• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite original Game Boy game?

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
What's your favorite original Game Boy game?

I'm thinking Tetris. I like Pokemon and Super Mario Land a-lot, but Tetris never gets old.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
I didn't really have that many Gameboy games. I guess you could say Mario Land was my favorite, though. I also had Pokemon Red, a Megaman game, Ninja Turtles and a few others, but I don't even like those anymore.

ForgottenPearl

Pokémon Red Version, of course. I'd also put Donkey Kong up there, since it's a great platformer with puzzle elements, and Wario Land.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Mario Land 1 and 2, as well as the Wario Land series. Looking back on it, the Gameboy didn't really have that many great games.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Not a game, but I loved the Gameboy Printer. Tetris is a given, but I enjoyed Mario Land 2 the best, and of course, Pokemon Yellow, that's what started my Pokemon addiction.

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
The only games I've played on Gameboy was pokemon games. So I would have to say Leaf Green.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
The only games I've played on Gameboy was pokemon games. So I would have to say Leaf Green.

That's not original Game boy.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Pokémon hands down. Now if only the battery didn't reset the data back then...

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Suprised nobody has said kirbys dream land, I have it on my 3ds and I play it alot.

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
I feel really old lol. Seeing that so few people on this thread have actually played original Game Boy games.......

Some of my favorites on the original Game Boy are Pokemon R/B/Y, Tetris, Navy SEALS, and Pokemon Silver (it played on the original Game Boy as well). Other ones that I've played include Star Wars (ported to the Game Boy from the NES version) and Star Wars Yoda Stories.

Actually thinking about getting the original "brick" Game Boy from Ebay just for fun, the battery life is insanely good, better than any handheld in history (up to 40 hours, the 3DS has nothing on that lol). Only problem is that pea-soup colored green screen, saw it first hand on my best friend's Game Boy when I was a kid. Then again, I might just get a GBA for my old games, since I just sold my Game Boy Pocket.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
I feel really old lol. Seeing that so few people on this thread have actually played original Game Boy games.......

Some of my favorites on the original Game Boy are Pokemon R/B/Y, Tetris, Navy SEALS, and Pokemon Silver (it played on the original Game Boy as well). Other ones that I've played include Star Wars (ported to the Game Boy from the NES version) and Star Wars Yoda Stories.

Actually thinking about getting the original "brick" Game Boy from Ebay just for fun, the battery life is insanely good, better than any handheld in history (up to 40 hours, the 3DS has nothing on that lol). Only problem is that pea-soup colored green screen, saw it first hand on my best friend's Game Boy when I was a kid. Then again, I might just get a GBA for my old games, since I just sold my Game Boy Pocket.

Makes me feel old too lol

I actually still have my brick Game Boy stored away, and I will not, under any circumstances, get rid of it. Actually, I only put it away a few years ago when I got my Pokemon LeafGreen version, and started playing D/P/P.

The colors are a bit off, but when you've played the thing for years, they kind of look normal :)

Trainer Michael

Pokemon Champion
Makes me feel old too lol

I actually still have my brick Game Boy stored away, and I will not, under any circumstances, get rid of it. Actually, I only put it away a few years ago when I got my Pokemon LeafGreen version, and started playing D/P/P.

The colors are a bit off, but when you've played the thing for years, they kind of look normal :)

Yep, it was so classic. The only doubt I have about buying one is the screen quality. From what I remember back when I was a kid years back, the screen was legible, and it wasn't all that bad (my friend was always playing Ducktales on it). But all the reviews that I've read now say that it's blurry, with hard-to-see faint graphics. Is the screen really all that bad?
The battery life was really epic, though. 40 hours on 4 AA's. :)

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Yep, it was so classic. The only doubt I have about buying one is the screen quality. From what I remember back when I was a kid years back, the screen was legible, and it wasn't all that bad (my friend was always playing Ducktales on it). But all the reviews that I've read now say that it's blurry, with hard-to-see faint graphics. Is the screen really all that bad?
The battery life was really epic, though. 40 hours on 4 AA's. :)

I actually dug mine up, and tried it out. It's not blurry, although it's a pain to set the right contrast, I keep messing it up, either too light or too dark. But once you get it right, it's pretty good. They're not quite as good as DS graphics, but not that bad. Battery life was amazing, and so much better than any kind of handheld electronics that we have today.

The only thing I hate about it is that I can't play in the dark. How did we ever survive the no backlight era? lol

Thriller

Its almost time
Hah, oh the Game Boy. Back when Nintendo was run by Hiroshi Yamauchi, and was much more humble with its success.

Strangely enough, Pokemon might just be my favorite overall title due to how much I played the heck out of it. I even defeated the Elite 4 100 times believing silly internet rumors. Second would be Zelda: Links Awakening. Not only did I love the story, I glitched the heck out of it. I even ruined my copy one time, but thats another story entirely. I threw the game away because of it.

landshaymin

Follow my lead.
I like Alleyway and Wario Land very much. Don't ask why but I almost love breakout-like games. And Wario Land is just good.