• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Pokemon Voice Actor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty Ketchum66

~Pokeshipping~
Even though most of the current voices aren't bad, per say, I feel like some of them don't really put as much enthusiasm as the 4kids VAs did. There are some exceptions, though. I do like Jason Griffith as Cilan, because you can tell how much fun he has with Cilan's over-the-top personality. And for some reason, I LOVE Suzy Myers as Burgundy. Her first appearance had me grinning the whole time. Even when TPCi has those lines that just seem awkward, I always get a laugh out of her. So yeah, if the performance is good, the actual voice doesn't bother me as much.

Out of the new voices, I have to admit I really like Jason Griffith. :D Cilan IS hilarious and WAY over the top. Just like he needed to be portrayed. :D
Which one is Burgundy again? I get her confused with a different character....

~Misty

Toonyoungster

The Capture Champion
Out of the new voices, I have to admit I really like Jason Griffith. :D Cilan IS hilarious and WAY over the top. Just like he needed to be portrayed. :D
Which one is Burgundy again? I get her confused with a different character....

~Misty

Cilan's "rival". The one with the purple hair, always talking about revenge, and speaks hilariously broken French.

Professor Stan Oak

Not Samuel, Stan.
Nathan Price! He brought a sort of compassion to Meowth that neither Maddie Blaustein nor James Catchcart Carter replicate. And he actually sounds like a cute kitty unlike the other two. :3 He had the best, in character lines - he was just a perfect fit!

Last edited:
Any and all 4Kids voices for the main characters, Stuart Zagnit as Professor Oak, and Veronica Taylor as Delia Ketchum.

From TPCi, Jason Griffith as Cilan, Marc Thompson as Dr. Zager, and Nicholas DiMichele as N.

Professor Stan Oak

Not Samuel, Stan.
Professor Stuart Zagnit Oak would be a close second - he actually sounds like a wise, old grandfather that tells stories and has knowledge beyond his many years.

Third would be Ted Lewis I suppose.

Professor Stuart Zagnit Oak would be a close second - he actually sounds like a wise, old grandfather that tells stories and has knowledge beyond his many years.

Agreed. At the least, Stuart Zagnit's Professor Oak was way better than whatever Carter Cathcart has been trying with the character. I always felt Stuart nailed the role of Professor Oak as well, though, for the exact same reasons as you did.

Third would be Ted Lewis I suppose.

I liked him most as Tracey and Giovanni, but his James was really good as well.

I gotta admit, I like Ted the most as Ryo Bakura and Yami Bakura from the YGO dub. :D

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
For DP, I really liked Paul and Dawn's voices, they fit them perfectly. I don't think they would have sounded any better if 4kids was dubbing DP.

For DP, I really liked Paul and Dawn's voices, they fit them perfectly. I don't think they would have sounded any better if 4kids was dubbing DP.

Those two got great dub voices: I have to admit that much is definitely true. They would've probably sounded the same if 4Kids was dubbing DP.

Last edited:
Julian and Emily are pretty good - not my favorite, but the latter was one of the better ones, actually.

I think Emily's Dawn was my favorite out of the DP dub voices.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah, Dawn also had a better voice than the one they casted for Iris or Serena so far.

Still Misty and May's voices were the most distinct and memorable, and I'm not just saying that because of 4kids either.

Yeah, Dawn also had a better voice than the one they casted for Iris or Serena so far.

Still Misty and May's voices were the most distinct and memorable, and I'm not just saying that because of 4kids either.

Yeah, I agree with you about Dawn.

I loved their 4Kids voices, but for their TPCi voices, I liked Misty's MoMP voice, but not her BW116 one. Same goes for May: I liked her late BF and M09 voice, but not her MoMP/early BF/DP Cameo voice.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I was never a big fan of veronica's may, only because it was so sinilar to deliah's imo. It didn't sound bad, but it wasn't that distinguished. Jason grithith is definitely the best of tpci so far.

I was never a big fan of veronica's may, only because it was so sinilar to deliah's imo. It didn't sound bad, but it wasn't that distinguished. Jason grithith is definitely the best of tpci so far.

I will admit that it does sound that way in her first 4 episodes or so (e.g. "Yeah, we're starving!" in "You Never Can Taillow"), but it really grew on me later on. I actually really liked Veronica's May, but I can respect that. When she began to distinguish it from her Ash and Delia voices is when I began to grow fond of it: she sounded really bubbly and energetic as May to me, but to each their own.

Jason Griffith's Cilan is definitely the best voice for a main character in TPCi's dub to me as well.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!

After the first 15 or so Hoenn episodes they don't really sound that alike. Delia was much more high pitched than May's voice is.

After the first 15 or so Hoenn episodes they don't really sound that alike. Delia was much more high pitched than May's voice is.

Yeah: that's exactly how I'd put it.

Nodame

Misty <3
I only liked the original voices oh originals <3 :'( All the voices that came after it sucks. Dawn, piplup and Iris are the worst in my opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.