• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite part of Gameplay

Favourite Gameplay?

• Gyms, Capturing Pokemon, "Bonding with your starter"

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Elite Four, Completion of Pokedex, Battle Tower

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Pre/Post E4?

ie.

Do you prefer the game from the start through all 8 gyms or just the Elite Four and things that follow (Eg. Access to more legendaries, new area, etc.)?

I mean, for me, I only just beat Cynthia in Pearl, first time with Empoleon, and I realize, all the stuff that follow suck! I mean sure, there's the sense of accomplishment of when you defeat Cynthia at the Pokemon League, or fully complete the Pokedex, but be honest, is that stuff as enjoyable as your first time laying the game you just bought (for example)?

Personally I enjoy the experience of receiving my starter from Lake Variety/Pallet Town/New Bark Town, etc through to challenging the final Gym Leader (Volkner, Clair, Wallace, etc) along the way capturing as many Pokemon as I can. To me, this is more enjoyable than sitting in one spot for a significant amount of time grinding my Pokemons levels just to challenge the Battle Frontier. I never usually get to that point anyway, as I am not that type of gamer. All I can do at the moment in Pearl is just use the Pokeradar and wait each day for another swarm, but that's about all I do. Instead, I decide to restart Heartgold simply because that game has a very fun and simple adventure.

What about you though? What do you prefer?

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
My favorite part of the game is after the elite 4 and all that for it begins to feel like more of an adventure and you can go anywhere freely.... however once that feeling is gone you will forever be stuck there thus making you wish you enjoyed the pre E4 adventure a tad more thus causing you to restart your game. Ah, memories.

TheSwram!

You've been bitten
Capturing pokemon, doing gym battles & raising aka bonding with different kinds of pokemon is what I like.

Profesco

gone gently
I'd have to say pre-E4. But some games' post-E4 are worth it, too.

Emerald's Battle Frontier is still my favorite attraction/challenge in any Pokemon game, but the main storyline is much fuller and more gripping considering the BF is just about the only post-E4 adventure Emerald offers you.

At least Platinum had a continuing storyline post-E4 (and even improved upon it since DP). And even with that going for it, actually playing through Platinum's story leading up to the E4 is a longer and more interesting endeavor.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Neither. For me its building teams to use against real players, even if there are none to battle against! :p

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Crap. I forgot about Competitive gameplay / WiFi.

Um, how do I edit the poll?

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I'd say I love both, really. I did vote for pre-E4 though.

The pre-E4 journey has always been awesome, right since the day I started playing Pokemon. It's always fun to travel across a region with new Pokemon by your side. One can always do things differently each time.

But once the main game is done, I also like to train Pokemon for the Battle Frontier (though really, the Emerald one was far superior) and for Wi-Fi battles. Not only that, but I can also chase the ultimate goal in Pokemon - gotta catch 'em all, y'know? But yeah, since doing both is so much fun, I'll just keep one game for all my post E4 and competitive battling needs and start the other ones over ;)

The part where I "not play".