1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Pokemon Dialogue Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by shoz999, May 27, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

As the title says, discuss about your favorite piece of conversations in the Pokemon series.

Gold - T-they aren't... are they? Maybe everything else... but not the Pokemon right? Well!? Can you honestly tell me that after all your experiences with Pokemon, that's all they are to you!? Can you tell me that Pokemon are just tools?!

The Mask of Ice - ...

Gold - WHAT ARE POKEMON TO YOU!? COME ON, ANSWER ME! LET'S HEAR IT IN YOUR OWN WORDS!

The Mask of Ice - They're... tools...

Pokemon Adventures has so many good character interactions! It's so freaking good! Gold just cannot accept that such a person who sincerely believes that Pokemon are tools exist. However notice how the Mask of Ice hesitates in answering that and even when he answers it, he sounds like he hates saying it. Like there's more to the "Mask" than meets the eye.​

2. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

If video game dialogue counts, then Clair's "That contains DragonBreath. No, it doesn't have anything to do with my breath" line was pretty funny to me after I figured out what she was referring to.

3. shoz999

Hau - "Hey Sun, did you know?"

Player - "Of course"

-_- Hau - "I didn't even finish the question."

I think GameFreak or the translators knew about how players didn't cared much for dialogue and just wanted to hurry into the game fast, so this was their response lol.

AgentKallus, catzeye and Dragalge like this.
  4. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Banned

I don't remember the exact quote and I can't find the video right now, but N's line in the Black 2 and White 2 animated trailer where he asks the viewers what they're striving for always gave me chills.

Majespectre and shoz999 like this.
  5. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

Karin's (Karen's) line in G/S/C about strong Pokemon and weak Pokemon is one line of video game dialogue that I will always remember. It was changed slightly in the English versions of HG/SS, but the sentiment was still practically the same, so I didn't mind the alteration.

6. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

That because she meta about it.

PrinceOfFacade and Majespectre like this.
  7. shoz999

[​IMG]
    Oak's Letter, the event-exclusive item depicted in Pokemon Adventures where Oak has written a letter to Marley, one of the stat trainers of Diamond & Pearl. It's an interesting look on who Marley is as a character and why she is so interested in Shaymin in the first place.

Prof. Oak - "Marley. I've read your letter with much pain in my heart. The explosion of the Team Galactic Bomb, the distortion in time and space throughout Sinnoh, the various Pokemon who have fallen victim to this chaos, Pokemon whose habitats have been jeopardized by all this and your concern about the increase in Pokemon bearing a grudge... against people. I understand how hard all this must be for someone like you who loves Pokemon so much. You live for that love. You long to contribute to a world without such conflict, a world which people and Pokemon may live together in peace... but you've given up. You've concluded that a world like that is impossible to achieve. I am truly ashamed to be one of the adults who contributed to our world today. But please dear Marley. Please don't give up hope. Allow me to introduce you to the Pokemon Shaymin. Oh, and don't forget to visit the Floaroma Meadow before meeting Shaymin. Pick the beautiful Gracidea Flower there. There's always an opportunity for gratitude in any situation and a feeling of gratitude leads to hope."

Majespectre likes this.
  8. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Banned

I had no idea that the letter was meant to be addressed to Marley. I always thought it was just addressed to the player. That's pretty cool.

Majespectre likes this.
  9. shoz999

Actually in the games, it's addressed to the player but in the Adventures manga, it's addressed to Marley. However here's an interesting thing I heard, apparently Marley will talk to you differently in the games if the Oak event is activated. I wouldn't know though because I never got the event.

10. Dream Lad

Dream Lad Banned

"The air is tasty here."
    - Random kid in Emerald.

catzeye and shoz999 like this.
  11. shoz999

So some spoilers to those reading the Pokemon Adventures Diamond & Pearl Chapter for this piece of dialogue.

Pearl - "Who told you to do such a thing? WHO TOLD YOU TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!? I told you to escape! Why didn't you get on Garchomp on my signal! Dia! Are you an idiot!"

Diamond - "Why would I do something as silly as that? Escaping is just your opinion, right? I chose the course of action I thought is correct. You're always pushing me around, so I wanted to say this before all this... you're not the boss of me."

Pearl "Wha... what did you say?"

Diamond - "Pearl. You're not the boss of me."

This is a memorable and powerful piece of dialogue from Pokemon Adventures, it really shows how much the friendly and mellow Dia has grown throughout his Pokemon journey.

12. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly

Pokemon Anime, May falls down and is basically hanging from a branch and can literally go nowhere with the exception of falling to her doom

Ash "May stay where you are!"

