• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite Post-Apocalyptic Games

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
As the title says, what are your favorite post-apocalyptic games.

tumblr_na96efzLJI1t5gpffo1_500.jpg

I'll start with a favorite that many people love, the Pikmin series lol!... No seriously. Look it up. The Pikmin series takes place on a Earth that has been ravaged through so many environmental changes it's almost unrecognizable except the way the continents are shaped. For example Antartica, which we know as a frosty wasteland here is a tropical paradise full of large predators and many "treasures" left behind previous inhabitans such as items that suspiciously look like old batteries, snow globes or a screw-driver.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I'll never get over Fallout 1 and 2 for being as good as they are in terms of telling a story in that kind of setting.

shoz999

I'll never get over Fallout 1 and 2 for being as good as they are in terms of telling a story in that kind of setting.
I finished the first Fallout but could never finished the second. Second one is like the first one but ten times bigger. My favorite however is Fallout New Vegas, so much established history in that game from the past series. Also is not as black and white as Bethesda's.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
New Vegas is great as well.

Other games with the setting worth playing are:
Last of Us: so many games copy it now it doesn’t feel as original, but it’s still holds up very well.

Horizon Zero Dawn: it’s a minor spoiler but it comes up 5 minutes into playing, but it counts and has a lot of hits compared to just a few misses, and I want to see more of this setting

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Fallout 3 and New Vegas no question

All the choices to make.... big option world, weapon diversity, they really have a sense of freedom and you don't feel limited to one path. I wish more games could do that rather than be like "nah bro, you can only complete this quest one way" "No, you can't join Team Rocket"

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
Does Kirby 64 count? One of the planets you go to is called Shiver Star, but if you look closely, you'll realize it's Earth in another ice age. There are no humans in any of the Shiver Star levels. Who knows if they even still exist?
latest

shoz999

Does Kirby 64 count? One of the planets you go to is called Shiver Star, but if you look closely, you'll realize it's Earth in another ice age. There are no humans in any of the Shiver Star levels. Who knows if they even still exist?
latest
If there are signs of a post-apocalyptic earth, it counts... besides. It's Kirby. Nintendo's darkest series lol.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
The Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn for sure. The former had such a ****ed up world which was overrun with Clickers, Bloaters, etc, but worst of all, the remaining humans remaining are all so hostile due to the harsh ways needed for survival. And Horizon Zero Dawn was a world that paid the price for humanities grave errors centuries ago.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Fallout Shelter isn’t that bad. Just a bit boring at times when nothing is happening.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
The Dark Soul's series comes to mind in regards to a Post Apocalyptic Game.

You have the first game where you are witnessing the beginning of the end, the start of a long scheme to keep a dying flame that keeps the world lit up from going out.
A great curse, spreads across the world. (No thanks to the selfish god that started the cycle of flame!) Where everyone turns into the undead... sooner or later, they will hollow out and become no more than a zombie.
Not to mention the few truly decent people remaining end up making things worse for themselves in the long run. (The Fair Lady, Siegmeyer and Soliare if you don't find out how to save him.)

The second game that is split among the fanbase, shows how despite peoples attempts to find a cure of the curse... it results in people going beyond the moral event horizon, only to find a way out for just themselves... OR failing to find a way and becoming nothing more than a shambling zombie. (A hollow is pretty much that!)

The third game.... the cycle stagnates until the world has nothing more to burn... the end eventually comes whether you like it or not. (The third game also has two of the most evil bosses in the history of the games once you read into the backstory.... Dark Soul's story telling is all in the background lore. Your just the soon the be abused player, due to the trial and error nature of the games!)

JayZz

Hard to choose, there are so many cool games, but zombie games are my favorite, besides I found many cool games here. I can play them for hours. Esp I like Survival In Zombies desert.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well, darn. I was going to post Pikmin as a half-joke, and the original post already has it mentioned.

But seriously, Pikmin 2 is a top ten game. I'm glad Blockbuster was around long enough for me to rent-try it.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The Organ Trail is a pretty good Post Apocalyptic game. Really like its sense of humor and the game play. Breath of the Wild is an interesting take on the genre too. Having to live and survive in Hyrule in all of the elements and having to scavenge weapons from enemies can really be a challenge.