1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite PMD Moment?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by Wednesdayz, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

The sunset and bubble scene from Time and Darkness was memorable to me as well, as was the first dungeon in those games. It was a short tutorial basically, yet the music sticks in my mind.

2. Don't remind me. Climbing the Sky Tower was a nightmare for me as was fighting Rayquaza. The music there and the meteor scene were beyond amazing though.

BTS_fan and Denko Sekka like this.
  3. Denko Sekka

Denko Sekka Well-Known Member

Hatching Manaphy and having to find Blue Gummies for him to eat. And the Hidden Land arrival cut-scene too.

FullmetalJackie likes this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I didn't necessarily enjoy the Blue Gummy hunt myself however, because visiting Coastal Rocky Stretch (Craggy Coast) to find those things was a pain in the neck.

BTS_fan likes this.
  5. M.P.

M.P. Retired

Fugitive arc in R/B and Future arc, Azurill's Nightmare dungeon and Manaphy arc in T/D/S. Dusknoir, Primal Dialga, Wigglytuff Guild and Darkrai boss fights in T/D/S were quite memorable as well.

And all the goodbye moments, obviously (apart from GTI, which I never finished).

6. dannymusic

dannymusic The Smiling Trombonist

I love the Guild in the Explorers games. Wigglytuff especially is such a memorable character. I love that he's hyper-competent but still unintentionally goofy and bizarre. Also, having Chatot play a role like Zazu in Lion King is so clever!

Emelie, FullmetalJackie and BTS_fan like this.
  7. mAdkip

mAdkip 4 elements

My favorite moment was the final battle with the PSMD boss. The story got really deep and had very interesting messages...

FullmetalJackie and BTS_fan like this.
  8. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Banned

In the 1st Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games when we find out that Gengar was the one who abandoned Gardevoir.

Emelie and FullmetalJackie like this.
  9. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Mudkip

The fight against Dialga. Easily one of the best boss battle musics in history and it's not just a fight for the world, it's the fight for your very existence against all odds.

10. I forget which mission it was, but the scene where we find a huge gem and then the dungeon gets flooded with water and we get swept away to Torkoal's hot spring always sticks in my mind.

11. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I liked the guild's field trip early in the game where we had to travel through a dungeon with Bippa (Bidoof) to reach the base camp. I also vividly remember the Side Path dungeon that was an optional area at that point.

MockingJ likes this.
  12. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

When Igglybuff burned the map, I laughed so hard. I loved how he sang, “Burn the map! Burn it! Burn it!”

D*N likes this.
  13. D*N

D*N Musical Star

Everytime Wigglytuff was being random, I loved it so much. The combo with chatot was hilarious and never failed to entertain me.

Leonhart likes this.
  14. NobleJanobii

NobleJanobii The Maddest Shaymim

It's hard to pick one overall. In the originals, the fugitive arc where you've crossed Mt. Blaze and are looking back at the mountain has always been such a touching and powerful scene for me. In TDS, it'd have to be the ending of the Grovyle Dusknoir special episode. When I first played Time I was so upset that unlike the hero, Grovyle and co. didn't get a second chance, so to have them get saved too was amazing. In GtI, it's the scene where you see a bunch of balls of light in the sky, implying you weren't the only hero called. I liked how they didn't make you the so called chosen one for once, you were just one of many, and you would go on to be the one to succeed. I don't know, it always just felt really cool. And then in PSMD, I think the Entei battle was always my favorite scene. The first time you evolve and battle against the beast is such a cool moment and is really where I feel like the story kicks off.

MockingJ and Leonhart like this.
  15. Zach8920

Zach8920 Active Member

The death of 'you' in Time/Darkness. Favorite story in Pokemon, and it did the emotion very well.

Can't believe i lost the game cart smh

Leonhart likes this.
  16. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

The fugitive arc was really amazing, and I remember playing through that arc the same night that I first got Blue Rescue Team back in October of 2006. It was just a really cool moment in the games since our characters were on the run and had to survive in the harsh wilderness, and it was different from any subplot in the main games at that point.

Cat's Eye Draco likes this.
  17. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

The part where Chatot sacrifices himself to block an attack at Brine Cave. I liked all of the Chatot moments really since he was like the perfect counter to Wigglytuff's madness.

Leonhart likes this.
  18. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

Where do I begin...
    Gengar's character development from the first games.
    Most of the Wigglytuff Guild's moments.
    Drowzee moment being pretty real in how child abductions normally work.
    The Description of the Planet Paralysis. (Pure horror.)
    Dusknoir's foreshadowing. (Blink and you will miss it, there is a reason I give a lot of praise to this particular villain. It is a hidden villain done right.)
    Trip into the dark future.
    The trip to the Hidden Lands. The trip to Temporal Tower and the parting of Grovile.
    ...Temporal Tower and Dialga. (Your Player character is trying to save the world... knowing damn well that in doing so he is going to cease to be. "A fate worse than death... non existence.")
    The ending.
    Post game... Manaphy. Darkrai being the most evil villain in any pokemon game and the things he does. Drowzee's redemption. Palkia showing up to try and murder you. Darkrai getting karma given to him.
    Explorer of Sky's bonus chapters... Into the Dark Future being the best one. (Closure to Grovile, Dusknoir and the others... in addition to how bleeping beautiful it is with their development. For most of that chapter, you feel that they are all doomed to being retconned out of existence.)

Gates particularly. The reveal that Hydreigon isn't evil, the post games logic in how it brings you back... that's it.

Never played or seen much of Super.

Leonhart likes this.