• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Nintendo Soundtrack

Pyroli

Banned
Gotta admit, the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series has some of my favourite videogame soundtracks of all time, specifically the second ones (Time/Darkness/Sky).

Zachmac

FE: Awakening is my #1. I like practically every song in that game's soundtrack, except for the combat preparations. Kid Icarus: Uprising is then a close runner up.

After those two games, though, I find it to be really hard to decide. Hyrule Warriors, perhaps?

Swampurtz

God of Destruction
My favorite Nintendo soundtrack has to be Xenoblade Chronicles. You Will Know Our Names is the best part, but Gaur Plains and Mechanical Rhythm prove my part more. Awakening (Fire Emblem) us also good with Pokemon and Kid Icarus Uprising.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Fire Emblem's only good theme in my opinion is it's main theme. :/
Have you even played The Sacred Stones,The Blazing Sword,Path of Radiance,Radiant Dawn and/or Awakening?They have themes that beat the main theme a hundred times over.Even try listening to The Prince's Despair.It's not even as good as some Id remixes.Seriously,play your Fire Emblem before you judge it's themes off the few in Brawl and 4 3DS.

Ketaru

I'm very partial to the Kid Icarus: Uprising soundtrack. Though, Bravely Default is a very close second.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
My personal top 10:

- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- F-Zero X
- Banjo-Tooie
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Diddy Kong Racing
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Kirby Super Star (Esp. The Great Cave Offensive/Milky Way Wishes)
- Chrono Trigger
- Perfect Dark
Bonus: Pokémon B2/W2

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
I really love the Fire Emblem Awakening soundtrack. It is just great! I also like the Kid Icarus Uprising soundtrack. It had a certain kind of feel to each track. I also love the music Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky/Darkness/Time. The music almost made me cry at the end.

Nintendo probably has a lot more amazing soundtracks, but I'm limited since I only own their handhelds..

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Hmm...I think my all time favorite would be Uprising, but I really like Xenoblade Chronicles, Pokémon Black/White, and Wind Waker. There is another game that was on the ds called Rhythm Thief and the Emperors Treasure that had some catchy music but I dunno if it counts.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I have far too many favorite soundtracks in Nintendo games. My favorites are most Zelda games, specially Twilight Princess ( Sacred grove theme <3 ) I also like Fire Emblem: Awakening and Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness soundtracks a lot.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The LOZ: Oracle games have fantastic music for GB Color games. I also have always liked the Pokemon music but it got even better since the GBA days. I think the actual instruments give the games a nice feel and the music from the ORAS Demo show how much better the remake soundtrack can be.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll agree with a bunch that were already said, namely Xenoblade, Bravely Default, various LoZ titles, Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem (agreeing too that Sacred Stones had some neat tunes in it). Paper Mario: TTYD is pretty great with its music as well imo.

I am partial to various Pokemon game soundtracks too, but I wouldn't put those right at the top, just near it. That said, Miror B's themes are amazing.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll agree with a bunch that were already said, namely Xenoblade, Bravely Default, various LoZ titles, Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem (agreeing too that Sacred Stones had some neat tunes in it). Paper Mario: TTYD is pretty great with its music as well imo.

I am partial to various Pokemon game soundtracks too, but I wouldn't put those right at the top, just near it. That said, Miror B's themes are amazing.

Miror B's themes are at the top of any list.

Ketaru

Oh, for whatever reason, I jumped to the conclusion that this thread was about current generation games. I was wrong. That broadens the amount of soundtracks considerably:

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Chrono Trigger
Bravely Default
Dragon Quest IX
The World Ends with You
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Final Fantasy VI

Rakurai

If we're talking just one game, then it's Xenoblade for certain.