• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whats your Favorite Pokemon Game?

• Red/Blue/Yellow

• Gold/Silver/Crystal

• Ruby/Saphire/Emerald

• Fire Red/Leaf Green

• Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

• Heart Gold/Soul Silver

• Black/White?Black 2/White 2

• X/Y

• Sun/Moon

• Sword/Shield

Results are only viewable after voting.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Gold. Was my first game. Played it for hours on end. Loved every second of it. Never did find a second Dunsparce though. I found one in Dark Cave, used my Master Ball, then decided I needed to save the Master Ball for Ho-oH, reset the game and never saw another Dunsparce.
That sounds like something I would do.

KisuTim

Omega Ruby is my favorite.

Hoenn had been my favorite region and Omega Ruby finally gave .e the chance to catch/trade for a full Pokedex,plus I loved secret bases

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think I like OR/AS and USUM the most right now. The former is a great retread into Hoenn waters (despite what others say imo), and the latter takes place in a fun region and have plenty of challenging fights (Ultra Necrozma/Rainbow Rocket).

I tend to group Pokemon games by region so...

Hoenn > Alola > Kalos > Unova > Johto > Galar > Kanto > Sinnoh

Something like that, but I like all region Pokemon games.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
X&Y because that's the one generation I followed live after so many years wanting to play Pokémon and not being to able to because of lack of money to buy them. Granted, I started using emulators by the time Platinum was released on the US, only getting actual console/games by BW2's release.

Also, gen 6 was where I got my boy Chespin who end up becoming my absolute favorite pokémon so heavy bias makes me partial.

BW also has a special place in my heart. Counting emulators plays, I've beaten it over 5 times which is way more than I ever did for any Pokémon game.

Rodpaco

All things considered, I'd say Emerald wins it for me. I think Hoenn is the best region exploration wise, and the Emerald Battle Frontier was the best post-game content ever in my view.

Close runner-ups would be:

FR/LG: I love Kanto and I'm a huge fan of the Sevii Islands, which I think is also one of the best post-game contents, there was a chill atmosphere to it that I really enjoyed. FireRed was my first game (along with Sapphire) and I can replay it over and over again without getting bored. I guess the only flaw of these games (and the reason I've restarted FireRed probably more than any other game) is that there's not much else to do once you're done with the Sevii Islands quest. There was a sort of Battle Tower in one of the islands but it was pretty lame when compared to the Hoenn Battle Tower.

Platinum: this game is basically flawless in my view, and the Distortion World is probably one of the most original ideas in pokémon history. It's just that I prefer Hoenn over Sinnoh and the Emerald Battle Frontier over the Platinum one.

HG/SS: as someone who likes to have an extensive post-game I could only love a game with two whole regions, and HeartGold is my favorite Johto game. With two regions + 1 Battle Frontier, these games could've been perfect but they have at least 2 major issues in my view: the TERRIBLE level curve, which is a flaw from the original Johto games that can make them somewhat tedious to play at times ; and the fact that there were very few new places in Johto and Kanto (FR/LG were better in this regard because they had the Sevii Islands), plus the Battle Frontier was a litteral copy of the Platinum one.

X/Y: I've only played X for the first time last year and it kinda brought me back as a pokémon fan, I loved the atmosphere of the Kalos region, the mega-evolutions, and some of the pokémon were really cool. But these games have at least 2 signficant flaws imo: first, they're way too easy and there's too much hand-holding ; second, there's virtually no post-game. These games deserved a Z version, which could've fixed these flaws. Pretty sad that it never came out.

OR/AS: loved Alpha Sapphire because, of course, Hoenn is awesome and a modernized version of it was pretty thrilling to see. I loved to fly in the Hoenn sky, and the Delta Episode, oh my god... I would classify it as the most epic moment in pokémon history. Because as a kid I thought you could go to space in the original Hoenn games, through the space center, and catch Deoxys. Unfortunately you couldn't, but OR/AS made it happen! However, these games also have a few pretty signficant flaws: like X/Y, they're way too easy (I mean, they literally hand you a Latias/Latios for free, that's outrageous! :D); and the post-game content is interesting in a sense because you could catch so many legendaries, but it was way too repetitive, you catched them all in the exact same boring way: go through a warmhole, that's it. And, of course, the most disappointing part of these games was the absence of a modernized version of the Emerald Battle Frontier.

Last edited:

Nodqfan

Gen 7 as a whole I just love the peaceful vibe of the Alola region. Totem battles were interesting and somewhat challenging in some cases because t you not only had to worry about the Totem Pokemon but also the ally one that they would summon as well.

Runner ups for me include

Black and White 1 &2: The best story in the entire series in my opinion every character and battle in these two games feels important and nothing feels unresolved at the end.

ORAS: Specifically the Delta Episode for seeming implying that there may be a sort of multiverse in the Pokemon world.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
It's HeartGold/SoulSilver for me, bearing in mind I did not play the originals (I am planning to play through Crystal soon though!) so I have no real knowledge of what it was like originally.

Johto as a region is just perfect for me since I like the old-fashioned feel to the towns and cities, particularly areas such as Ecruteak City and Mahogany Town. The stories surrounding the two towers and the legendary birds and beasts is amazing and isn't directly flung in your face which just adds to the myths! I don't know what it is but the entire region just feels peaceful and old, and I like it. The gym challenge is a decent challenge with Bugsy, Whitney, Morty and Clair all proving to be reasonably difficult from what I recall, meaning that when you do conquer the 8 Johto gyms it feels like a hard-earned victory. Then you do the Elite 4 and Champion, and whilst none of them stand out as being particularly difficult (any difficulty they may have is largely due to low levels and a lack of grinding areas/reliable rematch options which is basically the only flaw of these games) it still feels awesome with Lance sharing Red's theme!

The Pokedex feels really nice in these games with the Gen 4 evolutions many Johto Pokemon got finally making them more usable - I'm certainly not considering the likes of Misdreavous, Yanma or Aipom for my Crystal team whilst their evolutions could definitely find a spot on a HG/SS team. There is a downside though, in that again the locations of many Johto Pokemon are locked at Kanto which is just a pain in the rear. The Gen 4 physical/special split also helped make certain Pokemon viable, although I hear that the elemental punches were TMs before and I'm very sad that they are not anymore.

Other things I like are that you can go to Kanto and battle everyone there, the fact that you can rematch all 16 gym leaders, that the Battle Frontier from Platinum returned (I am definitely going to try and clear it when I next play through HeartGold) and I do quite like the Pokeathlon Dome. If I had to put any downsides to these games... the level curve sucks, there's no easy way to rematch trainers (gimme the Vs. Seeker back!), Kanto/Johto endgame hides away half the cool Johto Pokemon (seriously why is Houndour, Murkrow, Phanpy, Gligar, Skarmory and others all locked to the end of the game?) and evolutionary items are a pain to get (not as bad as the originals I hear, but come on would it have been hard to slap a Shiny Stone or Metal Coat somewhere before Blackthorn City?)

Otherwise, Johto is awesome and HG/SS is the best Pokemon game ever made.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Pokemon Black and White are my all time favorite games in the series because it hit all the right things for me. I love the story, region, music, character, and Pokemon.

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are a close second because I feel a strong connection to the region through the culture it portrayed in the story. I like USUM better because honestly SM felt incomplete in so many different areas. Overall I feel USUM had a better story and character development.