• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Pokemon Voice Actor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoennTori

BisexualMexnese Kid
Who is everyone favorite vocie actor for Pokemon. This is not about 4Kids vs TPCI but picking there favorite va from the dub or the original Japanese version.

For me its a toss up bewtween Ikue Otani and Rica Matsumoto.

As for the dub it would have to be Maddie Blaustien! :)

Last edited:

iraqmaster

Eric Stuart and Jimmy Zoppi ( Billy Beach) are my favorites from rhe dub. Don't kill me, but I think Nathan Price did a better Meowth than Maddie Blaustein, but she was a good voice actor too.

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
Whoever did Ash Ketchum and Meowth in the 4Kids dub.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Mamoru Miyano is a defo. I just love his work and he seems to be a pretty bubbly guy in general. xD Like every character he plays he makes them shine with a certain LAAA~ ^.^

Rica Matsumoto is another awesome one.

For the dub...probably Veronica Taylor. She seems so sweet, and I loved her Ash voice. :)

Bluelatios*

Well I'm partial to Meowth, so I'm going with Madeline Blaustein :). But of course Veronica Taylor almost ties for the best, because she simply did an amazing job with Ash and May! No matter what, she will always have a special place with many fans :).

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Same for whoever said Prok Oak's original voice.

I have no idea why but I always loved Oak's voice in the 4kids dub.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Sean schemmel (he did quite a number of side roles in Pokemon), Bill roger's, Sarah natochenny and Rica Matsumoto are my favourites personally.

However I do like all the VA's in both dubs in their own way.

I'd list more but these days I don't take note on who voices who anymore. Like watching for the character more than the actor personally since it helps me get more into the show.

Though special mention to Oshawott, tepig and Cilan's actors whoever they are in the english dub. I like them aswell.

Last edited:

Johny_Olde

For Ash - Veronica Taylor
For May - Veronica Taylor
For Misty - Rachel Lillies
For Brock - Eric Stuart
For Max - Amy Birnbaum
For James - Eric Stuart and Ted Lewis (Don't forget, he was James first and he sounded very good too)
For Meowth - Nathan Price (Maddie will always be the best of course though)
Narrator - Ken Gates (Glad they brought him back at least)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
4Kids era: Eric Stuart. He was great as Brock and James. :)

PUSA era: Jimmy Zoppi. I just love Meowth and James's current voices. No disrespect to the late Maddie, though. :(

Least favorite: Ted Lewis. Although I like Tracey, all Ted's voices sounded the same.

Last edited:

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
I would say Maxie's dub VA (LOL trolling)

Nah,I think Rica Matsumoto deserves the first place :)

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
I like Iris's voice actress (Aoi Yuki) and Trip (Akeno Watanabe)
but I don't like Trip's English Voice Actor

I agree with a lot of the ones already said, but I have really got to put Marc Thompson up there as well. He's a really talented voice actor who voiced Commander Saturn and is voicing Dr.Zager right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.