• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Pokemon Move

Leonhart

Imagineer
Surf is my favorite move, because it has excellent accuracy, decent PP, and does a lot of damage. Psychic, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt are my other favorites for similar reasons.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I'll do each of my favourite moves by type:

• Fire - Flamethrower
  • Water - Surf
  • Grass - Leaf Blade
  • Bug - X-Scissor
  • Fairy - Moonblast
  • Psychic - Psychic (of course :p)
  • Ghost - Shadow Ball
  • Dark - Night Slash
  • Rock - Rock Slide
  • Ground - Earthquake
  • Steel - Iron Head
  • Flying - Fly
  • Ice - Ice Beam
  • Dragon - Dragon Pulse
  • Poison - Poison Jab
  • Fighting - Drain Punch
  • Electric - Thunderbolt
  • Normal - Thrash

Luthor

Metronome can be a lot of fun. Sure it's unreliable but just having Pokemon use insane moves is hilarious. When I first played Blue I taught it to a Hitmonlee and had a lot of fun with it.

TwilightBlade

Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball and Psychic are my favourite attacks because they're reliable. I used to love Surf until Gen 4 when it started damaging your partner Pokemon in double battles. :[

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Fire:Flamethrower
Water:Surf
Grass:Giga drain
Bug:X scissor
Ice:Ice Beam
Electric:Volt tackle
Rock:Stone edge
Ground:Earthquake
Fighting:power up punch or Drain punch
Psychic:psychic
Ghost:Shadow ball
Poison:Sludge bomb or toxic
Dark:Sucker punch or crunch
Normal:Return or swords dance
Flying:Brave bird
Steel:Flash Cannon
Fairy:Geomany
Dragon:Dragon dance

Leonhart

Imagineer
carterfeygo said:
Earthquake because it does 100 points of damage and has 100% accuracy!

I used to like Earthquake in Gen I and II, but ever since Levitate was introduced in Gen III, I felt that Earthquake's usefulness dropped. It was bad enough that Flying-types were immune to it before, but having a bunch of other Pokemon gain immunity as well was the final straw for me.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Metronome, Sketch and Transform are probably cheating despite how tempting they are. If we're talking about what I find to be practical and like to use the most, its Surf, aka the best HM no question

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I used to like Earthquake in Gen I and II, but ever since Levitate was introduced in Gen III, I felt that Earthquake's usefulness dropped. It was bad enough that Flying-types were immune to it before, but having a bunch of other Pokemon gain immunity as well was the final straw for me.

Earthquake needed the nerf...

My favorite move? The best damage dealing Fairy type moves, Moonblast and Play Rough!

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
I like moves that are unique like Pay Day and Assist. I just wish Pay Day gave you more money.

I don't like moves that rely on luck such as Metronome or Assist, although I at least admit that Assist generally comes in handy more often if the other Pokemon on your team know strong moves.