• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Pokemon Ranger villain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ragou (Gordor) from the first Pokemon Ranger installment is my favorite villain, mostly due to his laughing pose and because he received redemption during the Manaphy egg mission.

Aquarelle

Staff member
The Go-Rock Squad, mainly because of the Go-Rock Quads. I always liked their character designs, them being in a band, and how they reappeared in the other Ranger games.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Four GoGo Siblings (Go-Rock Quads) had cool designs, although from my perspective, aside from their theme music, I didn't find them all-that great as villains.

Daizy

I call you honey
The Go-Rock Squad were cool except that I didn't think they were needed in Almia. They only served as a Fiore callback and they didn't even contribute to Ranger 2's plot.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Xeogran said:
Ice from Shadows of Almia

Such a charismatic guy. I remember laughing when he called me a noob, didn't expect that from a Pokemon game back then.

I had forgotten about him and his two cohorts. I liked the elemental trio even though they seemed like minor threats compared to Black Hole (Blake Hall).

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
They're my least favorite Ranger villains because they were the evilest ones to me especially when they blew up that island.

It was quite extreme, although thankfully the island's Pokemon were rescued at the last moment. I also just realized that the villains in the Ranger games got more evil with each passing game.

NobleJanobii

The Maddest Shaymim
Yeah Purple Eyes and the Societea were always my favorites. The Go Rock Quads were the most fun, but I really gotta appreciate that the Societea was willing to blow up an island knowing full well there were Pokémon on it (Even if the mons did get evacuated). And then like previously stated, unlike Red or Blue Eyes who got redemption arcs, Purple Eyes had to be erased from existence. It was just so intense and I loved it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
Same, and my next favorite villain would be Wheeler from Ranger 2 since his Bidoof obsession was funny as hell lol.

I know that he was a bad guy, but in general he was so incompetent as a villain that I didn't even consider him to be a threat. He was more like a nuisance given his Bippa (Bidoof) mania.

MockingJ

Banned
I'd have to pick Kincaid because he was masquerading as a teacher and seemed like a nice dude at first until he became a traitor when his true agenda was revealed.

Lunalah

Yeah Purple Eyes and the Societea were always my favorites. The Go Rock Quads were the most fun, but I really gotta appreciate that the Societea was willing to blow up an island knowing full well there were Pokémon on it (Even if the mons did get evacuated). And then like previously stated, unlike Red or Blue Eyes who got redemption arcs, Purple Eyes had to be erased from existence. It was just so intense and I loved it.

The Societea were like a precursor to Team Flare since they had a weapon that could destroy whole islands which is a lot like the ultimate weapon that Lysandre almost used to destroy Kalos with. :D

Saberu

I was about to agree with Ice from Ranger 2, but then I remembered Red Eyes and his whole redemption arc... I loved meeting up with him when he gave me the piece of golden armor. Can't believe I forgot him, though I really did like Ranger 2 a lot more than Ranger 3, and have beaten Ranger 3 only twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.