• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite pokegirl?

Who is your favorite female companion of Ash?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

Why is rotom dex not an option?
I always thought that thing was a boy, you mean to tell me it’s girl? Holy cow, I’ve been living a lie

Ho hum my favorites Serena.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Hard to vote when the poll only gives one option.

I'm kind torn between Serena and Dawn, to be honest. Both had a lot of things that make me a fan of them. I normally rank Serena before Dawn but for this poll, choosing one over the other doesn't feel right.

Have a soft spot for May as well. She is kind of the reason why I got back into the show.

Mentally pic +1 vote for all the 3 whenever you see the results :p

(for the record, I like Iris too but I won't lie I prefer the other 3. That is not to diminish Iris, just stating I prefer the other 3 more)

Bendicion

Water Master
Shout out to May.

I thought she had a great character arc, right up there at the top (if not better) with Dawn and Lillie.
Are you joking? May's battles were overwhelmingly focused on luck/hax/DEM as the victory condition with Pokemon that she is never actually shown to train, just inform us that she trained and just so happened to have taught her Pokemon a new move just before it'll be useful... when she actually trained the Pokemon to learn a move instead of it just happening out of nowhere

diesglamouris

I like everyone of them as Satoshi's companions and Pokégirls by their own merits, but my vote is for Lillie simply because her plot and her friendship with the boy is what I've enjoyed the most in a certain moment of my life. Although Hikari has also a meaningful and enjoyable development, Iris give me nice memories of a brightful past time and Koharu is the reason I've returned to JN after a year of distancing.

Seriously Bonnie is in this list?? Iirc, they've barely interacted... In that case, best to add Bianca and Korrina. I also like them as temporary companions, battle rivals and even potential shippings.

My RANKING

1. MISTY -> 10/10 + my personal favorite +i love tsunderes + i love water + @pokemon fan 132 great analyzes + quite complete character + nostalgia

2. Serena -> 10/10 her story of choosing her future as a 10-year-old girl + Her sweet feelings for Ash + One of the best arcs in the anime

3. Dawn 8/10 -> Probably the most entertaining pokegirl + Fantastic contests and real rivals ( Although this is more thanks to DP as such) + little self-improvement story when she started losing. Anyway she still felt flat sometimes.

4. May 7/10 -> She got many free contests and rarely trained but still had OK episodes

5. Bonnie 7/10 -> She was just too sweet to me, reminded me my little cousin, she had some very good episodes like tyrantrum , lapras & zygarde arc and even though she didn't have a "individual story" it's still better not to have one than to have a bad.

5.Iris 6.5/10 -> It's great to have a girl who fight, but I still don't care enough for her since after having two girls with tangible goals and a more well-rounded character like Misty, I never felt a real improvement of Iris as a character. Maybe the whole Dragonite thing and the dragon power-up that was not very well explained, but the rest wasn't compelling enough to put her above the top ranked pokegirls, especially when also had controversial and undeserved battles like vs Dawn, Georgia, etc.

6. Alola Girls 6/10 -> I mean they were at least funny in their own way and had important roles in power ranger arc

7. Lillie
4/10 -> I have my reasons
8. Koharu 3/10 -> Eevee Taxi

Last edited:

Pokeshipper_

Misty and there's no debate about it. She's just brilliant, she's a great battler and she has a well-shaped personality. I love her Pokémons and the episodes that revolve around her are perfect and give her the possibility to shine. Her returns are the best comebacks.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Are you joking? May's battles were overwhelmingly focused on luck/hax/DEM as the victory condition with Pokemon that she is never actually shown to train, just inform us that she trained and just so happened to have taught her Pokemon a new move just before it'll be useful... when she actually trained the Pokemon to learn a move instead of it just happening out of nowhere
Nobody cares

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I like everyone of them as Satoshi's companions and Pokégirls by their own merits, but my vote is for Lillie simply because her plot and her friendship with the boy is what I've enjoyed the most in a certain moment of my life. Although Hikari has also a meaningful and enjoyable development, Iris give me nice memories of a brightful past time and Koharu is the reason I've returned to JN after a year of distancing.

Seriously Bonnie is in this list?? Iirc, they've barely interacted... In that case, best to add Bianca and Korrina. I also like them as temporary companions, battle rivals and even potential shippings.
Bonnie fits in this list more than the sm girls and a Koharu do. Even a rock fits on this list more than these boring girls

Btw why is the old lady from the sm market not on this poll? She was a sm girl too ( = appeared in sm for several episodes and a female)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.