1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite PMD Moment?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by Wednesdayz, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

Each Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game had its share of memorable moments, so which parts of these games did y'all like most?

My personal favorite PMD moment was the battle against Primal Dialga in Explorers of Time. The climax of that battle was extraordinary.

2. mystic9899

mystic9899 Pokemon fan

anything to do with grovyle tbh. grovyle taking dusknoir to the future and also in his special episode in explorers of sky when he calls out to you and the partner through the wind after he, dusknoir, and celebi defeat dialga yet don't disappear.

FullmetalJackie likes this.
  3. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

The fugitive arc in the first games. I spent a good while going over this and my final decision surprised even me. I find the other mystery dungeon games vastly superior to the first one and Gates to Infinity is my favorite PMD game in every way including story. BUT the fugitive arc blew my freaking mind when I first played. Suddenly the story becomes something more, there's more at stake for you and your partner. Everyone wants you dead because they think they're world is collapsing due to your presence. The game takes on an entirely different tone. It's just great. It's the bastion of storytelling in a game that sucks at it all throughout (Gengar is my boy though). It's also one of the best integrations of the human transformation gimmick that's in each PMD game that is only rivaled by how GTI handles it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    Denko Sekka likes this.
  4. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I liked Explorers of Darkness the most out of the PMD games and my favourite moment from it was exploring the Craggy Coast dungeon cuz Bidoof joined me and my partner and the music was memorable. The Hidden Land arrival scene was pretty cool too. :]

5. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I liked that mini-arc too, though the Sky Tower stuff with Rayquaza blowing up the meteor of doom still gives me shivers. It was PMD Red/Blue's coolest scene IMO.

6. xerxes

xerxes ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

I was thinking about the question as its been a while since I played PMD, but yeah man. Going through the Sky Tower was intense.

7. Turtonator

Turtonator Torkoal Rip-Off

The final battle with Darkrai in Explorers was intense as heck.
    I can still see my 12-year-old self staring at one of the last memorable cutscenes, what with Palkia destroying the Dimensional Portal and the closure of the plot.
    And Darkrai spamming Double Team.
    But seriously, the cutscene at the end of Dark Crater is probably engraved in my mind.

Denko Sekka likes this.
  8. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を 今も上っている

Yeah, the battle sure was something, though it was the walk to the last chamber that was pretty intense. In my experience, Darkrai only attacked half of the time, he otherwise just stood there staring while cornered. It was really weird, but a bit unnerving because I have no idea why that's programmed into the game, especially with the final boss.

9. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

For me it was the Manaphy segment of PMD Time/Darkness when we had to take care of it. Saying farewell when it left back to the ocean was so sad. :(

10. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I hated the Darkrai segment of those games. Like, it was harder for me to defeat Darkrai than it was to beat Primal Dialga. :p

11. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

The entire time as a fugitive in Red and Blue really stand out for me. I liked battling the legendary birds and I was extremely satisfied at the ending.

Also, I liked being able to easily recruit Absol.

12. TikTok13

TikTok13 Oh, I have a title?

I loved battling Dusknoir and his Sableye in Explorers of Time (It's because of this game that I love Sableye so much), but I also loved doing the little Diglett sentry minigame. Oh, and the whole Nightmare arc.

13. DarkLeviathan

DarkLeviathan Banned

The whole revelation about Grovyle being a good guy while Dusknoir was a villain was my favorite PMD moment.

Denko Sekka likes this.
  14. Espmaster

Espmaster Active Member

Climbing the Sky Tower was it for me. A suitably horribly hard dungeon for the end of the game. At least, that's how I remember it. It has been a while.

Denko Sekka likes this.
  15. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

-The Fugitive Arc
    -Climbing Sky Tower
    -The brief goodbye before leaving your partner and the subsequent return

-The Dimensional Scream
    -Taken into the past and fighting to get back
    -Pretty much everything with Grovyle
    -The Primal Dialga battle
    -The post game for T/D/S

16. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

The Fugitive arc and Gardevoir storyline were my favorite parts of Red Rescue Team, though climbing Sky Tower and battling Rayquaza is definitely up there, too. As for Explorers of Sky, I'd have to say the Dimensional Scream and Time Gear storylines and escaping from the future. Dusknoir grabbing you and dragging you into the portal is definitely one of my favorite moments, if only because it was such a shock the first time around.

Also, your vanishing from existence and being "brought back" used to tear me up every time (in both games), and still leaves me feeling genuinely sad (and then glad) no matter how many times I play.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  17. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Completing Gates of Infinity is my favorite memory from playing the PMD series, though the Hidden Land stuff in Time/Darkness was cool too.

18. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Protector

The moments that you bond with your partner are the most memorable ones to me. The fugitive aspect in Rescue Team, when your partner regains hope in the future in Explorers, Holehills in GtI and in SMD when you give him/her a boost when jumping towards the Tree of Life. The sequence leading up to the final battle in SMD was the best one imo, next to Explorers. And of course all the goodbyes... :(

Denko Sekka likes this.
  19. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

The farewell sequences in each game come to mind, as well as most of the climactic battles, such as fighting Rayquaza at the Sky Tower or Dark Dialga at the Temporal Tower.

FullmetalJackie and Denko Sekka like this.
  20. The Temporal Tower stuff from Time & Darkness always sticks in my mind and also the beginning scene of those games that showed the beach at sunset.