• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite opening from the anime?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Japanese: OK!, Spurt, Be An Arrow, Getter Ban Ban, XY&Z, Together, Volt (Rica Matsumoto version), first Pokémon opening

English: Pokémon World, first Pokémon opening, Advance Generation, Unbeatable, Be A Hero, Black & White (sort of)

Hauteclaire

English: I Wanna Be a Hero, This Dream, Unbeatable
Japanese: Aim to Be a Pokémon Master, Ready Go!, Challenger!!, Battle Frontier, Spurt!, High Touch!, Best Wishes!, Be an Arrow!, Be an Arrow! 2013, XY&Z

DiaRubyTandem

The Fastest Comeback
The first one and the Advanced Battle :3

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Advance Adventure and Ready Go

The BW openings were ATROCIOUS (both JP and dub), but the JP endings were really really good though. DP had the worst OPs and EDs in the series' history.

thiagomestres

Battle Frontier. It's amazing how that opening presents every single character in a beautiful and different way, always matching the song's rhythm while doing so.
The song itself is not as infantile as most of the anime's OPs are and it's quite thrilling.
That opening was so good that, years ago, i saw it on the internet and it made me go back to the series after i stopped watching when the filler season was airing (Johto).

Last edited:

kaitlynbrannan

shiny hunter <3
english - johto journeys theme
japanese - xyz theme

I only have three favourite openings:

1) XY&Z. Dynamic, budget-blown animation, great way of foreshadowing, just an amazing, mind-blowing theme in general! Also it suits how epic the TF arc ended up becoming. Best thing ever!
2) Be an arrow - episode N variant. Despite the climax being kinda disappointing, you can't hate on the opening for it, it is flashy AF and makes me wish that N had secretly been a bad guy instead of dumbing it down for kids. Great animation, great song, and the first ten or so seconds were what got me hooked!
3) Vvolt. This was only a recent love, but out of curiosity I decided to research it on YouTube. It is one of the happiest, most positive, upbeat songs I have ever heard. I just love it!

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
English- Battle Frontier, Original, and Black/White

Japanese- Spurt, XYZ, Sinnoh League Victors

fawfulmark2

The first English Opening holds a special spot in many spots for not only being one of the best openings but also because its one of the most iconic opening songs on TV in general.

that just puts it in a whole another tier altogether.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The english original opening is the best of all time imo. It's so iconic. Advanced Battle is my second favorite.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
japanese: aim to be a pokemon master, the rivals, high touch, advance adventure, spurt!

english: pokemon theme, johto journeys, unbeatable, galactic battles

NPT

Just a member
English: Pokémon Theme, Pokémon World, The Johto Journeys, Believe In Me, Stand Up, Black & White, It's Always You & Me

Japanese: OK, Advanced Adventure, High Touch, Together, Best Wishes, Be An Arrow, V (Volt)

Last edited:

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Holy I just listened to all the songs both English and Japanese. I got 1 thing to say. DUB > SUB from Gen 1-5. The Japanese openings were horrible xD. I guess J-pop was popular around 2013 because since then:
SUB > DUB. The Japanese XY and XYZ openings were way better then the english one. I guess they finally found out how to make some good music :D. (And the DUB ruined it again).

If someone is interested in all Japanese openings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42_YqelDJ-Y&index=1&list=PLhg4jc5C4BNfPwWug9N9unEqCYT18JUZ_