• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Favorite programming language?

JayZz

I prefer JavaScript and learn SQL now. I found dbForge Studio with sql server ide tools. It helps to design databases, write SQL code, compare databases, synchronize schemas and data. When purchasing multiple licenses, you get a bulk discount. Useful tool for every website.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Python
Best for Data Science

Zora

perpetually tired
MATLAB. Having arrays be the default datatype makes scientific computing so much easier. Can be a bit sluggish since it can't compile, and of course, being behind a paywall sucks--although, most labs will probably have it.

The other languages I used were python, java, C, and fortran. Of those four, python was probably the most well-rounded.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Definitely Python, although Python and Java are the only languages I really know to a reasonably competent degree. I'm considering learning C++ though.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Javascript, mainly because I can actually program stuff in Javascript without help. I'm currently doing a C# course and here's hoping it's not as bad as my Java course.

corruptZ

Definitely Python, although Python and Java are the only languages I really know to a reasonably competent degree. I'm considering learning C++ though.
Python installed for the first time on macOS.
Javascript, mainly because I can actually program stuff in Javascript without help. I'm currently doing a C# course and here's hoping it's not as bad as my Java course.
browser knows javascript well.

Humuskk1

C# is my preferred programming language. Strongly typed, elegantly designed, includes almost every important language feature you could desire, fantastic framework, cross platform, quick, and can be used for almost anything.

It can now even be used in a web browser.

Icy-Snowflake

Python because I'm lazy I can finish typing the program code faster (in comparison with Java where there's just too many brackets >_<)

Last edited:

Cargris

Python
Because of its simple syntax, extensive library of standards and toolkits, and interoperability with other popular programming languages like C and C++

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Just started learning Python, participating in #100 Days of Coding.

Anyone studying anything? May learn some C# on the side.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I was planning to learn Go. But self-studying programming languages isn’t my idea of fun.

I’m probably going to get my GCP Solutions Architect cert instead…