• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite pokemon Movie

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
I enjoyed movies 2 and 10 the most for that cataclysmic feeling they both share.
Although the whole darkrai is actually good routine kinda made me roll my eyes a bit.

Number 7, destiny deoxys would have to be my least favorite, the real enemy in this movie was malfunctioning demonic super cubes >.>

Not my kind of taste in an antagonist to be honest...

Redblood012

Gray Trainer
well i really liked, pokemon the rise of darkrai, lucario and the mystery of mew, pokemon 4ever, and pokemon 2000 the rest where okay, but i really did not like them as much

JMS719

The Rise of Darkrai was great but my favorite is Pokemon the movie 2000.

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
Might as well do over my list after revisiting movies 4, 5, and 6 after so many years.

1. Pokemon the Movie 2000 (doesn't give you a chance to get bored, good music and battle)
2. Jirachi Wish Maker (still honed in my heart, Max's moment, pokemon magic and amusement park, great guest pokemon, best villain)
3. Pokemon Heroes (scenery, music, good action scenes, two sexy women)
4. Spell of the Unown (nice plot, amazing battles, emotional)
5. Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (good characters, nice development, loved music)
6. Mystery of Darkrai (battling, music, characters with use)
7. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (scenery, developed lucario, that's it)
8. Mewtwo Strikes Back (well done back story, architecture was good, the rest didn't go well)
9. Destiny Deoxys (good and frequent battling titanic and small, cool city, nothing more)
10. Celebi: Voice of the Forest (villain was alright, good guest pokemon, rest was timekiller)

Last edited:

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Let me see....I used to love the first movie,but now I don't think it's so special(though it and Spell of the Unknown were better then most of the other movies)....Alot of the movies I don't really like(like 4ever,2000,Heroes(o_O Wait,which one was that again?)and Destiny Deoxys)...
I have to say Lucario and the Mystery of Mew,it rules XD

I would have said movie 10 if not for the horrible voices, crap dialouge and general messed up storyline.

But the best movie for me has to be 4Ever, followed by The Power of One and then the First Movie.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
My favorite pokemon movie is Destiny Deoxys
My order from favorite to least favorite is:
1.Destiny Deoxys
2.The Manaphy movie
3.Pokemon 4ever
4.The rise of Darkrai
5.Pokemon heroes
6.the lucario movie
7.Spell of the Unown
8.Jirachi Wishmaker
9.The Power of One
10.The first movie.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
You obviously didn't see the DELETE button either.
And you should ask a MOD to move this to the Polls section.
That was posted last November...
What was wrong with the voices or dialouge?
My, my, haven't you heard about that river? The one that someone cried? The one that people are supposed to get over? Well...umm...is there a name for phobia of bridges?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
My favorite movie is "Pokemon the Movie." I'm a sucker for the classics =) But I also loved "Spell of the Unown" and "The Rise of Darkrai." Those are my top 3, in that order =)

Least favorite movie? Easily "Jirachi Wish Maker." Incredibly boring and the story was terrible.

I like all the movies to an extent. I've yet to see an incredibly awful Pokemon movie. (Though Wish Maker was pretty up there... =\ The Shaymin movie that came out in Japan recently sounds decent.)

Murkronos

AKA Kamikarasu
most favourite is Heroes followed by Lucario and the mystery of Mew and Pokemon 2000

So what you're implying is, the english version of Revelation Lugia was tolerable enough to ever be referred to by its english name when not in complete disgust...

As you can probably tell, Revelation Lugia was my favorite out of ALL the pokemon movies. The movie is just so perfect to me in every way (although the world spontaneously turning back to its previous state just by a green pond flowing into the water; however, that Day Before Tomorrow-esque rediculousness was forgiven by the sheer beauty of the music)

Speaking of the music, that is the main factor that makes movie 2 so amazing. Jirarudan's theme is my favorite... it's so ominous, and it makes Jirarudan even more awesome than he already was.

Perhaps that is what made the english version so lame. (besides the crappy dialogue, crappy 4kids version of the storyline, etc. etc.)

you know, I hate to say it, but every time someone in this post refers to the movies by their english names, it just shows that they have no clue that the japanese versions of many of the movies are completely different from their f-ed up, english counterparts. Perhaps some people don't even know that the movies were originally in japanese. It just is so depressing that 4Kids has turned Pokemon's fanbase into a bunch of noobs.

sigh... sorry about that... I'm sure that much of what I said in the above paragraph doesn't apply to many of the people here, and that I'm just being a cocksucker, but I just needed to get that off my back.

...Of course, for all of you here that actually are complete noobs with no comprehension of the massive differences beween the japanese and english versions of some of the movies, what I said two pararaphs does indeed aply to you, and I say it with the utmost disgust at your noobiness.

Last edited:

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Lucario and The Mystery Of Mew
Very Lord Of The Ring-ish as far as tone goes

1. Both start off with an epic war
2. One does not simply walk into the tree of life
3. Think of that huge castle as Rivendell

Yes, I am pushing it....

sg_p3

Aussie Wonder
I love all of them but my top favourites are

1. The Rise of Darkrai
2. Spell of the Unown
3. The Origin of Mewtwo

stu770

Soul Trainer
Pokemon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.
The ending of this movie when Prince Aaron and Lucario are having a heart to heart talk gets me everytime, this movie has to be my absolute favourite one of all.

Well i personaly like movie 9. not just because it has some good advanceshipping hints but it's so heart warming for me. the way May and Manaphy acted. it was so heart warming and when Manaphy had to go i nearly cried. is was so touching for me. i think this is one of the most heartwarming pokemon movies ive ever seen.

Last edited:

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
My favorite pokemon movie was Pokemon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I like the feel of the movie, how intense it got, and how it got to the point where if nothing happened, their lives would have been in danger; so basically i loved the plot of the movie. I also liked Pokemon 2000 and Pokemon The Rise of Darkrai.

My least favorite pokemon movie was Pokemon Destiny Deoxys. It was ok with the battle between Deoxys and Rayquaza but i didn't like the plot