• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite opening from the anime?

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
If we are talking about English openings, then the first one.

As for Japanese....
First one, Rival, OK!, Ready Go, Advance Generation, Battle Frontier, Spurt!, Together, Be An Arrow, XYZ

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
From the English dub theme songs, I like 'Pokemon World' the most right now cuz the film version makes me nostalgic. :D

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I really like "Unbeatable" from the Advanced Series from the English dub. I still love it so much.

As far as Japanese goes, I love "Be An Arrow" and "High Touch".

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
From the English dub, I like the Pokémon Theme, Pokémon World and Unbeatable.

From the original Japanese anime, I like Mezase Pokémon Master (Aim to be a Pokémon Master), Battle Frontier, Getta Banban and XYZ.

EvanUn0

English for me is Pokemon World, Stand Tall, and Battle Frontier.

Japanese... Ohh boy. Do movie versions count? If so, the movie versions of Aim to be a Pokemon Master 2002, Together 2007, but regular show themes, then Battle Frontier, OK!, Spurt, Together, Everyday, Volt, and XY&Z,

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!
English Dub: Pokémon Johto Journeys. Surprisingly, almost all the English OP's have been awesome IMHO, except for Advanced Adventure.

Japanese Dub: SPURT, Volt, Getta Banban, Saikou Everyday, XYZ, Battle Frontier.

Litleonid

Going by English openings, my all time favorite is Pokemon Johto. It just has such positive and upbeat feeling to it and the lyrics are pretty catchy. Going by the Japanese themes, Volt and XYZ are pretty good ones.

English: All of 4Kids were memorable and didn't seem half hearted or lazily put together compared to BF onwards, so those

Japanese: Ready Go, Battle Frontier, Together, High Touch, Getta Ban Ban

AuraKshatriya

English: All of 4Kids were memorable and didn't seem half hearted or lazily put together compared to BF onwards, so those

Japanese: Ready Go, Battle Frontier, Together, High Touch, Getta Ban Ban

Agreed wholeheartedly regarding the dub openings. "I Wanna Be a Hero" really stuck for me when I was younger, but that might've been because it was the first theme to a region where I also had the games while watching the show.

As far as the Japanese themes are concerned:

-Spurt!
-Together
-Saikou Everyday
-XY&Z (this one's probably my favourite overall in terms of visuals and sound. The various scenes are directed really well, and the portion at the end with Wulfric was changed for a very compelling clip of Zygarde VS Team Flare. This opening probably does the most out of all of them to foreshadow major narrative beats in the anime, and also sounds REALLY good.)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
No preference order.

English:

2nd OP (can't remember the name now), Master Quest, Unbeatable.

Japanese:

Advanced Generation, Battle Frontier, SPURT, Saikou Everyday, Volt, Getter BanBan, XYZ.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
English version:
Gotta catch em all (season 1)
Johto league champions (season 4)
Advanced challenge (season 7)
We will be heroes (season 11)
Galactic battles (season 12)
Pokemon season 13 opening
Pokemon season 14 opening
Pokemon season 15 opening
Pokemon season 16 opening
Pokemon season 17 theme song
Be a hero-Pokemon season 18 theme song

I love Stand Tall for season 19.

Japanese:
I don't think I have a opening I've disliked in this. I love them all.

On a side note there are these italian themes for the earlier seasons that aren't translated from the english version (there is a version that is translated from the english openings aswell that you'd see more often) that were released on itunes years ago. Those were awsome. They would be my top favourite over all the english versions and even the Japanese versions because they were so exciting to listen too but I don't know if they would count considering I'm not sure if these were on CD/itunes exclusive.

Last edited: