST out of any Nintendo game. This is fact and can't be disputed

Grey Wind

Wind Waker, by far. Also most Zelda games. I remember liking Galaxy and Sunshine's too, but I haven't listened to them in ages so I can't gauge how good they are.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
I have quite a bit, Golden Sun (First two, haven't played Book 3), Fire Emblem (ALL...), and Super Mario Sunshine. Have you heard the Prince's Despiar from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones? It's good. So are the character themes from FE7. 'Cept Merlinuss' because it's a remix of Going my Way or whatever it's called.

EDIT: let's add Xenoblade to the list.

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
Overall it is Brawl, with 4 3DS a close second. Not counting Smash games, because it isn't fair too, I would have to say OoT. The ocarina songs a great, plus the songs set the mood perfectly for the settings.

woot21 out dawgs

Aurath8

I agree with woot21 on this one. This is heavily lopsided in favour of Smash bros. Brawl and Smash bros. Wii U/3DS for the obvious reason that it selects and remixes and all the most famous songs, and has a fully-featured Sound Test to enjoy them in.

If not those two, then the two Galaxy games. I more or less treat them as a single entity. They're distinctly separate in style and feel in a few ways, but otherwise they are just two different versions of nigh-perfection and this extends to their soundtracks. Nothing comes close in terms of its sheer grandeur.

Shout-outs go to Bravely Default, Pokemon BW2 and Fire Emblem: Awakening and the Zelda series. The latter in particular has loads of great songs, just spread out over a 28-year-old series.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Xenoblade has the best OST out of any Nintendo game. This is fact and can't be disputed

You're wrong, because Valoo is right.

Wind Waker, by far. Also most Zelda games. I remember liking Galaxy and Sunshine's too, but I haven't listened to them in ages so I can't gauge how good they are.

None shall compete with Wind Waker.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Too many choices. B2/W2 has my favorite soundtrack of any Pokemon game though the remastered soundtrack for OR/AS might change my opinion there. X/Y is a close second with those fantastic gym leader and E4 battle themes, among other tracks.

Path of Radiance is another soundtrack I loved, with Radiant Dawn and Awakening shortly behind it. The MegaMan Battle Network and Starforce series had some great soundtracks if we're counting non-first party Nintendo games. And I can't say with straight face that Bravely Default had sub-par soundtrack, so that game deserves a mention too.

But everyone here knows I'm beating around the bush, Golden Sun is undoubtedly my favorite Nintendo soundtrack. This includes Dark Dawn which had that beautiful and underplayed boss theme.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga: Yoko Shimomura does an excellent job in this classy game with the nice hub music, and the incredible boss tracks.

With what Psynergy said, I did like the "panic" theme in Megaman Battle Network 3. It really feels suspenseful.

Wow, didn't remember this theme to well, but now I have to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzPlMDk-AG8&list=PL3AF7CA13FD0284C0

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLpCjA8PApY&list=PL3AF7CA13FD0284C0&index=13
The panic theme I was talking about.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
It's a toss up between Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, the two Galaxies and Final Fantasy VI. Since we're talking complete soundtracks, I might just have to give the edge to FFVI since I can't think of any other game soundtrack where every single song is a commendable and listenable piece of music in it's own right.

Also, you know... that final boss theme.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
It's a toss up between Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, the two Galaxies and Final Fantasy VI. Since we're talking complete soundtracks, I might just have to give the edge to FFVI since I can't think of any other game soundtrack where every single song is a commendable and listenable piece of music in it's own right.

Also, you know... that final boss theme.

Chrono Trigger would also like to have a word.

Though I'm of the mind that any soundtrack is listenable music.

TheEliteEmpoleon

There are so many to choose from. For Pokémon, I like Platinum's soundtrack the best. ACNL also has a few amazing songs, namely the early morning themes. The classic Mega Man games also have great songs, especially Mega Man 2. Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite game, and that is partly so because of it's music, but that's not my favorite either. I would have to go with Wind Waker for my absolute favorite, but by a margin. In general, I think TLoZ has the best music.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I like many Mario Kart Track Themes. Such as Mushroom Gorge, Daisy Hills, and Rainbow Road.

For Pokemon, most of the rival, gym leader, elite four, champion, and legendary battles are pretty great. (Ruby and Sapphire has the best music IMO)

Smash Bros has some pretty exciting themes, I particularly love Brawl's and NSSB's main themes.

Fire Emblem's only good theme in my opinion is it's main theme. :/

Pikmin's themes are all just calming... not really what I am in to.

Animal Crossing has many great songs. I like it's main theme, Bubblegum KK and Go KK Rider, those are my favorites in this series by far.

Xenoblade also has some pretty good music that's fun to listen to.

Dark Pit's Theme has GOT to be one of my favorite themes ever. :3

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Actually, Sunshine has really good music. Like the secret level theme.

Going back to it, Sunshine does have really nice music. It might just be nostalgia, but there's something really pleasant about the tracks in that game, and it works really well with the bright (literally and figuratively) and vibrant atmosphere of the game as a whole. It's kind of hard to be mad at that game for too long with music like that. Well, except maybe in some of the secret levels.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Besides Brawl and 4, I'd say the Galaxies, and Fire Emblem Awakening

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
All Fire Emblem games and Golden Sun games have amazing soundtracks, and F-Zero also has some nice tunes too (Mute City is a personal favourite). Also, Pokemon games, especially Hoenn and Sinnoh, have great soundtracks too in my opinion.

EDIT: Aargh, how could I forget Bravely Default and Kid Icarus: Uprising?! They also have superb soundtracks. I also like some music from the Metroid series too.

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The BW games have an amazing soundtrack along with Fire Emblem Awakening, Super Mario Galaxy (haven't played the second one), the Legend of Zelda series and Brawl.

An honorable mention goes to SSB 3DS only because it's soundtrack, while great imo, pales in comparison to Brawl's variety. However SSB Wii U is shaping up to have some great music though so that's good.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Is it really fair to count the Smash Bros games, though? They're basically just compilation/arrange albums. It's like a Best of soundtrack for any series it represents.