• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Pokemon Game Type

Which game type is your favorite?

• Misc. (Pinball games, Box, Ranch, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Faerie

MONS
By this I mean if you like the main series of the games (such as RBY, GSC, RSE, DPt), the Ranger series, the Mystery Dungeon series, the Orre series (Colosseum and XD), or any of the small spin-offs that have been made. This only applies to the video games, so no manga, anime or TCG.

I'd have to say that the Ranger games are my favorite. The gameplay is fun, and the plots are great. Mystery Dungeon games have great plots too, but I don't like dungeon-diving games with as little variation as these.

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
I've only ever owned Gold and Diamond so I'm going with the main series.

THUNDER!!!

<So Many Stickers!
I like the main games like Ruby and Diamond (there the best!).;026;;136;;munchlax;

Reccaman

I noticed that almost anyone who played all the main series of Pokemon, really love the Gold and Silver version. Mine is Silver.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Maingames.

I like Mystery Dungeon(...2,MD 2,I don't like the first ones though I do own a copy of Red),and Colleseum,but...You just can't beat the main games,no matter how hard you try.

Mystic Flygon

GSC and RSE all the way, I don't really like the DPPT series that much.

G/S/C, D/P/Pt, the Shadow Pokemon games, Ranger: Almia (not the first ranger game) and the MD games.

Maruno

I've only played the main games, a bit of Mystery Dungeon Blue, the TCG game for the Game Boy (as well as the real card game, briefly), and the original Pinball game. Since I've not experienced all the games (I don't own any consoles), I doubt I can judge well.

But I'd say the main games. Even though the last 2 Generations have stupid plots (Dia/Pe/Pla in particular), they do have a lot of redeeming little features (like sideways cave entrances). And they're not spin-offs, which is a term I associate with "milking the cash cow" rather than "a good game".

Profesco

gone gently
Hey, whether the sole reasoning behind Nintendo giving us these spin-offs is to milk the proverbial cash cow or not, the Pokemon spin-off RPGs have been terrific games. Ranger and Mystery Dungeon both have plots that make DP look even worse than they already do.

Still, like any red-blooded Pokemon fan, the main RPGs are my favorites. That doesn't mean, however, that the other titles are subpar. ^_^

Supernova

/Blue Flames
I definitely enjoy and look forward to the main games more, but... Both sets of Mystery Dungeon made me emotional at the games' ends. It should be called Misery Dungeon.

pokehorse

i heart manga!!!
my fav. game is pokemon ranger 2.

joker0187

my rolfcopter goes..
main games
i feel the other ones are crap, or just to get our money for something that is somewhat crap
best games by order:
firered
silver
diamond
emerald

The official ones are still the best games ever made in the gaming world.
Not only my opinion, in a topic on tv on a populair game show, it was the best game to.