• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Pokemon Mispronunciation

Yami_Wheeler

Stay forever young.
... xD

How about "Eek-ins" in Stadium 2? O_O

I've mispronounced a lot of names too. >_< Like Illumise, Kyogre... Hell, for the longest time, I thought Groudon was called Groundon...

coolespeon

I dont know.
I remember that in some episodes from the johto saga, misdreavus was "misdreavis" or something that way.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
Hell, for the longest time, I thought Groudon was called Groundon...

Oh my god, I did the same thing! But I've given up on trying to call it Groudon...that's just stupid!

What now your telling my Ki-O-Gore is now Kee-o-gre?!?!?!

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I used to always call Kyogre "Ky-ro-gree".

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I've always pronounced Rayquaza Ray-Kway-Za instead of Ray-Kwa-Za.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
~Goes through long list~

Sceptile as "Skeptile"

Larvitar as "Lar-vay-tar"

Gallade as "Jal-lodd" (Don't ask XD)

Froslass as "Fore-lass"

Probopass as "Prom-bi-pass" (Again, don't ask XD)

Electivire as "Elec-ter-vire"

Weavile as "Wee-vill"

Combusken as "Com-bats-ken"

Ho-oh as "Ho-ho"

I had a problem. XDD

Bobblefighter

Relic Owner
Wait a sec. It's Ky-Ogre? Wow, I feel stupid. I've been calling it Ky-Rouge. I don't know why a added an 'R'.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I think it's acceptable to say "Kai-oh-guh', since it's the most similar pronunciation to the Japanese name, which is roughly "Kai-orca", but I don't think there are 'official' pronunciations or anything, so it doesn't really matter.

Then again, I got a laugh out of 'Kee-oh-guh-ree' from one of the Pokeraps.

Cuttle

yea......

Venomothim

roflolmaomg2g
I pronounced Milotic as Mil-aw-tic

Also when I was a kid I pronounced Farfetch'd as Ferretch D (and yes I actually said the letter "D")

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Tee hee hee, there are some mispronounciations I like so much that I still use them. I call gengar and clefable "JEN-Jar" and "CLEF-uh-bull"

I remember my cousin calling sableye "SAH-Bli" and swablu "SWAH-Lee-Bloo". The latter was really funny.

And don't forget elekid. The English anime pronounced it two different ways. The funniest part is that 4kids' pronounciation actually makes more sense than Pokemon USA's.

Mawile412

Problem
what about for Machop? I always pronounced it Mah-chop. the mah sounding like macho.
But my friend and i think Pokemon battle revolution called in muh-chop.

i hope they never mis pronounce Mawile. it's a very straight forward name. Maw-Wile

Yami_Wheeler

Stay forever young.
Oh my god, I did the same thing! But I've given up on trying to call it Groudon...that's just stupid!

What now your telling my Ki-O-Gore is now Kee-o-gre?!?!?!
Actually more of... "Kai-oh-grey." But I'm pretty sure it's "Kai-oh-ger." Like the mythical beast, ogre... That's also closest to orca.

And yeah... xD I still occasionally slip up and call it Groundon.

Sonikku

Kanto Starter Fan
Mawile, one of my favorite pokemon, yet only two weeks back I was pronouncing it in my head as ''May-While''.

Don't ask, sometimes the first time looking and pronouncing a name, I really don't give it a second thought and leave it as that, even when I know it might be wrong. :]

Mawile412

Problem
Sonikku, i did the same thing once! :D i was thinkin about mawile then May-while popped into my head. and yay Mawile fan !!