May "where does he think I might go exactly?"

13. shoz999

[​IMG]
    Okay, this is just a downright funny interaction between Ingo & Emmet from Pokemon Adventures. So in the manga, Ingo & Emmet are like these twin siblings who behave like robots, from movements to their personalities and for some reason they remind me of the Velvet Siblings from the Persona games. Their chemistry together is basically two twin brothers, the younger brother, Emmet, being the rude impatient Smogon fanboy while the older brother, Ingo, is the professional Smogon fanboy who assist newbies and drags his younger way-too excited brother away whenever he makes the newbies nervous. It's pretty funny and I hope to see this expanded upon if an anime adaptation of Pokemon Adventures ever happens.

Ingo - Aaaand... the challenger loses.

Emmet smiles - With a current winning streak of ZERO!!!

White - I lost again! Why is this so hard. What am I doing wrong... uh... Mr. Conductors?

Ingo - Call me Ingo.

Emmet - I'm Emmet.

Ingo - Don't worry about losing. This is just a test run. We're just testing out different scenarios. That's why you're here.

Emmet - Yes! We're studying you as an example of a trainer who gets overwhelmed and loses every single match!

White - Uh...

Ingo - That was rude, Emmet.

Emmet - I love Pokemon battles! So quick! Learn how to fight double battles and win 20 consecutive battles in a row! HURRY UP AND FACE ME!

White quickly panics. Ingo proceeds to drag Emmet away.

14. Ignition

Ignition Incineroar wins yet again (proud of my son)

Gladion’s “Get out” will always make me laugh.

EmeraldArcanine, catzeye and shoz999 like this.
  15. shoz999

"This must be the guy who jumped us. What does he mean 'stay away from this forest?' The only thing I know for sure is he's too strong of a trainer. What an irritating guy, trying to act mysterious with that creepy mask! I could just leave as he said but then I'd leave those two behind. I don't have much of a choice do I?"

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry for trespassing. All I can do now is save myself. I can never beat someone powerful like him... LIKE I'D EVER SAY THAT! IF YOU BELIEVE THAT, YOU DON'T KNOW ME VERY WELL!" - Gold from Pokemon Adventures

For some reason, this reminds me of a certain screaming sword-wielding kid lol...

16. catzeye

catzeye Writer's Block

Honestly for me, just about anything that came out of Team Skull's mouth. There is a reason they are my favorite team. Some highlights for me were

Grunt A: So, what? I'm lower than a Pokemon?! I already got self-esteem issues man! (from the time they were trying to steal berries)

Grunt A: "Team skull represent! We can't pay the rent! Had a lot of fun, but our youth was misspent!" (the rap from the Pokemon center in Po Town)

and of course from "destruction in human form" Guzma himself

Guzma: Y'all are stupid!

17. shoz999

"Yes. The Blinding One... formally. It is known as Necrozma. Long ago, the Blinding One provided light to more than just this city. It gave off enough light to illuminate all of Ultra Space. Our ancestors, who sought to grasp that great power and use it freely... they tried to control the Blinding One but the Blinding One resisted, and they battled. During that battle, the Blinding One lost a part of its body, the giant symbol on it's back. If the Blinding One tries to heal its wounds, the light energy would leak out from the damaged part of its body. That's why the Blinding One consumed all of the light in Ultra Space. That is how the light disappeared from this world and even after all that... Necrozma's wounds didn't heal." - Soliera of the Ultra Recon Squad from Pokemon Adventures.

This explanation of what Necrozma is really invokes a seemingly sense of hopelessness.

catzeye and wolf jani like this.
  18. Nodqfan

Nodqfan Active Member

"Bring it on, the both of you! I've been researching Pokémon moves, yeah, so I'm always ready, oh yeah! I'll take you both on in a Battle Royal, and you'll be down with just a Swift and Incinerate or two! You gotta beat the man to be the man, boys!"

I just love this quote as Kukui accepts the challenge of two Team Skull Grunts and quotes Ric Flair at the end to signify that he ain't gonna back down from any challenge that comes his way.

19. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

"you know what else he likes to take off his shirt and wrap himself in an Arbok"

"that's so nice an Arbok can be so cozy and warm."

these are actual lines used in the pokemon anime

20. PokemonKnight

PokemonKnight #1 Sylveon Fan

"Oh, if only everyone were like her- what a beautiful world this would be."

Lysandre (speaking about the best Champion Diantha)

C'mon! Let's stop Team Flare... No... We have to stop Lysandre himself. The world isn't corrupt enough to give up on yet!"

Serena (Best rival in the franchise)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019