• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Pokemon Gen?

Favorite Gen

• 1st Gen

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • 2nd Gen

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • 3rd Gen

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • 4th Gen

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Spin-offs

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1st and 3rd gen.
They had the best pokemons imo. atleast by the looks of them. But Kanto gets my vote.

I like 1st and 2nd generation of pokemon the best

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Johto, it started some of the most basic items we use today in Pt.
Plus home of the strongest Steel/Bug Pokemon

I always kind of liked the actual 3rd gen pokemon, but my favorite game set is probably G/S/C though, there was just so much to do. Two different regions, facing "red" (Aka Ash) after you beat the game entirely, and the fact that you basically just had two games in one. Also the fact that the storyline with legendary beasts/birds, especially in Crystal was pretty cool. I wish they had continued it that you could go to old regions in the next game, wouldve been funny to see like Brock with a level 80 Onyx/Steelix or something by the 4th gen. I bet thats probably why they didn't continue it in retrospect.

Personally I voted 3rd gen mostly because of favorite pokemon, though gen itself would be pretty close.

7eeveelutions

Master of the Skies
I prefer the 4th generation over the other generations, because of the new pokemon and new moves.

I never played the first or second generations, so I don't have any opinions on them.

Chaos Shadow

First gen has too much nostalgia for me not to love it. Special place in the heart.

Also a fantastic glitch fest, lots of fun.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I prefer the 2nd Gen due to all the revamps they did in order to balance things out. They introduced breeding, new types, items, special split, and a whole new selection of moves. The only major addition since Johto was the inclusion of physical and special properties to move types with the advent of DP.

Berries, Poffins, Pokeblocks and Contests have nothing on Johto's appeal. 2 vs. 2 is unoriginal and really disrupts the foundation of the series appeal; it's not Final Fantasy. Wi-Fi is a nice addition.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
2nd Generation.

Nothing can beat it, not even the first generation. Gold/Silver/Crystal were the perfect sequel. The games did nothing but improve upon the originals. They didn't take away any features, and lived up to my incredible amount of hype.

Too bad 3rd generation had to ruin that by "starting over". >_> Ruby's still a fun game and all, but it doesn't compare to Gold/Silver/Crystal. It's like the low point of the series.

I'd rank them like this:

1. 2nd Generation
2. 1st Generation
3. 4th Generation
4. 3rd Generation

PenguinBeam

Wish. Hope. Believe.
I voted for the fourth generation. It had many updates, and plenty of awesome new moves and Pokemon.

And just for the record, third generation was my least favorite. I don't know exactly why; I just wasn't very fond of the added Pokemon, I guess. Meh, just not their best work, in my opinion.

LegendaryRotom

Third generation.
Nobody appreciates it enough. Everyone is always: "1st/2nd GEN!!!1!!1! :DDDDDDD"

Please, R/S/E were good games. Hoenn was both creative and functional. The pokemon were so original, designs you just couldn't compare to the meager pokemon of generation 2 or 1. Even now,I believe they are far superior to generation 4, as well.
Every time I go back to play third gen. I find a new pokemon I adore.
...Castform, Swalot, Regice, Breloom, Grumpig, Armaldo...
I don't find that with the other generations. When I'm playing the other gens. I always battle with the same team.

and....

They are infecting your remakes! Go catch your Kyogres and Groudons, 2nd generation fans! GO, GO, GO!

Igotaname

Ninjask Lover
Its a tie between 2nd and 3rd

I just don't like the graphics of the 1st. I know it is old but I cant stand the sequence of the battling. I think the 4th gen is terrible, I know it brought many new things but its slow. I was just playing Fire Red and got to through all the gyms in a few hours, it would take me a few days to do that in Platinum or Diamond.

Apocalypse_ZLS

The Apocalypse
Difficult.
I think I would have to say the second Generation. The pokemon were great, the game was in-depth, worth the money since there was a lot of stuff to do. (And it was the first place where I got a level 100 Pokemon)

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Every Gen exept 1st Gen. Why?
*2nd Gen was awsome: Sure in G/S/C Kanto was a HUGE letdown and the fact the Johto was as big as the Wii's memory space They were still fantastic games because enough of the Pokemon were awsome and had the best music PERIOD. Plus it had Murkrow. With no Murkrow, no Honchkrow. With no Honchkrow, no Pimpkrow. I don't give shite about SHINEZZ or some "Evil" team (more like a pathetic attepmt at one) who just made radio signals to phail at calling their boss or make a shite pokemon evolve into a good one (What's so evil about that?) and chop off a slowpoke tails. I like 2nd gen though.
*3rd gen had a nice fast pace and had dramatic music that made me very insparational to follow my dreams and become the best trainer known to man. It also had diving and some cool Pokemon (Mexican Lilly Pads FTW!) which makes it more awsome.
*4th Gen had Honchkrow, Palkia and the two best Route and the best City Muic ever (Route 204, Route 212 and Canalave respectivly) and level 100 Magikarps. WHAT'S NOT AWSOME ABOUT LV 100 MAGIKARPS!

The First gen was Horrendous. Only good for glitches, and even those are most likely to eff up your game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.