• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
As the title suggests I was curious who does this board have as their favorite Pokémon Designers?

Supposedly these are all of the confirmed designers so far according to Bulbapedia:

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Altruis/List_of_Pokémon_by_their_designers

I think of all of them my personal preferences lean towards Atsuko Nishida and Yusuke Ohmura

James Turner
also gets points from for creating the joys known as Shadow Lugia, Trevenant, Golurk, Poipole, and Centiskorch!

Who do you have as your favorite?

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Didn't know Hitoshi Ariga was behind the Corviknight line's design. Always thought his work on XY were one-offs.

Anyway, my vote goes to Atsuko Nishida. Even if I don't know who designed Chespin, I doubt it'd make a different. I really like Charmander, Dratini, Pikachu line and Minccino line's design

Mythical-Moonlight

Didn't know Hitoshi Ariga was behind the Corviknight line's design. Always thought his work on XY were one-offs.

Anyway, my vote goes to Atsuko Nishida. Even if I don't know who designed Chespin, I doubt it'd make a different. I really like Charmander, Dratini, Pikachu line and Minccino line's design
I really wish we knew who designed more Starters.

Only Gen 1, 5, 4 (minus the Turtwig Line), the Torchic Line and the Froakie line have been revealed.

Also am I the only one who finds absolutely hilarious that the exact same person that was responsible for creating the Least Popular Water Type Starter (Samurott) goes on to create the Most Popular Water Type Starter (Greninja) literally one Generation later?! XD

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

As generic as it sounds, I'll go with Ken Sugimori. He designed some of my favorite Gen I Pokemon including Gangar (Gengar), Laplace (Lapras), and Kabigon (Snorlax). He also designed Pippi (Clefairy) and Mewtwo, which seem to be fan favorites.
Ken Sugimori is a classic!

Tho I feel as if some of his designs from Gen 5 and onwards are a little more questionable than his earlier work imo I still do appreciate a lot of Iconic Designs that he brought to the franchise

Nodqfan

My favorites designers are James Turner for the Mandibuzz line, Atsuko Nishida/Motofujiwara for the Eeveeloutions, and Hitoshi Ariga for not only the Honedge line but my favorite fossil duo in Tyrunt/Amaura.

Also, shout out to the person who designed Rufflet and its evolution.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Shigeki Morimoto designed Nyasu (Meowth), Digda (Diglett), and Kairyu (Dragonite), which is something that I didn't know before checking that list. Those are some of my other favorites from Gen I, so I'm grateful to Mr. Morimoto. On this subject, I'm surprised that some of the most iconic Kanto Pokemon weren't created by Satoshi Tajiri himself.

Mythical-Moonlight

My favorites designers are James Turner for the Mandibuzz line, Atsuko Nishida/Motofujiwara for the Eeveeloutions, and Hitoshi Ariga for not only the Honedge line but my favorite fossil duo in Tyrunt/Amaura.

Also, shout out to the person who designed Rufflet and its evolution.
Takao Unno is one responsible Rufflet and it Evolution. So give a shout-out to him :p

Shigeki Morimoto designed Nyasu (Meowth), Digda (Diglett), and Kairyu (Dragonite), which is something that I didn't know before checking that list. Those are some of my other favorites from Gen I, so I'm grateful to Mr. Morimoto. On this subject, I'm surprised that some of the most iconic Kanto Pokemon weren't created by Satoshi Tajiri himself.
Wouldn't surprise me if Satoshi Tajiri were incredibly secretive on the Pokémon he designed if any.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Interesting that Dratini and Dragonair were Nishida's while Dragonite was Morimoto's. It does kind of explain why they end up so different.

If Dragonite does end up getting a regional form, I hope Nishida gets to design it.

OwensJB

Hitoshi Ariga designed stuff like Pangoro, Aegislash, Tyrantrum & Malamar which are mons that I really like so I guess they're my favorite designer for now.